Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why I am confused. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#45 : March 25, 2013, 03:16:03 PM

I think the pursuit of Revis has frozen all other monetary commitments due to how much he'll command in salary plus the knowledge of future salaries that need to be done.

i think the Bucs would have a pretty good idea of what it would take to sign revis, so i would also think they know just about exactly how much more theyd have to play with.

I agree, and I think that's the issue. If they get Revis, they can't afford to make other moves but since Revis is the priority, they are in a holding pattern until that concludes.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#46 : March 25, 2013, 03:28:22 PM

I agree, and I think that's the issue. If they get Revis, they can't afford to make other moves but since Revis is the priority, they are in a holding pattern until that concludes.

although many on here would seem to think so, there is no way i believe that dominik&schiano would waste 27mil under the cap by missing out on revis.  i think they are pretty certain he will be a Buc.  also, it was posted today that the Bucs are 27mil under the cap today.  i guess that could all get tied up in revis, mike will, draft picks.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#47 : March 25, 2013, 03:29:55 PM

No need to be confused.  There are professionals in the front office that know more than you do.  They wouldn't ever make a mistake, so rest easy.

Failing basic logic again
Failing sarcasm detection again

Not really. Lol

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#48 : March 25, 2013, 03:34:37 PM

although many on here would seem to think so, there is no way i believe that dominik&schiano would waste 27mil under the cap by missing out on revis.  i think they are pretty certain he will be a Buc.  also, it was posted today that the Bucs are 27mil under the cap today.  i guess that could all get tied up in revis, mike will, draft picks.

In sticking with my theory, I think the Bucs have told Grimes that they want him if they can't get Revis and Grimes' camp attempted to force the Bucs' hand with a bluff, stating they'd have to act fast because Grimes had interest from Cleveland.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#49 : March 25, 2013, 04:35:13 PM

My wife likes garage sales because everything is really cheap. She doesn't realize that everything there is essentially garbage that the previous owner didn't want anymore and not worth the price no matter what it is.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#50 : March 25, 2013, 05:10:45 PM

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/20/17385541-picked-up-for-3-bucks-chinese-bowl-goes-for-22-million-at-auction?lite

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#51 : March 25, 2013, 06:53:03 PM

Larry Grant would be an interesting pickup.

I like what I've seen of his limited reps.

Turn the page.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#52 : March 25, 2013, 07:17:20 PM

Geez.  Another overreaction.  More impatience.  Calm down.  Relax.  Everything will be fine.

What exactly about my OP is an over reaction? I stated the facts as I see them to this point, and explained why I am confused. The end.

How am I being impatient? This isn't a thread screaming for us to sign every high priced big name out there in the first few days. This thread is about signing experienced vets to cheap deals in the third week of free agency so they can compete in camp and improve our depth.

Also, why do I need to calm down? Did I come off in my OP like I was enraged? If so, I apologize. I wasn't. I was simply stating the facts as I see them and explaining why I was confused.

If "Everything will be fine" then I am curious as to why you post here? These forums are here to discuss the Buccaneers. If your position is to follow blindly and question nothing because "everything will be fine".....then these forums don't seem like the right place for you. Just sayin.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#53 : March 25, 2013, 07:36:49 PM

I'm still confused why Jdub thinks EJ Manuel is good....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#54 : March 25, 2013, 07:50:42 PM

Virtually every internet expert says EJ is a top 3 QB in this draft. A few say he is #1. Maybe you can ask them to explain it.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#55 : March 25, 2013, 07:55:19 PM

Virtually every internet expert says EJ is a top 3 QB in this draft. A few say he is #1. Maybe you can ask them to explain it.

That is even more confusing.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#56 : March 25, 2013, 08:03:38 PM

I don't think anyone is claiming EJ is great....but he's the tallest midget in this draft. Personally I wouldn't use a 1st round pick on any QB in this draft. If I was desperate for one though, and they are all there in the 2nd round...I'm taking EJ.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#57 : March 25, 2013, 08:32:44 PM

I don't think anyone is claiming EJ is great....but he's the tallest midget in this draft. Personally I wouldn't use a 1st round pick on any QB in this draft. If I was desperate for one though, and they are all there in the 2nd round...I'm taking EJ.

How much did you watch of EJ in college? 

You must be accountable for your actions!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#58 : March 25, 2013, 08:45:29 PM

Let me offer a guess:  none.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#59 : March 25, 2013, 09:03:19 PM

A bunch of people have said EJ Manuel is a lot like Freeman. Since you're now against Free, why would u want Manuel JD?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why I am confused. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools