Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 NFL Draft..... 10 Future Pro Bowlers « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: March 27, 2013, 12:24:00 AM

2013 NFL Draft: 10 Future Pro Bowlers

By Michael Quinn

March 26, 2013 10:18 am

A lot has been said about the 2013 NFL Draft Class.

From there not being any sufficient quarterback talent worthy of a first-round pick, to a defensive class that looks superior compared to recent years.

The first-round should be especially exciting considering the amount of pressure that will be placed on each selection. Few players lack the confidence it takes to become elite,  but not every player has the will to become great.

Last year we saw a slew of rookies step up to help their teams reach the post-season, as well as earn a trip for themselves to the Pro Bowl.

What athletes will come out of this year's draft and begin a career of greatness?

10. Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
1 of 10

Xavier Rhodes is the second rated cornerback behind Alabama's Dee Milliner, but that doesn't mean he lacks the skill to be a top 10 pick.

Rhodes (6-2, 210 lbs) has rare body frame, and matches up well with big receivers, something that has proven crucial in recent years.

He is arguably the most physical corner in this draft, and possesses great strength in pass defense as well against the run.

9. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
2 of 10

This years draft will yield some of the greatest lineman in recent years, and some argue Warmack will be leading the way.

Warmack (6-3, 320 lbs) is the guy who blocked for Mark Ingram and helped him earn the Heisman trophy. He also had a stellar junior year when blocking for Trent Richardson.

He is superior against the pass, and should be a 10-year starter where ever he lands.

8. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
3 of 10

Patterson has great size (6'3"-205 lbs) and athleticism. He isn't the best route-runner in the business, but after he has the ball in his hands, his skill is unmatched.

His biggest strength is easily his YAC (yards after catch). He is able to turn a five yard quick pass into a 90 yard-long touchdown in a moments notice.

Expect Patterson to have a great career as a No.1 receiver wherever he lands.

7. Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
4 of 10

Ezekiel Ansah (6'5", 274 lbs) was under the radar to say the least headed into the offseason last year.

After an insane week at the Senior Bowl, Ansah not only became an athlete who was "on the radar" but a player who will surely be not only be a first-round pick, but could go as high as the top 10.

He possesses elite speed (4.63 40-yd dash) for a defensive end at his size. He has lined up all across the line in his football career, and if there is one player who has a "non-stop motor" in this draft, it's Ansah.

6. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
5 of 10

Lotulelei (6'3", 311 lbs) is one of the strongest players coming into the draft. He is terrific run defender, and is the epitome of a "space-eater".

He totaled 42 tackles, 10 tackles for a loss, five sacks, three forced fumbles and four passes broken up in 2012.

He is a very flexible player, who can shine in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense.

Scouts have taken a keen interest to his sense of "maturity" and character.

Expect Lotulelei to be drafted in the top 15, and keep running backs at a hault for years to come.

5. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
6 of 10

Fisher (6'7", 304 lbs) is light for an NFL tackle, but he has the strength of a seasoned vet. He is exceptionally light on his feet, and has length to make up for the weight issue.

Unfortunately, he comes with risk. Fisher has been known to have "inconsistent hand placement", something that could haunt an offensive lineman.

His weight shouldn't be an issue by opening day, as long as he keeps packin' on the pounds.

4. Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
7 of 10

Floyd (6'3", 303 lbs) is the No.1 rated defensive tackle coming into the draft, and for good reason.

Floyd never takes a play off, and his strength was unmatched as a collegiate player.

He has great balance, and his initial burst off of the line is second to none.

Floyd could go as high as No.1, but don't expect him to fall out of the top 5.

Wherever he lands, expect Floyd to have one helluva career.

3. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
8 of 10

Milliner (6'1", 198 lbs) is the No.1 rated cornerback going into this years draft, and trust me, he deserves it.

Once he was through with his senior year, it was clear Milliner would be the No.1 rated CB. After his amazing combine performance though, people were really starting to realize just how talented the Alabama stud is.

He is the ideal size for an NFL cornerback, and could start from day 1 as either a No.1 or No.2 cornerback, depending whose already on the roster.

Unlike every CB in this years draft, Milliner has no schematic limitations. He can excel in both zone and man coverage.

Despite coming into the 2013 offseason with a torn labrum (will have surgery before draft), expect Milliner to have an epic NFL career.

2. Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
9 of 10

Luke Joeckel is the No.1 rated offensive tackle, and there is a strong chance he could be the number one pick in this years draft.

Clearly an NFL ready player, Joeckel (6'6",306 lbs) is arguably one of the most athletic tackles in the draft.

He is amazing at shutting down pass rushers for the whole game, and is hands down the best pass-protector out of this years crop.

He is durable, and looks to have a long and successful career. Expect Joeckel to become a house-hold name wherever he lands.

1. Dion Jordan, OLB/DE, Oregon
10 of 10

There are a lot of talented defenders in this years draft, but none better than Oregon's Dion Jordan.

The guy is a freak.

standing at 6'6" and weighing 248 lbs, Jordan is the most versatile rookie OLB the NFL has seen in awhile.

During his time at Oregon, Jordan recorded 121 tackles, 14.5 sacks, and 29 tackles for loss.

Gaining weight has not been an issue for Jordan, so as long as he can continue putting on weight, expect Jordan to have multiple Pro Bowl bids in his career

http://www.footballnation.com/content/2013-nfl-draft-10-future-pro-bowlers/21969/

PewterBlitz

Starter

#1 : March 27, 2013, 12:37:44 AM

Dion Jordan is the best defender this year? No

McCoy93

Starter

#2 : March 27, 2013, 12:46:02 AM

Chance Warmack has the chance to be the best at his position in a couple  of years. I think he is that good

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 27, 2013, 09:11:54 AM

dont see it with ezekial ansah. hes a horrible reach early i the 1st. hes one of my most likely to bust players

warmack i can definately see as a pro bowler. same with joeckel. the rest are all decent possibilities

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 27, 2013, 09:10:07 PM

dont see it with ezekial ansah. hes a horrible reach early i the 1st. hes one of my most likely to bust players

warmack i can definately see as a pro bowler. same with joeckel. the rest are all decent possibilities

If Ziggy is such a big reach, you would have to say Tavon is also.  [in the 1sr round]

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 27, 2013, 10:12:19 PM

i dont think ansah is worth a 1st round pick at all. im a big production and experience guy. ansah didnt start until about 4 games into this season and had 4 sacks and hes a first rounder? yeah i dont think so

tavon austin at least has really good production to back up his physical skills.i dont think hes worth a pick at 13 but hes a first round talent in the percy harvin mold

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 27, 2013, 10:21:24 PM

i dont think ansah is worth a 1st round pick at all. im a big production and experience guy. ansah didnt start until about 4 games into this season and had 4 sacks and hes a first rounder? yeah i dont think so

tavon austin at least has really good production to back up his physical skills.i dont think hes worth a pick at 13 but hes a first round talent in the percy harvin mold

Ziggy will be drafted on "potential". 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 28, 2013, 08:41:19 AM

exactly and i wouldnt take the chance. "potential" guys should not be taken in the top 10, more like early 20s. the top 10 is for established, sure thing impact players. if he goes top 10 and never produces more than 6 sacks a season hes going to be viewed as a bust and rightly so

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 28, 2013, 08:57:32 AM

Don't think Rhodes will ever live up to his hype. Just doesn't have good enough hips and feet imo

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 28, 2013, 09:18:13 AM

he might end up being a really good free safety though if he doesnt pan out at corner.  at least hes got the size to be versatile

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 28, 2013, 09:43:58 PM

exactly and i wouldnt take the chance. "potential" guys should not be taken in the top 10, more like early 20s. the top 10 is for established, sure thing impact players. if he goes top 10 and never produces more than 6 sacks a season hes going to be viewed as a bust and rightly so

Agree.  And I would extend it a bit.  Your first round pick should be a home run.  I know it doesn't always pan out that way.  But if you draft a guy in round one, he shouldn't have any red flags.  If he does, get him in the second or later.  Some GM's love to roll the dice, but I don't think the Bucs are in a position to roll the dice on ANY draft pick right now.

Let the great teams like the Patriots or Niners or whoever, take a chance on a guy.  Bucs need 8 really solid picks.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 28, 2013, 09:47:40 PM

Ansah has bust potential  , but he also has Jason Pierre-Paul potential.

Question is  : Do you feel lucky ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 28, 2013, 09:49:49 PM

Not if I am the Bucs.  I think Werner might fall to us.  Much safer pick.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 28, 2013, 09:55:46 PM

Dion Jordan is the best defender this year? No

Still don't get all the Dion Jordan love. Guy has huge bust flags, mediocre production, almost a pure speed rusher, and some health questions. Top 5 pick too, I guess.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 28, 2013, 09:58:22 PM

Not if I am the Bucs.  I think Werner might fall to us.  Much safer pick.

Ansah is going to be an absolute monster IMO.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 NFL Draft..... 10 Future Pro Bowlers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools