Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Goldson wants to mentor Wright « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 28, 2013, 01:17:06 PM

Toast-E is awful. Spin it any way you want, in that same Giants game Wright got lit up like a Xmas tree. That is the reality if Wright left in an island. It has been this way for a long while, I have watched him play. He is terrible. Stop being suckers.

What has he done for anyone lately!?  And he is still getting in trouble and wearing Niners gear?  And his play was terrible.

He is part of the problem. Not a solution.

Dom has an easy out. He'd be wise to take it and improve the Bucs by releasing him. Watch what the market offers him. And then keep in mind what Dom gave him...smh.

Maybe THAT is the reason. Dom doesn't want him to hit the market and see that his value is practically nil. Just cut the guy. Dude is terrible.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 28, 2013, 01:24:38 PM

I think Dom is playing high stakes poker and Wright is a pawn insurance token at this point. No Revis equals drafting heavy in this years draft with players like Rhodes, Trufant, Mathiue, etc.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 28, 2013, 01:32:28 PM

Yeah, I think Wright's fate is tied in with the deal for Revis. If nothing gets done and they bring rookies in, I'd just keep Wright on his current contract.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 28, 2013, 01:37:42 PM

and all in all - I think I'm ok with it (Rusty)
: March 28, 2013, 02:41:44 PM blind melon

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 28, 2013, 01:43:35 PM

Sounds like Goldson is doing his buddy a favor in hopes it helps his chances of staying here.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 28, 2013, 02:33:10 PM

Wright is a serviceable nickelback.

Have him restructure and keep him.

He isn't as bad as Boid says he is.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 28, 2013, 02:57:19 PM

I'd keep him on his current deal, at least for this year. I assume the only leverage to get him to do a new deal is that he'd be getting back some guaranteed money. I'd rather the team just pay him and keep the option to cut him without cap cost in the future and then re-visit it next year.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 28, 2013, 04:14:31 PM

Like it or not, I think Wright is very much tied to Revis. He could even be traded as part of a Revis deal. Agree, he's not as bad as some think. Again, a consistant LACK of pass rush and FAILED blitzes will make any CB look bad at times these days; just too many strong-armed QBs and good WRs out there to avoid getting exposed at some point.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 28, 2013, 04:20:17 PM

He sucked in Detroit, too

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 28, 2013, 04:21:00 PM

We've got several guysvwho can play nickel. What we need is starters.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 28, 2013, 04:21:48 PM

Pretty sure once the season hits full swing and assuming we still have Wright, they may do a play on this article entitled,

"Goldson wants to slap Wright"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 28, 2013, 04:32:43 PM

Clearly what we're seeing is a kinder, gentler Schiano. In the past he has just jettisoned players like Kellen Winslow and Tanard Jackson, but he's come to realize once he is rid of them, they're still problems for the rest of the league and society as a whole. Schiano is now taking the next step of mentoring players and a true Schiano Man like Dashon Goldson will get Wright back on the proper path.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

pljlsplltt

Second String

#27 : March 28, 2013, 05:15:42 PM

Clearly what we're seeing is a kinder, gentler Schiano. In the past he has just jettisoned players like Kellen Winslow and Tanard Jackson, but he's come to realize once he is rid of them, they're still problems for the rest of the league and society as a whole. Schiano is now taking the next step of mentoring players and a true Schiano Man like Dashon Goldson will get Wright back on the proper path.

I think he the difference is he keeps the players who truly seem to want to change and try to do everything coach tells them to do to prove they're trying. Its the reason we kept Talib for as long as we did and not just released him outright, because up to the suspension every story you were reading about Talib is him working out and doing charity and staying out of trouble. Its the same reason we are reading articles like these with Wright where he seems sincerely sorry and trying to change, because he truly is and wants to change. I think with his attitude he will be a Buc next year, but one more mishap and hes gone just as fast as Talib. Although I would definitly restructure his contract and have a lot of outs on it.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 28, 2013, 05:36:39 PM

We've got several guysvwho can play nickel. What we need is starters.

I don't think there is any CB on the roster that is better than Wright.

Which speaks volumes about how horrendous our CB depth is right now.

It doesn't make any sense to cut the guy.

This isn't necessarily directed at you, but I don't understand where this "locker room cancer" opinion of him came from.

Ask the guy to restructure and bring him back. If he declines, dump him.

Our CB depth chart looks worse without Wright on it. No one can argue that.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 28, 2013, 06:02:01 PM

I don't think anyone is really worse than he is either - they're all the same sad bag of suck. Again, this was the 32nd ranked pass defense BEFORE he got suspended. You don't cut him despite how good he is you cut him because of how not good he is coupled with the fact that he's dumb as a box of rocks.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Goldson wants to mentor Wright « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools