Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A current NFL player considering comming out gay within the next few months « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#75 : March 27, 2013, 07:59:36 AM

You go skinny dipping with chicks and don't get aroused? What's the point then?

Because I can separate normal fun, from a sexual situation.....

We may bang it out later, but uhhhh... It's definitely not impossible to control yourself.

Most women would get a good laugh at the loose cannon running around at half mast

Swimming in swim suits is "normal fun". When you get naked it becomes a sexual situation.

Also, being aroused doesn't necessarily mean you have a raging hard on. You guys jumped to that conclusion by yourself.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#76 : March 27, 2013, 08:01:19 AM

I guess when you rarely see any naked girls, its hard to not get aroused?

I highly doubt you are guessing.

I believe you too. Your the one who said its so hard not to. Youd be the expert so I must yeild to your expertise.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#77 : March 27, 2013, 08:25:44 AM

I love how the story changes with each post. You backpedal very well. If you have fluid hips and decent speed you should try out for CB.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#78 : March 27, 2013, 08:26:46 AM

I guess when you rarely see any naked girls, its hard to not get aroused?

I highly doubt you are guessing.

I believe you too. Your the one who said its so hard not to. Youd be the expert so I must yeild to your expertise.

I'm trying to play along Tat, really I am...but I don't really get the rules...or the point. Is this some awkward pissing contest? Maybe you and Ernie have just had different lives than me. I mean I am old and married now and the only naked woman I see is my wife, and we don't skinny dip.....but when I was young and I would occasionally find myself in a skinny dipping situation, everyone was usually drunk and it was always sexual and it usually ended with a hummer or at least a naked make out session. So when I hear skinny dipping, I think young, drunk, and horny. So that is the mindset I'm coming from.

Maybe you and Ernie go skinny dipping on the weekends with friends just because you like the feeling of sun on your ass Maybe it is completely platonic and you all share recipes while you float around naked...but that's not my recollection of what swimming naked with girls is all about. I guess we can just agree to be very different.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#79 : March 27, 2013, 11:12:32 AM

I don't care if the homophobic NFL players like it or not. Believe it or not, the NFL is not on an island. If they have a problem with it, they can give up the millions they are making and quit. You'd think tough guys would be able to tough it out, though.

On a side note, I'm very surprised that a gay player hasn't come out yet.
Think about it: instant celebrity, a hero in the gay community, millions writing books and doing talk shows, AND, the biggest one, A PLACE IN WORLD HISTORY. Think Rosa Parks.

Good point. He will undoubtedly probably go through hell during games from fans and probably get some backlash from some of the media. But he is going to be a star for being the first publicly gay football player wheather he can play or not. 

ErnieBuc

Rookie

#80 : March 27, 2013, 11:21:24 AM

The saddest, yet most hillarious part about the reaction to a player coming out, is that most of the negativity will come from people who still have an imaginary friend...

Champ29

Rookie

#81 : March 27, 2013, 11:24:54 AM

i dont think itll happen this year ...maybe next

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#82 : March 27, 2013, 12:17:57 PM

#1 Who really cares apart from homophobes that are drooling at the chance to rip the guy apart? What you/they/I do in our own homes is our business, it isn't news. Will them coming out help them catch a ball if they are a wideout or read a defense if they are a QB, no so why should I care. There are players that have killed people and we all moved on, sure the odd joke about Ray Lewis is still made but it's still become something of a nothing story, that's MURDER so again, who cares?

#2 I have the feeling this will be some no name 3rd string guy buried on a nothing team. People hear "active NFL player" and start thinking of stars when it's most likely going to be a guy like (and this is just a random name, not an insinuation) DE John Chick of the Jags. A guy who's talent level means he can easily get lost in the final roster cuts and make him an "ex NFL player" and thus this a none story in the same way Kwame Harris is.

#3 Imagine the circus that is going to come along with this, they will basically kill their teams hopes for that year because of your need to make your private life, which is not newsworthy, public. You only have to look at the distraction that is Tebow, "Oh Timmie ran in the rain, we MUST make this the lead story of the day!" A player coes out as gay and the world stops for that franchise, throw in the potential locker room issues with a bunch of macho guys where at least a few will have issues and you you have on field problems too.

#4 All this talk of it being history is completely overblown. Sure it's history in the sense that it's a first but did anyone care when Orlando Cruz came out, oh you don't know him, that kinda proves how "historic" athletes coming out really is.

"Coming out" or getting ahead of the story is an attention thing IMO, just live your life the way you want (within the limits of the law) and if it comes out it comes out you are in the same place you would be if you "came out" but don't make yourself a news story forsomething that IMO is not newsworthy..

Champ29

Rookie

#83 : March 27, 2013, 12:35:28 PM

probably will be brandon ayanbadejo

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#84 : March 27, 2013, 12:44:47 PM

Also, I constantly see people trying to treat the NFL like every other job or business. Trying to compare it to other professions and force it to conform to certain standards....but the truth is the NFL is a unique entity. It has it's own rules and it needs to continue to have it's own rules to survive. The NFL is a unique brotherhood of macho, ultra competitive, testosterone filled warriors and cave men that fight through sweat and blood and puke and fecal matter and broken bones and much more every Sunday, competing in a modern day gladiator game based on competition and violence. It simply isn't a place for guys to be openly gay, and if this mystery player decides to make his "big announcement" I'm quite sure he won't be welcomed into a single locker room across the league. That is simply the truth. If a gay man is not comfortable with that, then don't be part of the NFL organization. There has been many great gay players, but they aren't openly gay for a reason.

You must be unaware of the Gareth Thomas story. Educate yourself.

If somebody can a link to the entire Real Sports story on Thomas from 2012, please post it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#85 : March 27, 2013, 12:51:46 PM

And yes, it will be extremely newsworthy and will help a lot of people with their own situations if a known, active NFL, MLB, NHL or NBA admits that
he is gay. Once again, see the Gareth Thomas story and the lie he lived that almost brought him to suicide.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/showbiz-and-lifestyle/showbiz/2013/01/13/gareth-thomas-reveals-his-shame-at-hiding-the-fact-he-was-gay-91466-32589025/

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#86 : March 27, 2013, 12:57:49 PM

Also, I constantly see people trying to treat the NFL like every other job or business. Trying to compare it to other professions and force it to conform to certain standards....but the truth is the NFL is a unique entity. It has it's own rules and it needs to continue to have it's own rules to survive. The NFL is a unique brotherhood of macho, ultra competitive, testosterone filled warriors and cave men that fight through sweat and blood and puke and fecal matter and broken bones and much more every Sunday, competing in a modern day gladiator game based on competition and violence. It simply isn't a place for guys to be openly gay, and if this mystery player decides to make his "big announcement" I'm quite sure he won't be welcomed into a single locker room across the league. That is simply the truth. If a gay man is not comfortable with that, then don't be part of the NFL organization. There has been many great gay players, but they aren't openly gay for a reason.

You must be unaware of the Gareth Thomas story. Educate yourself.

If somebody can a link to the entire Real Sports story on Thomas from 2012, please post it.

I'm not saying it's right Joe. I'm saying it's reality. Someday things might be different, but they aren't today. Like I said earlier, it's going to have to start at the high school level and a new culture will need to work it's way up through college and eventually into the NFL. The current culture just isn't going to allow openly gay players in the locker room. If it was acceptable, the the hundreds of gay NFL players currently playing would be openly gay.

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#87 : March 27, 2013, 12:59:40 PM

You go skinny dipping with chicks and don't get aroused? What's the point then?

Because I can separate normal fun, from a sexual situation.....

We may bang it out later, but uhhhh... It's definitely not impossible to control yourself.

Most women would get a good laugh at the loose cannon running around at half mast

Also, being aroused doesn't necessarily mean you have a raging hard on. You guys jumped to that conclusion by yourself.

If you don't that the guy is aroused, then what is the problem now?

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#88 : March 27, 2013, 01:01:17 PM

#1 Who really cares apart from homophobes that are drooling at the chance to rip the guy apart? What you/they/I do in our own homes is our business, it isn't news. Will them coming out help them catch a ball if they are a wideout or read a defense if they are a QB, no so why should I care. There are players that have killed people and we all moved on, sure the odd joke about Ray Lewis is still made but it's still become something of a nothing story, that's MURDER so again, who cares?

#2 I have the feeling this will be some no name 3rd string guy buried on a nothing team. People hear "active NFL player" and start thinking of stars when it's most likely going to be a guy like (and this is just a random name, not an insinuation) DE John Chick of the Jags. A guy who's talent level means he can easily get lost in the final roster cuts and make him an "ex NFL player" and thus this a none story in the same way Kwame Harris is.

#3 Imagine the circus that is going to come along with this, they will basically kill their teams hopes for that year because of your need to make your private life, which is not newsworthy, public. You only have to look at the distraction that is Tebow, "Oh Timmie ran in the rain, we MUST make this the lead story of the day!" A player coes out as gay and the world stops for that franchise, throw in the potential locker room issues with a bunch of macho guys where at least a few will have issues and you you have on field problems too.

#4 All this talk of it being history is completely overblown. Sure it's history in the sense that it's a first but did anyone care when Orlando Cruz came out, oh you don't know him, that kinda proves how "historic" athletes coming out really is.

"Coming out" or getting ahead of the story is an attention thing IMO, just live your life the way you want (within the limits of the law) and if it comes out it comes out you are in the same place you would be if you "came out" but don't make yourself a news story forsomething that IMO is not newsworthy..

IMO, this is bigger than football. I'd be proud if one of our guys came out.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#89 : March 27, 2013, 01:05:08 PM

And yes, it will be extremely newsworthy and will help a lot of people with their own situations if a known, active NFL, MLB, NHL or NBA admits that
he is gay. Once again, see the Gareth Thomas story and the lie he lived that almost brought him to suicide.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/showbiz-and-lifestyle/showbiz/2013/01/13/gareth-thomas-reveals-his-shame-at-hiding-the-fact-he-was-gay-91466-32589025/
Gareth Thomas is an awful example, sure he came out and it created a slight news event but it was hardly earth shattering news, to this day more people will know the guy from being on a reality show or just being very good rugby player than being the rugby player that came out.
If it was such a huge thing and he was so influential as the placement at the top of the "pink list" of most influential gays in the UK why is it that it hasn't translated into more players coming out or crossed into other sports like the NFL andhelped the situation their.
He was a semi famous sports star that got a little bit of extra attention for being the first and then went back to being just semi famous again.
Why is it that such an influential and historic event as a world class athlete in a sport as rough & macho as rugby coming out hasn't helped do away with reactions like Teos when he basically said "call me a liar, call me stupid BUT don't you dare call me gay."
Thomas outed himself and he was the first but in terms of big picture nothing changed, he's still the dancing Rugby player and other tough guys in sport still act like homophobes, hardly groundbreaking stuff.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A current NFL player considering comming out gay within the next few months « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools