Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucball1

Rookie

: March 25, 2013, 07:39:22 PM

After watching the interview with Barbar it's clear Freeman is not the guy. In so many words he was saying that the team has been held back because of his play. The same with Revis we are not a player away from doing anything. So do not mortgage your future by overpayin one player with the money an draft picks. Its a dangerous game Mark is playing with his job. But l could see the buccaneers getting a qb because Freeman isn't his guy period.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 25, 2013, 07:41:44 PM

Interestingly enough, I watched it and got the exact opposite impression about Freeman who clearly has to show consistently AND if Ronde thinks Revis would be a great fit-thats good enough for me.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

pljlsplltt

Second String

#2 : March 25, 2013, 07:42:08 PM

I don't know how to got that about Freeman...he pretty much said this is a prove it year for Freeman. That at times he showed he can be a great QB in the league, and at other times he doesn't even deserve to be in this league. They may take a QB in later rounds for a project ( I'm a fan of Zac Dysert from Miami Oh), but this is Freemans team this year, and he has to go out and prove himself to the coaching staff and his teammates that he can handle being the guy.

pljlsplltt

Second String

#3 : March 25, 2013, 07:44:40 PM

As far as Revis goes, if Freeman plays up to his potential, and with the addition with Goldson and Revis, I could easily see this team making a deep run into the playoffs. We can easily have a top 10 maybe even top 5 offense, again as long as Freeman plays like we know he's capable of, and with those two additions we can have atleast a top 15 pass D, and in todays NFL thats good enough for a deep playoff run. But again it all lands on Freemans shoulder.

danlowe748

Starter

#4 : March 25, 2013, 07:48:34 PM

I've given up on Freeman.    I gave up on him before the season last year too for that matter.    It's a crying shame they didn't pick a QB last year with all the talent that came out in that draft.   

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#5 : March 25, 2013, 07:50:15 PM

who is Josh Freeman?

never heard of him. Not on this board, at least

pljlsplltt

Second String

#6 : March 25, 2013, 08:11:34 PM

If anyone can help Freeman figure it out its Mike Sullivan. Eli's career started the same way as Freemans and with Sullivans help he went on to be a Superbowl MVP. I'm hoping with a full offseason with Sullivans tutelage and getting a better understanding of the playbook he will flourish and put together a full 16 game season like he played during that 5 game stretch. Don't forget we had the number 1 offense during that stretch, so he's capable of doing it, just got to put it all together.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 25, 2013, 08:28:45 PM

If anyone can help Freeman figure it out its Mike Sullivan. Eli's career started the same way as Freemans and with Sullivans help he went on to be a Superbowl MVP. I'm hoping with a full offseason with Sullivans tutelage and getting a better understanding of the playbook he will flourish and put together a full 16 game season like he played during that 5 game stretch. Don't forget we had the number 1 offense during that stretch, so he's capable of doing it, just got to put it all together.

5 games?  Come on.  Freeman is too inconsistent.  Been the same for four years...probably even longer going back to college.  I will give him this last season.  After that, time to move on.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 25, 2013, 08:39:05 PM

I've given up on Freeman.    I gave up on him before the season last year too for that matter.    It's a crying shame they didn't pick a QB last year with all the talent that came out in that draft.   

Who and when?

You must be accountable for your actions!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 25, 2013, 08:40:01 PM

If anyone can help Freeman figure it out its Mike Sullivan.

Then I guess it's unfortunate that Sullivan isn't his QB coach

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 25, 2013, 08:42:00 PM

5 games?  Come on.  Freeman is too inconsistent.  Been the same for four years...probably even longer going back to college.  I will give him this last season.  After that, time to move on.

Or sign him to a long term lucrative contract...  ;)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

pljlsplltt

Second String

#11 : March 25, 2013, 08:49:15 PM

If anyone can help Freeman figure it out its Mike Sullivan.

Then I guess it's unfortunate that Sullivan isn't his QB coach

What do you think, just because he's the OC he doesn't even coach Freeman, that hes not in there hands on with him trying to help him out. I'm with everyone else, he has to prove it this year and put it all together, but I'm on the positive side thinking he puts it together this year and we will all be pleasantly surprised. The kid has had 3 OC's in his 5 years in the league, some of which was dink and dunk Greg Olsen. He will either become really good QB and prove himself to be the QB of the future, or he will go down the same road as Jason Campbell, who also was getting a new OC every year and trying to learn a new offense.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 25, 2013, 08:50:18 PM

Or sign him to a long term lucrative contract...  ;)

That is implied.  If he has a 25/10 year and we make the playoffs.  Yes.  If not, we let him walk for nothing.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 25, 2013, 08:52:15 PM

After watching the interview with Barbar it's clear Freeman is not the guy. In so many words he was saying that the team has been held back because of his play.

how did you take that from that interview?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 25, 2013, 08:52:33 PM

Agreed.  I think the 25/10 is a good benchmark.   

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools