Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why i'm not overly concerned yet « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 26, 2013, 12:36:45 PM

Nice work JBL. I do think there will be a lot more changes as we go. kepp posting.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 26, 2013, 01:07:57 PM

Why your not concerned? Maybe because you're not a knee jerk reaction, 20/20 hindsight, armchair QB like many many of these idiot posters on this board. They either turn you into one of them or you go the complete opposite and want us to not sign anyone. I feel like i've been arguing more about why we shouldn't sign people than why we should. All I know is I want Rhodes at CB next year, and I want Revis more or less depending on the day.

Nice breakdown though, I feel good about our team this year.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 26, 2013, 01:15:28 PM

Why your not concerned? Maybe because you're not a knee jerk reaction, 20/20 hindsight, armchair QB like many many of these idiot posters on this board. They either turn you into one of them or you go the complete opposite and want us to not sign anyone. I feel like i've been arguing more about why we shouldn't sign people than why we should. All I know is I want Rhodes at CB next year, and I want Revis more or less depending on the day.

Nice breakdown though, I feel good about our team this year.

My dream scenario for the cornerback position this offseason would be rhodes and revis

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 26, 2013, 02:24:38 PM

Sad thing about the Bucs and this thread is that the Falcons and Saints continue to add and get better. The Bucs are awaiting the arrival of the almighty Revis and adding minor players outside of Goldson.

I sure wish we had Ossie Newsome as our GM. By the Ravens not signing Kruger long term the Ravens were able to turn the money Kruger got from the Browns into Dumervil, Spencer, Canty and Huff (probable).

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 26, 2013, 02:38:42 PM

Sad thing about the Bucs and this thread is that the Falcons and Saints continue to add and get better. The Bucs are awaiting the arrival of the almighty Revis and adding minor players outside of Goldson.

I sure wish we had Ossie Newsome as our GM. By the Ravens not signing Kruger long term the Ravens were able to turn the money Kruger got from the Browns into Dumervil, Spencer, Canty and Huff (probable).

You think the Saints got better this offseason? Hahaha, you crazy man.

The Saints added old players with minimal to nothing left in the tank and the Falcons have always done that. They have QBs which make up for a lot of bad signings. They can keep the old guys, I'll take the younger ones with their best days ahead.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 26, 2013, 03:13:54 PM

by not signing kruger, ray lewis, ed reed, and anquan boldin, right?

dumervil alone might even be making more than kruger next season.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 26, 2013, 03:28:57 PM

The team finished 7-9...outside of the safety position, what has been upgraded this off-season?

it looks to me like DT, DE and CB are the only positions that need serious attention...and there is still plenty of time and ways to do so.

....did you even read the post?

Sorry man...I'm at work so I admit to skimming. Still not sure how one is so comfy with the situation but hey...do you.

I think the whole factor of now having more experience in the system is unbelievably underrated. I have seen a good number of coaches speak at clinics, and nearly all of them talk about how having consistency and teams continuity is as strong an indicator for success as any. This is not just because of the X's and O's, but also because of the way individual position coaches teach technique and skill. Another year with almost all the same coaches will make this team significantly better imo, not even taking into account some roster changes.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#22 : March 26, 2013, 04:16:23 PM

Great post and good read big_JLB!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 26, 2013, 04:30:41 PM

You think the Saints got better this offseason? Hahaha, you crazy man.

The Saints added old players with minimal to nothing left in the tank and the Falcons have always done that. They have QBs which make up for a lot of bad signings. They can keep the old guys, I'll take the younger ones with their best days ahead.

Sad thing is, their best days will be spent on some other team, so that logic doesn't hold up.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 26, 2013, 05:00:42 PM

Good to see that some others haven't stood on top of the panic button.
Thanks for the perspective, JLB.

I'm convinced that the roster will look significantly different than it does when the team hits TC.

Sure, there are still holes in assorted places but the other thing that many aren't considering is that several players will be returning from long-term injuries.
Having those players back is like adding new players as well.

I really believe that the Bucs would not have been 7-9 if they had their full roster intact for a longer period of time.
Injuries are part of the game and we learned big lessons about the lack of depth on this team but there's no denying that Tampa Bay took a pounding with injuries and suspensions last season.
That has to be considered as part of the equation in the final analysis of where the team was and where they will be.

Again, the team needs players added but needs to do so responsibly.
There's room for all kinds of opinions regarding the approach the Bucs have taken.  The millions of keystrokes thus far can prove that.

IMO, the team is building a solid core of players that will continue to compete with the goal of being an annual playoff participant being reached in the very near future.
I did not expect a playoff berth going into this year.  I will say that my 2013 expectations are different.

It's time to take the next step forward.

Turn the page.

blackfoot

Second String
#25 : March 26, 2013, 06:24:38 PM

Great post. I think we get some good buys in the late FA market. The players cut for cap room, good draft and Revis without giving up our 13 and we are more than fine.

big_JLB

Starter

#26 : March 28, 2013, 09:36:31 AM

campbell signed in cleveland. thought he could have been a real decent backup, oh well...signs are pointing to maybe taking a QB

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 28, 2013, 05:52:06 PM

campbell signed in cleveland. thought he could have been a real decent backup, oh well...signs are pointing to maybe taking a QB

but losing a DT also means.......and.....but losing a DE....bu-but...there's no backup RB.....an-an-and wha-what about slot receiver....an-an-and strongside LB....

Me tired.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why i'm not overly concerned yet « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools