Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why I am confused. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

HolyBuc

Starter
#60 : March 25, 2013, 09:04:33 PM

I'm confused in the fact that EVERYONE including the Bucs FO and coaching staff knows this team needs CBs.  It's widely known we are trying to trade for an all-pro CB.  I have also read in the past how Dominik likes misdirection last years draft as a recent example not many thought Barron was an option for the Bucs. 

Now in this instance we not only look and are desperate for CB help, but in the past few days we have let be known:
1. Eric Wright is up for "trade" which means he won't be on this team.
2. It comes out the Bucs aren't in on Grimes the plan "B" to Revis.

I can't for the life of me wrap my head around why we want to be and appear to be so desperate for a CB. Not only for which it pertains to a trade reducing leverage but also for the draft.  Especially if Miami fails to land Grimes picking in front of us at #12 they will be certainly looking CB.

People can jump on Dominik and Schiano for a lot of things and rightfully so, but I don't think anyone can call them fools.  You don't get to where they are in life by being fools.  I just can't wrap my head around why they want to appear foolish on this matter.  I wonder if the 10 years Dominik and Idzik work together has something to do with it.  That doesn't answer what we are going to do in with the #2 CB.  So confused!!!!!!!!

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#61 : March 25, 2013, 09:04:54 PM

I've seen very little of Manuel, though more of him than some others. I think he sneaks into the first round.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#62 : March 25, 2013, 09:12:27 PM

I've seen very little of Manuel, though more of him than some others. I think he sneaks into the first round.

That would be the true definition of a reach...EJ drafted in the 1st

You must be accountable for your actions!

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#63 : March 25, 2013, 09:14:45 PM

I'm confused in the fact that EVERYONE including the Bucs FO and coaching staff knows this team needs CBs.  It's widely known we are trying to trade for an all-pro CB.  I have also read in the past how Dominik likes misdirection last years draft as a recent example not many thought Barron was an option for the Bucs. 

Now in this instance we not only look and are desperate for CB help, but in the past few days we have let be known:
1. Eric Wright is up for "trade" which means he won't be on this team.
2. It comes out the Bucs aren't in on Grimes the plan "B" to Revis.

I can't for the life of me wrap my head around why we want to be and appear to be so desperate for a CB. Not only for which it pertains to a trade reducing leverage but also for the draft.  Especially if Miami fails to land Grimes picking in front of us at #12 they will be certainly looking CB.

People can jump on Dominik and Schiano for a lot of things and rightfully so, but I don't think anyone can call them fools.  You don't get to where they are in life by being fools.  I just can't wrap my head around why they want to appear foolish on this matter.  I wonder if the 10 years Dominik and Idzik work together has something to do with it.  That doesn't answer what we are going to do in with the #2 CB.  So confused!!!!!!!!

Still lots of time to piece this puzzle together...draft, June 1st cuts, potential trades, additional pre June 1st  FA signings

You must be accountable for your actions!

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#64 : March 25, 2013, 09:15:57 PM

The new CBA encourages teams to reach for QBs. The position is too valuable and the investment is so little that if you fall in love with a guy's skill set or potential, you take him.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#65 : March 25, 2013, 09:16:48 PM

For that reason, if Buffalo really wants Ryan Nassib, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't wait until the second round and risk losing him.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#66 : March 25, 2013, 09:22:36 PM

For that reason, if Buffalo really wants Ryan Nassib, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't wait until the second round and risk losing him.

Remember how Slo' Mo' was a lock to be picked by the Bucs last season because of the ties with Ron Cooper?

I think Nassib is the ideal smokescreen for Buffalo that Claiborne was for the Bucs last year...

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#67 : March 25, 2013, 09:24:08 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if that was true about Nassib. I just mean, most things I read say that Buffalo will target him in round two. I think if they genuinely want him, it probably won't be worth the risk to wait.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#68 : March 25, 2013, 09:29:16 PM

Understood and agreed.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#69 : March 26, 2013, 07:22:42 AM

A bunch of people have said EJ Manuel is a lot like Freeman. Since you're now against Free, why would u want Manuel JD?

Freeman was a great prospect. I'd draft him again every time. Are we suppose to stay away from huge, athletic, strong armed QBs because Freeman has regressed into a dunce? I'm not going to be scared away from a certain type of QB prospect just because Freeman disappointed me. And for the record, EJ may be comparible to Freeman, but he isn't nearly as good of a prospect as Freeman was.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't think there is a single QB in this draft worthy of a 1st round pick. If we absolutely had to take a QB, I'd take EJ or Tyler Wilson, just not in the first round...and I wouldn't be overly excited about it. It's just not a good year for QBs. However, if I am forced to take one when I don't think any are very good....I'm going with EJ because he is big, athletic, has a strong arm, and has displayed good leadership. Chances are he will have problems making decisions quick enough to be good in the NFL, but I have the same concern for every QB in this draft, so I'll take the guy who can run around and extend plays.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#70 : March 26, 2013, 07:49:28 AM

Ryan Nassib is going to be a star in the NFL, I see no way we pass him up if we're really thinking about taking a QB in this years draft.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#71 : March 26, 2013, 08:04:48 AM

EJ because he is big, athletic, has a strong arm, and has displayed good leadership.

Good leadership ?? FSU lost just about every big game they were in under Manuel , lol

...and his bouts of inaccuracy are atrocious .  When he is off , he is scary off. For anyone who hates Josh Freman I'm not sure why you would entertain going after the poor man's Josh Freeman.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#72 : March 26, 2013, 08:24:30 AM

I'm not entertaining it for the Bucs. When did I say that? I don't expect us to draft any QB in this draft. I certainly hope we don't waste a draft pick on one. MAYBE if Tyler Wilson somehow fell to the 3rd round.....I'd think about it. But that is the only situation in which I can imagine using a draft pick on a QB from this draft.

Now if I'm a team like the Steelers or Broncos, and I can afford to sit a guy for several years and let him be coached up behind my current starter.....then I would consider taking EJ in the second round. Even then, there is probably someone else there in the 2nd round that I can't pass up to take a shot an average QB prospect.

Chances are some team like JAX or BUF will end up drafting EJ and he'll be thrown in way too early and he'll be horrible. He obviously isn't ready to be a starter in the NFL. I don't think anyone would argue that.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#73 : March 26, 2013, 08:25:31 AM

You had us picking him in your Mock.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#74 : March 26, 2013, 08:27:41 AM

You had us picking him in your Mock.

What mock? Was is from like June of 2012? lulz Yeah I also liked Logan Thomas back then. Things change.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why I am confused. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools