Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No Revis, please. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 23, 2013, 11:24:30 PM

we all know that Dominik frequents the red board

This is the brilliance of this thread. He'll overlook the sticky and see that the only thread about it is a negative one and immediately call off the terrible trade!

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 23, 2013, 11:24:37 PM

Thanks for separating your Revis thread from the rest of them. I, too, feel that you're a little too good to be included with everyone else.

I don't get it. I didn't post that, you edited it to make it appear I said something I didn't.....so yeah. Don't get it. Unless I was poking fun and forgot...but I don't think so.

Click the link of the post.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 23, 2013, 11:25:49 PM

Thanks for separating your mock draft from the rest of them. I, too, feel that you're a little too good to be included with everyone else.
http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1302259.0.HTML

Didn't realize you had been nominated to the thread count police Dumbinator. I'll make sure to fill out the proper paperwork and get your permission before I make a thread next time.

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1302890.0.html

I was kind enough to not over run the board's main mock draft thread by making my own thread and containing the ridiculous amount of mock/ranking/favorite 50/ect posts I make to my own thread, sparing everyone who isn't interested. I don't see how that is the same thing as another Revis thread, but hey...to each his own.

I get the attempt at humor, I just don't like it when people alter quotes.
: March 23, 2013, 11:28:02 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 23, 2013, 11:28:02 PM

It's the same thing.

But neither scenario is worth getting upset about. It's just a thread, don't read it if you (the general "you", not the specific "you") don't want to!

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 23, 2013, 11:29:34 PM

I'll try not to cry.

Anyways....anyone notice that idiot Illuminator is now called "Chief Joseph" and is MUTED? lol

Draft Aaron Donald

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 23, 2013, 11:33:18 PM

I never much minded Illuminator, but I never got into it with him. I'm really happy with how the forum was cleaned up. Most thread discussions have actually been about the thread topic recently, save this one, LOL.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#21 : March 23, 2013, 11:34:55 PM

JDub, let me know if you need a kleenex.  Now that I've clicked the link and seen the source, I find the "attempt at humor" pretty successful.  LOL.

Whatever happened to Chief Illuminator?  Speaking of altering quotes, whatever happened to Java? 

I get off the river, and some familiar, sometimes amusing, often annoying faces are missing.  Did I miss an epic throwdown that saw the Ban Hammer actually come out of it's safe?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 23, 2013, 11:39:44 PM

I never much minded Illuminator, but I never got into it with him. I'm really happy with how the forum was cleaned up. Most thread discussions have actually been about the thread topic recently, save this one, LOL.

+10000000

Draft Aaron Donald

Sailing2smth

Starter

#23 : March 24, 2013, 05:48:29 AM

We are a young team building a good nucleus.
We are not one player away.
Stick to the plan.
Giving away picks detracts from team in long run.
  -High draft picks for a franchise qb, or  amazing pass rusher, maybe.
Revis has shown to be a malcontent over and over again.
15 million dedicated to a corner?!

Please don't do it!

/fan either way.

This

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 24, 2013, 06:03:04 AM

I agree with the op.

I can see us going DE in the 1st an then cb in 2 of the next 3 rounds.
How about Logan Ryan in the 3rd and we can have Ryan Island instead of Revis Island.

We can get a few good cbs in those rounds. Starting drafted rookie corners,  at least one appears to be a very high likelihood at this point.

I don't see any starting corners on the current roster.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 24, 2013, 07:45:24 AM

Two points.

First. teams typically only blow multiple high draft picks and pay huge contracts for a single player when they believe they are that one player away from the SB.

Second. I don't believe we are. I do believe we will be a playoff team with or without Revis, but I would much prefer using those picks to flesh out the roster. We need several starter upgrades and depth more than we need Revis.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#26 : March 24, 2013, 07:46:51 AM

We are a young team building a good nucleus.
We are not one player away.
Stick to the plan.
Giving away picks detracts from team in long run.
  -High draft picks for a franchise qb, or  amazing pass rusher, maybe.
Revis has shown to be a malcontent over and over again.
15 million dedicated to a corner?!

Please don't do it!

/fan either way.

I'm with you on this - I really think it'll set us back another 5+ years.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 24, 2013, 08:18:00 AM

Totally agree.

Pass on Revis for all the reasons the OP stated.

Have the scouts study the CBs endlessly so that the team can draft two players that can become productive starters.

Sure there may be growing pains but Rome wasn't built in a day.  That's the attitude I have as far as getting this team to become a perennial playoff participant.

Turn the page.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 24, 2013, 08:19:49 AM

I'd like to see us trade back in the draft multiple times to acquire more picks. We can add several young talented DTs, DEs, and CBs....plus a TE, OL, WR, RB, and another LB....and continue to build this team for the long term. Football is a team game and we need to finish building a complete team, not blow everything for one guy.

I don't care about Revis. I just wish we would have grabbed a few for FAs. I think guys like Victor Butler, Larry Grant, and Ahmad Bradshaw (among others) could be had cheap and would fill immediate needs for us. Not sure why we haven't taken full advantage of free agency to improve the depth on this roster. I hope it isn't related to waiting on Revis. Just leaves a lot to do in the draft. A little too much imo.
: March 24, 2013, 08:25:06 AM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#29 : March 24, 2013, 08:25:23 AM

At one point I though the theory of getting Revis was right but the execution was poor. I think the more I look at the stats and economics of it I'm less and less interested in trading a lot of picks and tying up a ton of cap room in one CB no matter how good he was and might be again.

remind me again exactly why the Jets want to let him go? if he's a world-CB, wouldn't they keep him?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No Revis, please. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools