Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Schiano Effect « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 22, 2013, 09:43:49 PM

Larry Johnson? His name is Leonard. You can't expect people to respect your rant if you can't even get the names right!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 22, 2013, 09:48:48 PM

Grimm-  "being a leader sometimes means pissing people off" Colin Powell.

Seriously, Rah was a player favorite and where did that get him?  The book is still out on Shiano, but you use some pretty weak data (twitter, assumptions) for your hypothesis that people do not want to play for him.  Arguably, with Shiano as coach we have made 3 of the biggest splashes in free agency ever. 

What a difference a year makes. Do you guess the word is now out about our coach?

Players do talk.

Apparently not to Goldston

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9048660/dashon-goldson-signs-tampa-bay-buccaneers

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 22, 2013, 09:49:19 PM

Belichek, Coughlin and  Shanahan all say hi.

Are you somehow trying to compare Schiano to THOSE coaches?

Seriously? I wasn't comparing their win loss record, lol. Go look at that list that you mention Schiano is on. The top ten least liked coaches, the majority are very good coaches.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 22, 2013, 09:49:59 PM

Larry Johnson? His name is Leonard. You can't expect people to respect your rant if you can't even get the names right!

He is such a juggernaut I have no idea how I got his name wrong.  Thanks for pointing out the mistake and avoiding the reality of the situation.  Thanks JDub for that critical analysis. You are excused now.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 22, 2013, 09:50:05 PM

Grimmy makes himself an easy target with his nonsense

Which of my points were nonsense. Let's play fact check boys and girls. These type of coaches weeded out decades ago......check

No free agent cb has even visited 1buc......check.

Top cb Biggers signs elsewhere without giving us a chance to match. ......check.

You were saying?

Case in point, point, and point ..... you were saying?

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 22, 2013, 09:50:42 PM

It's quite simple, some posters just can't be pleased and are content only when miserable.

Money talks in the NFL. If you think otherwise then you are extremely naive. Hopefully, responsible adults are supervising and making decisions for you.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 22, 2013, 09:58:46 PM

It's quite simple, some posters just can't be pleased and are content only when miserable.

Money talks in the NFL. If you think otherwise then you are extremely naive. Hopefully, responsible adults are supervising and making decisions for you.

Yeah how could you tell I was so happy being so discontent about our dreadful coaching.
??? WTF ???

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 22, 2013, 10:04:34 PM

Yeah how could you tell I was so happy being so discontent about our dreadful coaching.
??? WTF ???

lolz

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 22, 2013, 10:08:41 PM

Schiano got us VJ, Nicks, Goldson, and pretty soon Revis.

What coach handled FA better for us?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 22, 2013, 10:14:59 PM

The players didn't know how big of an ass hole he was last year.

Now that they know,  why aren't they lining up to come here THIS year homer?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 22, 2013, 10:15:59 PM

??? WTF ???

"Dreadful"?

Raheem was "dreadful". Schiano has some work to do but he is far from "dreadful". This exaggeration is why you are a joke.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 22, 2013, 10:18:56 PM

The players didn't know how big of an ass hole he was last year.

Now that they know,  why aren't they lining up to come here THIS year homer?
How many players have turned down an offer from us besides ring chasers?

Schiano an ass? Well this thread has a pretty obvious agenda.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 22, 2013, 10:20:16 PM

??? WTF ???

"Dreadful"?

Raheem was "dreadful". Schiano has some work to do but he is far from "dreadful". This exaggeration is why you are a joke.

You just can't handle the truth. Who are your starting corners again?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#43 : March 22, 2013, 10:20:52 PM

For it to be an effect, you would expect evidence.

By all accounts, the Bucs aren't interested in the examples you provided.

Bennett, Miller, Biggers all left because we didn't express interest.  All had a chance to bash the coach, yet we haven't heard a peep? 

The only soldier backing your story is Winslow and that is ancient.

I think it's quite simple; Schiano actually has a high standard for talent, character, etc and frankly our team isn't stacked with those combo types. 

The hardest thing for us as Buc fans seems to be the reality we really aren't that good.  We made a horrific coaching change to the Raheem Era, we drafted poorly and our internal development program actually seemed to make players worse.  Too many "key" positions in football are either our weakest, or lack consistency.  We have been unlucky with injuries, and through those years our division has improved.

We are at the beginning stages of what is called corporate re-engineering and long over-due.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 22, 2013, 10:24:15 PM

??? WTF ???

"Dreadful"?

You just can't handle the truth. Who are your starting corners again?

I'll answer at the beginning of the season.

Who is your solution at head coach if Schiano is so "dreadful"? Or are you just good at **CENSORED**ing?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Schiano Effect « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools