Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Once again message board GMs had no clue. Bennett is injured! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 24, 2013, 06:58:38 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/michael-bennett/injuries/672403?q=michael-bennett

He was listed with the shoulder injury for the last 2 months of the season. We knew about it.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 24, 2013, 07:04:08 PM

Did that torn rotator cuff also prevent them from signing a replacement?
I haven't seen a single person (that I can remember) really care bout the loss of Bennett the person/player, it's more to do with the loss of a pass rusher who happened to be our best and the total inactivity of the FO to do anything in regards to filling that hole.
I know, I know, we will be using one of the 27 picks we must have if the draft is going to fill all our holes.

They could have there eye set on Werner.  Assuming Revis is a Buc by then.  I could see Werner being there at #13.
The problem is are we picking at #13 once the Revis deal goes through, nobody knows this for sure?
It would be idiotic to leave all these openings on the roster and say we will fill them with (insert player) from the draft when we don't know even know what picks we will have left or who will still be on the board.

I hear ya, but I am assuming the team still has the #13 pick this year.  There are scenarios where the Bucs could get Revis and still have the #13, just sayin.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 24, 2013, 07:05:21 PM

I've been saying the guy was overrated for awhile now. This isn't going to help his career.

Damn smart move by dom, and I expect more smart moves at draft or towards it.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 24, 2013, 07:10:47 PM

Losing Bennett was never a big deal for me. Not picking up depth to replace him is what I have issue with.

Does this Front Office not learn from past mistakes. In 2010, Dominik failed to pursue a DE in FA. The Bucs finished 10-6 and just missed the playoffs. Maybe a stud DE helps win that one extra game that year. I wake up Sunday to another article that Myron Lewis can be salvaged. C'mon already. This guy has been a bust from day one. This organization can't seriously think that he's better than what was out there on the Free Agent market recently.

Now Elvis Dumervil, a proven Veteran goes unnoticed and signs with the Ravens. Not 1 Cornerback has even been brought in for a visit. Not even a sniff. This defense isn't going to get better by signing 1 Safety and a back-up OLB.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 24, 2013, 07:21:41 PM

Losing Bennett was never a big deal for me. Not picking up depth to replace him is what I have issue with.

Does this Front Office not learn from past mistakes. In 2010, Dominik failed to pursue a DE in FA. The Bucs finished 10-6 and just missed the playoffs. Maybe a stud DE helps win that one extra game that year. I wake up Sunday to another article that Myron Lewis can be salvaged. C'mon already. This guy has been a bust from day one. This organization can't seriously think that he's better than what was out there on the Free Agent market recently.

Now Elvis Dumervil, a proven Veteran goes unnoticed and signs with the Ravens. Not 1 Cornerback has even been brought in for a visit. Not even a sniff. This defense isn't going to get better by signing 1 Safety and a back-up OLB.

For Elvis, it was the Broncs or Ravens, no one else. He wanted to play for a contender.  And I think Dom is all in on Revis, so lets see how it plays out.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 24, 2013, 07:33:50 PM

For Elvis, it was the Broncs or Ravens, no one else. He wanted to play for a contender.  And I think Dom is all in on Revis, so lets see how it plays out.

And while we wait for a deal that may never happen, the Bucs don't get any better. If this deal doesn't pan out then the Bucs actually get worse.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 24, 2013, 07:36:09 PM

And while we wait for a deal that may never happen, the Bucs don't get any better. If this deal doesn't pan out then the Bucs actually get worse.

Not really.  If Revis doesn't happen, then they draft Milliner and Rhodes.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 24, 2013, 07:38:36 PM

Don't stop there.... we still have to replace Bennett and Miller.

-------------------------------------------------------

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 24, 2013, 07:50:40 PM

Injury or no injury letting Bennett walk was stupid. Ok yeah Bowers MIGHT be a stud but oh yeah wait be hasn't played a full season yet and oh yeah there is this little thing called prison that be could be facing. For a team that sucks in terms of sacks and passing yards against to let your best DE (numbers don't lie) leave and think DTN is gonna step up is laughable. To ignore EVERY free agent CB is inexcusable. Dominik is not a genius he is cheap and he does what the Glazers want.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 24, 2013, 07:54:18 PM

Lol, the message board GMs say "so what?"  Shocking.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 24, 2013, 07:55:55 PM

Don't stop there.... we still have to replace Bennett and Miller.

If no Revis, we will have plenty of draft picks.  We could have all the 2013 draft picks,  even if we do get Revis. we will have to see how it all shakes out.  I would think the Revis situation has to be determined before the draft though.  No later.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 24, 2013, 07:57:49 PM

Injury or no injury letting Bennett walk was stupid. Ok yeah Bowers MIGHT be a stud but oh yeah wait be hasn't played a full season yet and oh yeah there is this little thing called prison that be could be facing. For a team that sucks in terms of sacks and passing yards against to let your best DE (numbers don't lie) leave and think DTN is gonna step up is laughable. To ignore EVERY free agent CB is inexcusable. Dominik is not a genius he is cheap and he does what the Glazers want.

Goldson got huge money, just sayin.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 24, 2013, 07:58:18 PM

There was only one way to prevent him from becoming a free agent.... and that's to tag him. Would you be an advocate for such a move?

-------------------------------------------------------

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 24, 2013, 08:03:33 PM

Goldson got huge money, just sayin.

Dom is cheap as in he doesn't get paid that much. Way to show good reading comprehension.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 24, 2013, 08:10:32 PM

It sounds like the Bucs knew of this injury even dating back to last season.   Bennett played through the injury and still had a solid season.

Looks that way.  Maybe a thread-title change involving foot/mouth is in order.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Once again message board GMs had no clue. Bennett is injured! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools