Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone else with a gut feeling the pick is going to be Tyler Eifert... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 27, 2013, 09:25:54 AM

All of this being about getting freeman another weapon so MD can keep his job is nonsense. This team wouldve been in the playoffs last year if the d couldve held up in 2-3 games. Bucs and freeman make the playoffs and its a non issue. Freeman can have all the weapons they can find and he can be 10x more consistent and it still doesnt get the team to the playoffs when you have a d so bad its almost setting nfl records for how terrible they were.

I dont think Eifert is the pick at all. Wouldnt be happy or sad with the pick until I see how hes used and what he brings to the nfl. That said, I think they will value several other players that will be available equally or more at more pressing positions of need.

This. ^^^

I would like to see a competent defense fielded for a change.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 27, 2013, 09:31:12 AM

way too high of a reach. if people are complaining that we are "reaching for a DE or CB" at 13 i dont know what to call taking a TE at 13. maybe if we trade back to the late 20s and grab picks

im willing to bet we draft a defensive player despite all the nonsense about taking tavon austin

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 27, 2013, 09:35:55 AM

All of this being about getting freeman another weapon so MD can keep his job is nonsense. This team wouldve been in the playoffs last year if the d couldve held up in 2-3 games. Bucs and freeman make the playoffs and its a non issue. Freeman can have all the weapons they can find and he can be 10x more consistent and it still doesnt get the team to the playoffs when you have a d so bad its almost setting nfl records for how terrible they were.

I dont think Eifert is the pick at all. Wouldnt be happy or sad with the pick until I see how hes used and what he brings to the nfl. That said, I think they will value several other players that will be available equally or more at more pressing positions of need.

This. ^^^

I would like to see a competent defense fielded for a change.

agreed. the offense did enough to win us most games. the defense was a complete joke. i miss the defense from 2002

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 27, 2013, 09:50:27 AM

Seems like a retarded move they would make. They did draft a safety in round one last season (which happens to be the highest any safety has ever been picked if I remember right).

They bring in a TE in round one and I'll know they're on some crack.

Berry was drafted at #5
As was Sean Taylor by the Skins.
Eric Turner went #2 overall to the Browns.
LaRon Landry went #6.
Michael Huff went #7.
Donte Whitner #8.
Roy Williams #8.

I always find it funny when people hold Barrons draft position against him like it's never happened befoer or that no safety is worth that type of pick.
Like all 23 guys selected ahead of Ed Reed were better picks, IMO only 2 can make a claim to being as good as Reed, that being Peppers & Freeney.
David Carr or Ed Reed? hmmm
Ryan "I made my name playing next to Peppers" Simms or Ed Reed? That's a tough one.
Bryant McKinnie (#7 pick) or Ed Reed?

Charles Rogers or Troy Polamalu?
Dewayne Robertson or Troy Polamalu?
Byron Leftwich (#7 pick) or Troy Polamalu?

I love how people act like positions are more valueable at certain parts of the draft, a players value is dictated by his talent and that of the other guys left on the board.
People ripped  the Raiders for selecting Sebastian Janikowski #17 overall, looking back would you consider that poor value compared to taking Penn State busts Courtney Brow #1 & LaVar Arrington #2, I get that Oakland could have taken a guy like Shaun Alexander instead but honestly how many of the guys picked before the Raiders 2nd rounder would you take over Seb knowing what we know now? Sylvester Morris? Stockar McDougle? Rashard Anderson?

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 27, 2013, 09:51:52 AM

Big. Strong. Tough. Leader. Productive. Well-Behaved. Comes from the most historic program in college football. The guy just seems like a total Schiano guy. I would feel "meh" about the pick...but I just have a feeling he is going to be the guy at 13

The guy is a beast. I wouldn't be shocked whatsoever. Nothing surprises me with the NFL Draft anymore. If the Bucs don't improve the Defense it really isn't going to matter either why. I've got the Bucs taking Jarvis Jones at #13 and Zach Ertz in the second round in my Mock. I was assuming, Incorrectly, that the Bucs would address the CB situation via FA. That hasn't happened, so all bets are off with Jarvis Jones being the selection for the Bucs.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 27, 2013, 10:35:35 AM

Some even have Ertz ahead of Eifert.

Both Austin and Eifert would most likely improve the offense, but it just makes more sense to take the best defensive player left on the board.

Champ29

Rookie

#21 : March 27, 2013, 10:36:07 AM

i think itll be Star or Austin

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#22 : March 27, 2013, 10:40:16 AM

Gut feeling is I could probably think of 13 players I would rather take than Eifert.

Champ29

Rookie

#23 : March 27, 2013, 10:45:48 AM

id rather us take escobar anyway in the 3rd

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 27, 2013, 10:50:26 AM

draft position matters much less now with the whole rookie wage scale. its much less of a risk to take a reach QB in the first now because you dont have to sink nearly as much into them anymore. same for a safety.

everyone is stuck on the positional # and not the player. a #1 overall only costs you around 22million now so who cares. just take the guy you like best and that fits your team when you draft and its a good pick if they pan out like you hoped

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 27, 2013, 01:00:28 PM

Big. Strong. Tough. Leader. Productive. Well-Behaved. Comes from the most historic program in college football. The guy just seems like a total Schiano guy. I would feel "meh" about the pick...but I just have a feeling he is going to be the guy at 13

No I do not have a feeling the pick will be Eifert...either Austin or an OT...at pick 13 those options offer the best value...IMVHO

You must be accountable for your actions!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone else with a gut feeling the pick is going to be Tyler Eifert... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools