Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Make believe" Reality TV and its popularity? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#135 : March 28, 2013, 01:38:53 PM

Screw reality TV. Listen to reality radio.  About 2 minutes worth of gold, right here.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#136 : March 28, 2013, 02:00:47 PM

There is only one TRUE reality show worth a damn

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#137 : March 28, 2013, 03:48:52 PM

This exchange is one of the funniest things I've ever read on this forum.

It is more sad, sad that I allowed myself to be involved with it.   My apologies for my part in the nonsense including to the OP since it was his thread to begin with.  It's about time for a break for me I think and when I do post I need to be much more selective and just ignore a lot more.

To be a bit more accurate, you didn't get roped in. You started it, and then helped escalate it. But whatever...

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#138 : March 28, 2013, 05:21:26 PM

"To be a bit more accurate, you didn't get roped in. "

If you want to be accurate then don't falsely attribute words to him that he never used.

"You started it, and then helped escalate it"

No he didn't. Where psych-boy is concerned you can be certain who the provocateur is.

"But whatever..."

Congratulations, you got the last word and one last cheap-shot.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#139 : March 28, 2013, 05:31:44 PM

"To be a bit more accurate, you didn't get roped in. "

If you want to be accurate then don't falsely attribute words to him that he never used.

What false words did I attribute to him?

"You started it, and then helped escalate it"

No he didn't. Where psych-boy is concerned you can be certain who the provocateur is.

Maybe I'm confused. Did Vinny Peanuts, Runole, or myslef come into this thread and attempt to goad olaf into a flame war? Because looking back at page one of the thread, I could swear it looks as though it was the other way around.

I'm not defending Vinny P's lunacy, but lets not pretend that olaf was simply engaging in harmless debate and then got "roped into" a confrontation. He was seeking a confrontation with his very first post in the thread. I engaged him briefly, and then chose to ignore him. Vinny took the opposite approach. But he can't argue with himself, right?

"But whatever..."

Congratulations, you got the last word and one last cheap-shot.

Nothing cheap about it. I dislike Vinny as much as the next guy, but you've never seen an argument between him and I reach this point of craziness, have you?
: March 28, 2013, 05:36:34 PM CBWx2

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#140 : March 28, 2013, 05:52:10 PM

I dislike Vinny as much as the next guy, but you've never seen an argument between him and I reach this point of craziness, have you?

CBW is right.  (ouch, that hurt --lol- kidding)

I am as much to blame as Olaf (and others) for the TONE of the debate BUT the "craziness" is not the debate, its that Olaf  . . . .CHOSE (key word) .. . .   . .  to go beyond a debate on a message board and actually obtain information about me personally so that . . .  . as crazy as this sounds  . . .  could send some sort of weird message to me in an attempt to drive me from the boards.  You dont have to take my word for that, you can see it if you go back and look at the threads

That sounds crazy even typing it BUT THAT IS THE TRUTH.

That is border line crazy and Olaf . . . . CHOSE (key word)  . . . .to do all of that while I was asking him to relax and stop . . . and that is the TRUTH.  He also did that while DENYING it out on these boards, that is why I had no choice but to have the very public disagreement on here the other night

Again, I accept responsibility for contributing to the negative tone, but the rest crosses any reasonable line.

Sorry for my role in the tone, but not sorry about defending myself (my family) against something Olaf knows is wrong.  Why do I say he knows it was wrong?  because I asked him to meet me in person or give me his personal contact info . . . and he refused. I gave him the choice . .

End of story . .
: March 28, 2013, 05:53:46 PM VinBucFan

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#141 : March 28, 2013, 06:05:33 PM

"What false words did I attribute to him?"

He never said "roped in" those are your words not his.

"Because looking back at page one of the thread,"

You really believe that's when this started? You're not that naive.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#142 : March 28, 2013, 06:07:49 PM

"I accept responsibility for contributing to the negative tone,"

Well, that's refreshing. We'll see how long that lasts.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#143 : March 28, 2013, 06:10:14 PM

"I accept responsibility for contributing to the negative tone,"

Well, that's refreshing. We'll see how long that lasts.

%$#@ you!   ;)

Kidding of course.  By the way, on that subject and you posting that . . .  wow . . . how do you spell that Yiddish word?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#144 : March 28, 2013, 06:28:50 PM

"What false words did I attribute to him?"

He never said "roped in" those are your words not his.

Fair enough. I misread. Sorry about that to you and olaf.

"Because looking back at page one of the thread,"

You really believe that's when this started? You're not that naive.

I'm sure it was a build up over the course of months, and I realize that Vinny the Buffoon is a provocateur, but that still doesn't mean that olaf didn't seek to start this confrontation. There are only two ways that a debate with Vinny Peanuts can end; with you simply choosing to ignore him eventually, or like this. That lesson should have been learned a long time ago.

I dislike Vinny as much as the next guy, but you've never seen an argument between him and I reach this point of craziness, have you?

CBW is right.  (ouch, that hurt --lol- kidding)

I know I am, but it's not because of you. It's because when you threatened to beat me up at a Bucs game or GTG, and asked me to provide my personal info so that you could come fight me, I chose to simply mock you and ignore you rather than to stoop to your level.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#145 : March 28, 2013, 06:51:20 PM

"It's because when you threatened to beat me up at a Bucs game or GTG, and asked me to provide my personal info so that you could come fight me,"

I remember that. That's the way he rolls, now the chickens have come home to roost. That isn't yiddish it's karma.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#146 : March 28, 2013, 07:35:19 PM

"It's because when you threatened to beat me up at a Bucs game or GTG, and asked me to provide my personal info so that you could come fight me,"

I remember that. That's the way he rolls, now the chickens have come home to roost. That isn't yiddish it's karma.

Yeah, except they were geese. 

As I recall, CBW compared an embryo to a tumor in the context of an abortion. I called him a bunch of names, said he deserved to have his azz kicked, and invited him to come down, finishing with a SMILEY FACE.  CBW then accused me of hiding behind a computer, to which I said i was not that type of person and would gladly meet him. I joked about it not being an olive branch.

That was all in text. I no more intended to fight CBW then he intended to come down and be "buddy buddy" with me. if you used your"chickens" logic then Illum (and you, right?) would be worried about someone shooting you right?  That's what both of you posted about me, right? All of that, contributes to a bad tone BUT it is very different than actual conduct OUTSIDE the board

In fact, what happened here is the opposite because the "offender" is someone using anonymity to harass another.
: March 28, 2013, 07:51:27 PM VinBucFan

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#147 : March 28, 2013, 07:48:51 PM

"if you used your"chickens" logic then Illum (and you, right?) would be worried about someone shooting you right? "

After reading through that torturous logic, I would be most thrilled if someone could step in and shoot me in the face.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#148 : March 28, 2013, 07:53:03 PM

"if you used your"chickens" logic then Illum (and you, right?) would be worried about someone shooting you right? "

After reading through that torturous logic, I would be most thrilled if someone could step in and shoot me in the face.

both typed on a message board
the issue here NOT typed on a message board

simple, but no doubt you want to distance yourself from your "typed on a message" board.  Most here, including myself, live in at least partially glass homes when it comes to TONE but that is not the issue in this instance

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#149 : March 28, 2013, 07:57:28 PM

Reality radio. I doubt a single one of you bastards have listened to any of these clips I've posted. So, I'll just keep posting them till I piss you off. 
For my money the greatest radio talk show host that's ever graced the airwaves. I can even tell you, for those of us in the business, Neil is considered to be, the king.
Funny clip.

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Make believe" Reality TV and its popularity? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools