Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brent Grimes no longer a possibility for Buccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1

kylel6901

Second String

: March 25, 2013, 04:19:37 PM

As arguably the top cornerback remaining on the free-agent market, Brent Grimes appeared to be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' fallback plan in case their Darrelle Revis trade talks failed to bear fruit.

Citing someone with knowledge of the situation, Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times reports Grimes is no longer on the Bucs' radar.

This doesn't mean the Bucs are closing on a Revis trade. It could just be that Grimes has priced himself out of the team's range.

The Cleveland Browns reportedly have an offer for a multi-year deal on the table, and the Palm Beach Post confirms the Miami Dolphins are still in the mix for Grimes.

Losing out on Grimes shouldn't have a major impact on the balance of power in trade talks with the New York Jets. To this point, the Bucs have been the only legitimate suitor for Revis.

Figured this was some big news consdiering other than Revis, Grimes name was popping up the most among people on here to sign.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000153342/article/report-brent-grimes-no-longer-a-possibility-for-buccaneers

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 25, 2013, 04:20:41 PM

Double smoke screen

You must be accountable for your actions!

Madman

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 25, 2013, 04:21:32 PM

Great. Did the Bucs just want the Jets to know there is one less CB option for them today?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 25, 2013, 04:25:43 PM

30 year old corner coming off an Achilles injury, here's all the money!!!!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

PewterBlitz

Starter

#4 : March 25, 2013, 04:28:58 PM

I wanted him to come here but later thought the same as BucNY, he's 30 and coming off the worst type of injury. Specially since he's undersized and relied strictly on his jump to stay competitive. This would be a terrible signing, I would rather have the money tied in someone more worth it.

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#5 : March 25, 2013, 04:34:29 PM

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1303686.1710.html

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 25, 2013, 04:37:49 PM

I think we just got yelled at

You must be accountable for your actions!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 25, 2013, 08:43:51 PM

You are lucky he didn't punch you.

Sign Winfield. He can be scrappy for this upcoming season.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 25, 2013, 08:57:50 PM

I wanted him to come here but later thought the same as BucNY, he's 30 and coming off the worst type of injury. Specially since he's undersized and relied strictly on his jump to stay competitive. This would be a terrible signing, I would rather have the money tied in someone more worth it.

This  ^^

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 26, 2013, 03:36:22 AM

This is wha makes me laugh at all the people saying no to revis and then turn around and say sign grimes. Grimes is older, not as good, commands good money (not revis money), and also has a knee injury.

I guess being an older, not as good athlete makes sense because you save a few million and keep a draft pick?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 26, 2013, 03:48:52 AM

This is wha makes me laugh at all the people saying no to revis and then turn around and say sign grimes. Grimes is older, not as good, commands good money (not revis money), and also has a knee injury.

I guess being an older, not as good athlete makes sense because you save a few million and keep a draft pick?

Not too many people in here actually reach for anything with merit.

Funny thing is, they wonder why we're mediocre and have a ton of capspace yearly.

danlowe748

Starter

#11 : March 26, 2013, 09:42:39 AM

Who cares about Grimes when we can have Revis?

Madman

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 26, 2013, 12:05:10 PM

Here's an ideal plan imo:

Trade for Revis and sign Winfield.

Add a rookie CB in round 2 or 3. Let LJ, Gaitor and Gorrer fight it out for the nickel and remaining spots. Cut Myron.

Get 'er done Dom!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 26, 2013, 12:15:59 PM

Who cares about Grimes when we can have Revis?

Can we have Revis?

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#14 : March 26, 2013, 01:39:30 PM

You are lucky he didn't punch you.

Sign Winfield. He can be scrappy for this upcoming season.

Hell, why not DeAnglo Hall at this point? Hes a decent player. Hes not ancient like Winfield either.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brent Grimes no longer a possibility for Buccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools