Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Schiano Effect « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#60 : March 22, 2013, 11:59:49 PM

He needs to be less stubborn.

In what way? I think the guy has a standard and holding players to that standard was necessary, especially in year one. Once players meet the standard and strive to go higher, then the guy can settle in. People act like Schiano was sooooo hard on the poor players. The same "players" that absolutely quit on Raheem. Professionals do not act in such a way and if Schiano had to treat them like amateurs again, then so be it.

Say what you will. His players didn't quit on him, unlike the previous two coaching regimes.

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#61 : March 23, 2013, 12:07:12 AM

Sweet Jesus Grimm.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#62 : March 23, 2013, 07:48:04 PM

You want a coach to get fired?

So you don't want him to succeed?

...Why do you do these things Griimm? Do you really think they help your reputation?

Beatles, I am just an observer here. Based on my observations this coach has no chance of succeeding in the NFL.

Destiny happens. My opinions regarding Schiano are not really a factor in his ability to sink or swim at the NFL level.

Thank you for playing.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#63 : March 23, 2013, 07:55:59 PM

In what way? I think the guy has a standard and holding players to that standard was necessary, especially in year one. Once players meet the standard and strive to go higher, then the guy can settle in. People act like Schiano was sooooo hard on the poor players. The same "players" that absolutely quit on Raheem. Professionals do not act in such a way and if Schiano had to treat them like amateurs again, then so be it.

Say what you will. His players didn't quit on him, unlike the previous two coaching regimes.

Just saying the players quit is not really the true story.  Rah was a player's coach and when things went wrong he changed. A leader needs to be consistent and when Raheem went from being a friend to being a tough ass, it didn't work.

Just like it won't work for Schiano trying to back track and be "closer to his team" this year.

Two things a leader needs to be and that is consistent and respectful.  Regardless of conditions.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#64 : March 23, 2013, 08:28:00 PM

still waiting for examples .....

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#65 : March 23, 2013, 08:49:52 PM

Slow start to free agency = players dont want to play for Schiano?   Wow . . . .

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#66 : March 24, 2013, 12:19:11 AM

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#67 : March 24, 2013, 05:49:06 AM

Slow start to free agency = players dont want to play for Schiano?   Wow . . . .

Slow start?  We are a team with tens of millions of dollars to spend and we need corners badly and exactly zero have visited? 

Toler, Biggers, Houston, Cox, Arrington,  DRC, Talib, Moore, McKelvin,  Fletcher, Sean Smith,  Cary Williams and Darius Butler ALL signed without visiting.

Virtually the only players left are Namdi and Grimes and freaking Terry Porter.

You call that a slow start? The snails in my garden call that a slow start.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#68 : March 24, 2013, 07:38:34 AM

Tracey Porter......not Terry.

Draft Aaron Donald

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#69 : March 24, 2013, 08:03:00 AM

Just saying the players quit is not really the true story.  Rah was a player's coach and when things went wrong he changed. A leader needs to be consistent and when Raheem went from being a friend to being a tough ass, it didn't work.

Just like it won't work for Schiano trying to back track and be "closer to his team" this year.

Two things a leader needs to be and that is consistent and respectful.  Regardless of conditions.

Five things a leader needs to be: demanding, consistent, knowledgeable, honest, and respectful. Eleven years at Rutgers is proof that he is all of those. I believe he and John McKay are the only coaches that have left the position on their own terms to this point in time. McKay was at USC for several years before joining the Bucs (for those of you too young to remember).

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#70 : March 24, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

There is no evidence to support the "FAs don't want to come here" argument. None. It seems that the Bucs signed pretty much all the guys they actually targeted in FA. Sure, it's puzzling that they are ok with signing average talent/role players at the positions of TE/LB/WR, yet would not attempt to add solid talent at the weakest spot on the team with many options that represent upgrades.

It's just 100% speculation to say that we have been inactive because no one wants to come here, and only basing it on a poll that was taken shortly after the kneel down incident(s).

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#71 : March 24, 2013, 09:24:43 AM

There is no evidence to support the "FAs don't want to come here" argument. None. It seems that the Bucs signed pretty much all the guys they actually targeted in FA. Sure, it's puzzling that they are ok with signing average talent/role players at the positions of TE/LB/WR, yet would not attempt to add solid talent at the weakest spot on the team with many options that represent upgrades.

It's just 100% speculation to say that we have been inactive because no one wants to come here, and only basing it on a poll that was taken shortly after the kneel down incident(s).

Either you found Jesus or woke up sober. Congratulations Chace, nice well thought out post for a change. Thank you.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#72 : March 24, 2013, 09:46:42 AM

Fans want to crucify every coach. Stop being pansy **CENSORED**es and give this thing some time. We still have multiple ways to improve and remember there will be more cuts following the draft

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#73 : March 24, 2013, 11:28:08 AM

Either you found Jesus or woke up sober. Congratulations Chace, nice well thought out post for a change. Thank you.

Just because you disagree with my opinions, doesn't mean that my posts aren't "well thought out". It's good to see that you can make underhanded jabs without having  to climb off of your "I'm a better fan than you" high horse

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#74 : March 24, 2013, 12:18:15 PM

poor man's java

I disagree, that's a discredit to Java, who at least has a sense of humor.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Schiano Effect « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools