Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ian Rapoport reports Bucs could be a possible landing spot for Palmer « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 30, 2013, 02:55:32 PM

Look Sweep, if Palmer will sign for dirt cheap, then we can do it. Otherwise, that's cap space for a guy that's not going to be here long.

Additionally, I'd rather try out a mid round rookie than play alright with Palmer.

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 30, 2013, 03:17:39 PM

There isn't any logical reason for the Bucs to sign a QB like Carson Palmer.  Especially if you are Carson Palmer.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 30, 2013, 03:44:45 PM

Josh may get injured.  Josh may not be here next year.  We might not have our #1 pick next year.

Sounds like some fans are afraid that Palmer would look better than Josh.

umm....no, is it possible that some fans aren't kool with replacing mediocre with more mediocre?

-------------------------------------------------------

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 30, 2013, 05:42:52 PM

I'd take Campbell or Vince Young before I'd waste time and money on Palmer. His last decent year was the year before his leg injury. He hasn't looked the same since. Gruden would have him on that private jet right now. Thankfully he's gone. Not worth the money. Bad bad bad idea.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 30, 2013, 10:15:04 PM

Well it takes two to tango.  I can't think of any logical reason he would want to be a Buc. There are several starting opportunity's out there, and I am sure that is his goal.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 31, 2013, 07:22:24 PM

From rotoworld.com:
CSN Bay Area believes the 49ers are unlikely to sign Carson Palmer if/when he's released by the Raiders.
San Francisco is reportedly "atop" Palmer's wish list, but the 49ers have little cap room to maneuver, and Palmer's style of play is the polar opposite of Colin Kaepernick's. Palmer will only end up as the 49ers' clipboard holder if he's willing to play for a bargain-basement salary, and even then it's unlikely.
Related: 49ers
Source: CSN Bay Area

Hoist the Battleflag

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 31, 2013, 08:05:13 PM

From rotoworld.com:
CSN Bay Area believes the 49ers are unlikely to sign Carson Palmer if/when he's released by the Raiders.
San Francisco is reportedly "atop" Palmer's wish list, but the 49ers have little cap room to maneuver, and Palmer's style of play is the polar opposite of Colin Kaepernick's. Palmer will only end up as the 49ers' clipboard holder if he's willing to play for a bargain-basement salary, and even then it's unlikely.
Related: 49ers
Source: CSN Bay Area

Why would he want to go there?  Unless he just wants a ring, and has given up on a starting gig.  I don't see Tampa in his future either.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 31, 2013, 08:07:12 PM

Close to his house?

Hoist the Battleflag

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 31, 2013, 08:10:57 PM

Close to his house?

Still, he is 33 now, and most professional athletes are ultra competitive.  I would think he would be fighting for a starting gig somewhere.  But who knows, maybe he has said F-it.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 31, 2013, 08:15:49 PM

He's been around enough to see all the money the #2s don't have to work for.

Hoist the Battleflag

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 31, 2013, 08:21:23 PM

He's been around enough to see all the money the #2s don't have to work for.

True.  And playing for the Raiders seems to do funny things to players judgement.     j/k

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

moose40

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 01, 2013, 03:09:52 PM

While I don't believe Palmer is the answer, I like how the Freepologists are saying Palmer hasn't had a good year since before his injuries. Last year Palmer threw for over 4000 yards, and had roughly a 2-1 td to int ratio. apparently now that those stat numbers aren't tied to Freechise, throwing for 4000+ and a 2 to 1 ratio isn't good.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#42 : April 01, 2013, 07:42:45 PM

This will never happen...

Only a team with a ton of cap space, an inconsistent and unproven Qb situation, a big investment in offensive weapons, and owners who claim they would do everything to improve would make such a move.

Right?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 01, 2013, 09:23:36 PM

This will never happen...

Only a team with a ton of cap space, an inconsistent and unproven Qb situation, a big investment in offensive weapons, and owners who claim they would do everything to improve would make such a move.

Right?

Well......from all the reports, it seems Palmer thought Freeman was a chump and he could beat him out for the job. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ian Rapoport reports Bucs could be a possible landing spot for Palmer « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools