Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A current NFL player considering comming out gay within the next few months « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 26, 2013, 03:11:16 AM

Lol, now josh is gay? The haters go to great legnths to fabricate anything to fuel their hate.

Josh isnt gay, sorry guys.

I do love the ignorant, gay bashing homophobes who are so disgusted by it that they fail to realize its just a defence to their own deeply seeded homosexuality.

Then you have the token tard that somehow links some of the scum of the earth (pedophiles) to gay people. It appears his ignorance knows no bounds on top of being an antention whoring troll. If you honestly believe that go team up with bucsguru in the cove and the two of you can relate all thats evil in the world back to gays. Maybe even get onetruth to join by declaring the illuminati created a gay gene by having reptilians inject random people with it.

The media needs anything they can latch onto for ratings. Thats all they see out of this. The pollitical aspect has very little to do with anything they could report about someone being gay. They just see dollar signs as their ratings go up. Then throw in all the religious whack jobs like guru, and youll have churchies lined up outside of stadiums with pitchforcks and burning jerseys.

How could the media not be in love with the idea of a major athlete coming out. Its really sad how uncivilized the human race is despite its alleged advances.
: March 26, 2013, 09:44:58 AM 3rd String Kicker

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 26, 2013, 03:50:39 AM

I bet it's tebow.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 26, 2013, 08:16:23 AM

I personally don't care if a guy is gay or not. Don't care. Don't really need to know. Don't really want to know. It doesn't have any effect on my life or the way I will interact with someone. I mean, I don't think it should be hidden, but at the same time....I don't think people need to make a public announcement that they prefer having sexual relations with the same sex as opposed to the the opposite sex. I feel like.....so what? Sit the **CENSORED** down because you are not that important and nobody cares. Just go date who you want and live your life. If someone sees you and is like "you're gay?" then you can give you big coming out speech to that person because they are interested. Nobody else is.

Also, I constantly see people trying to treat the NFL like every other job or business. Trying to compare it to other professions and force it to conform to certain standards....but the truth is the NFL is a unique entity. It has it's own rules and it needs to continue to have it's own rules to survive. The NFL is a unique brotherhood of macho, ultra competitive, testosterone filled warriors and cave men that fight through sweat and blood and puke and fecal matter and broken bones and much more every Sunday, competing in a modern day gladiator game based on competition and violence. It simply isn't a place for guys to be openly gay, and if this mystery player decides to make his "big announcement" I'm quite sure he won't be welcomed into a single locker room across the league. That is simply the truth. If a gay man is not comfortable with that, then don't be part of the NFL organization. There has been many great gay players, but they aren't openly gay for a reason.

Doesn't really matter anyways. The writing is on the wall. The NFL can not survive in this politically correct world we live in today. The leagues' day are numbered. In 10 years when it has become flag football and nobody watches it anymore, I'm sure the culture will have changed enough that the players can be openly gay. So there's that.

danlowe748

Starter

#33 : March 26, 2013, 09:40:12 AM

I found it interesting when Scot Brantley was on the radio and his co host mentioned that he thought there were probably at least a couple of gays in every NFL locker room but you just don't hear about it.     Then Scot says "You're crazy!   There ain't never been no gays in any locker room I've ever been in!"    Brantley's reaction was pretty intense.   I'm certain that he would not have wanted to play on a team with a gay teammate.

Word has it Brantley thought Eric Hipple may have been gay and Brantley showed him what he thought about that.  (just kidding for effect of course)

spartan

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 26, 2013, 09:45:36 AM

Wonder what would happen if a player politely and genuinely stated that he felt "uncomfortable" sharing the showers with a gay player. After all, when women are included in previously male dominated activities they are likewise accommodated with separate facilities are they not?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 26, 2013, 10:15:14 AM

It's not acceptable by society for men and women to shower together at work because they are naked and sexual attracted to each other....but it's perfectly ok for a man that is sexual attracted to other men to shower with men? Seems odd to me. And what is even stranger is that if a straight player says he doesn't want a gay player in the locker room...then he is being homophobic and isn't comfortable with his sexuality? Please. I am a man and I know what perverted animals we are. There is no way I'd be comfortable sharing a locker room/shower with openly gay men. I suppose that makes me a bad guy.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 26, 2013, 11:18:07 AM

I think it's funny that people have an issue with gays "coming out" but have no problem with straight people "coming out". If I say, "I'd love to **CENSORED** Beyonce in the ass," then I might be seen as vulgar, but just some guy being a guy. If a gay guy says, "I'd love to **CENSORED** TCHA in the ass," he's seen as some horrible pervert who is being gay simply for attention and he's forcing his sexuality on everyone else.

If Tom Brady is photographed holding hands with Giselle, it's a man and his wife spending time together. It's sweet and nice, though maybe annoying that some paparazzi have nothing better to do than bother him. If a gay player is photographed holding hands with another man it's taken completely differently. He'd probably be told to "Keep it in the bedroom" and I'm sure straight people would say things like "Why does he need to give us intimate details of his life? I'm straight and I'd never do something like that."

I wonder if any gay people would comment on the Tom Brady/Giselle picture and say "Why does he need to give us intimate details of his life? I'm gay and I'd never do something like that."

Ju1ce

Starter

#37 : March 26, 2013, 11:22:11 AM

+10

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#38 : March 26, 2013, 11:42:10 AM

I wonder why Tebow is deciding to come out now.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 26, 2013, 11:56:02 AM

My favorite comment from the PFT story on this was: "Please be Tebow, Please be Tebow, Please be Tebow." I lol'd

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 26, 2013, 01:11:16 PM

My favorite comment from the PFT story on this was: "Please be Tebow, Please be Tebow, Please be Tebow." I lol'd

If that happens, I'd be all for the un-banning of Java (for comical reasons of course)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 26, 2013, 01:54:24 PM

Thread still going.  Any bans?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 26, 2013, 02:12:54 PM

lmao @ 'comming out gay'

Cumming or coming?

Which is it....

;)

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 26, 2013, 02:28:51 PM

Maybe gay guys think I'm gross for pulverizing the tang? Idk.. See, easy.

Lol....nice!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 26, 2013, 03:04:41 PM

I found "pulverizing the tang" quite amusing myself. LOL
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A current NFL player considering comming out gay within the next few months « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools