Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnny Manziel Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 243

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#75 : September 25, 2013, 10:45:06 PM

Word man you nerd man you heard.

OPP.

Manziel is a beast!

I think Dynamite is going to make the Bucs soooo much better.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#76 : September 25, 2013, 10:46:45 PM

Manziel is not a Schiano man. forgot it.  We're not a Manziel team.  And the press, the ego and the immaturity...I don't want him.  But I am going to watch every game of his this year because he plays football like a god.  So much fun to watch him.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#77 : September 25, 2013, 10:57:37 PM

Manziel is not a Schiano man. forgot it.  Hopefully Schiano won't be here.

We're not a Manziel team.  That might be our problem.

And the press, the ego and the immaturity...I don't want him.  But I am going to watch every game of his this year because he plays football like a god.  So much fun to watch him.  Have you seen him be egotistacl and immature in person? Or are you just going by what you here in the media? He's really not such a bad guy. If you love watchig him play in colleg....you'd love watching him play on Sundays in Pewter and Red. Don't be a hater Lady!

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#78 : September 25, 2013, 11:03:14 PM

I love how he completely makes defenses his biatch. Like when he sprints for like a foot forward steps back as if to say "SYKE" and throws a pass. Or when he is starring to the right or left in passing form and then takes off through a whole outa nowhere that he used his peripheral vision to see.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#79 : September 25, 2013, 11:03:23 PM

Manziel is a flat out baller in college ball. The question is, will this translate to the NFL? He doesn't have a world class arm, and he makes some really risky throws, but he's a force on the field. I'll have to start paying more attention to the other QBs who may be coming out.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#80 : September 25, 2013, 11:06:17 PM

My favorite thing about him is that he can throw the ball from any angle, any position...and still have ridiculous accuracy. This kid could do a summersault and throw a dime at the some time. I love that about him.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#81 : September 25, 2013, 11:07:34 PM

Manziel is a flat out baller in college ball. The question is, will this translate to the NFL? He doesn't have a world class arm, and he makes some really risky throws, but he's a force on the field. I'll have to start paying more attention to the other QBs who may be coming out.
Im with ya on that. Twice to Alabama has really won me over though. He's also pretty accurate and has the vision of an NBA point guard. His vision is reminds me of Drew Brees, dont go  thinking thats who I compare him to, but they way he sees the field without actually looking in certain directions is similar. I still have Bridgwater over him by a lot, and am paying close attention to the other QBs as well. Hate to say it but im kinda excited about it. Already wrote this season off even though the defense is legit and Glennon is probably better than Freeman
: September 25, 2013, 11:09:38 PM Pepsi

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#82 : September 25, 2013, 11:08:42 PM

My favorite thing about him is that he can throw the ball from any angle, any position...and still have ridiculous accuracy. This kid could do a summersault and throw a dime at the some time. I love that about him.
He may be the best in the country at that, college and pros

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#83 : September 25, 2013, 11:23:38 PM

I think as a prospect, he is a lot like RG3. He has confidence and swag that some people don't like. He is a bit undersized so injury is a concern. He has ridiculous mobility. He is a winner that has put his team on his back and made them a contender. His upside is off the charts.

The only real difference imo is that Manziel is considered a riskier pick because of possible character issues.

It's early, and people are talking about Johnny going mid 1st early 2nd....but between now and April a lot of things happen. During those months in the off season with the combine and pro days and hype machines in full effect....I wouldn't be surprised to see Bridgewater and Manziel go #1 and #2.

Boyd and McCarron will probably go top 15 too. Possibly even Murray. If Mariota and Hundley come out...they could too. We'll see what happens, but I think a record number of QBs could come off the board in the first 15 picks.
: September 25, 2013, 11:25:42 PM JDouble

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#84 : September 26, 2013, 12:52:48 AM

I don't see it at all. I don't think his game translates to the NFL that well and he seems like such a disrespectful, immature **CENSORED**. He does play with passion, though.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucHorn

Rookie

#85 : September 26, 2013, 01:04:04 AM

I don't see it at all. I don't think his game translates to the NFL that well and he seems like such a disrespectful, immature **CENSORED**. He does play with passion, though.

Agreed. He was born into a rich oil family and is set for life financially even if he doesn't play a down in the NFL. Because of that he pretty much thinks he can go through life doing whatever he wants without consequences. I can't see a guy like excelling at the NFL level.

One Aggy QB in this state is enough. Besides, he looks like Brick from The Middle.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#86 : September 26, 2013, 01:19:42 AM

I got heckled awhile back when I said I'd rather have manziel than any other QB in this draft. Probably still will.

Just not sold on bridgewater. Even in his highlights, I see Wideouts getting a lot of YAC.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#87 : September 26, 2013, 01:29:42 AM

Doing what he wants without consequence?

Like what?

Party with LeBron?  Who the hell wouldn't at twenty?

Drive a nice Mercedes his father bought for him with their own hard earned cash?

Get thrown out of parties where people spat at him?

Throws a golf club because he hates losing to his dad?

Does a touchdown salute for a celebration?

Gets a ticket?  Gets caught with a fake ID?

Signs autographs!?  Child please. The NCAA is more jacked up than he is. Fact. NCAA are a bunch of greedy turds who make a killing off studs like Manziel.

Talks smack back to an opponent that is getting their azz handed to them BY HIM?!  He is twenty years old for chrissakes!  He is very very young.

Young can mean immature.

But the guy is a baller, and a winner.

Screw that his game doesn't translate. WTF does that even mean

He has amazing pocket mobility, he can make any throw, and despite his size he has enormous hands that can grip a ball in inclement weather. He is rather accurate. Has some zip on his passes. Can chuck it reasonably well. He is frenetic scrambler.

He has a big mouth. He has a good football IQ.

So he hated the manning camp. Big whoop. Those guys are set already, and used him to boost their camp. Those dudes are boring. He lost interest in listening to their monotone drone. He is **CENSORED**y, sure. But the dude plays football.

If he busts he busts. Teddy could bust as well. Hell, AJ MaC might be the best QB in that group. Never know.

But based on what I see, not what I hear, the guy is ridiculously good.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#88 : September 26, 2013, 01:44:17 AM

Idk how many more figure eights he can pull on linemen. It's incredible, his awareness is downright LOLable.

Johnny is going to be awesome at the NFL level.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#89 : September 26, 2013, 01:46:26 AM

Doing what he wants without consequence?

Like what?

Party with LeBron?  Who the hell wouldn't at twenty?

Drive a nice Mercedes his father bought for him with their own hard earned cash?

Get thrown out of parties where people spat at him?

Throws a golf club because he hates losing to his dad?

Does a touchdown salute for a celebration?

Gets a ticket?  Gets caught with a fake ID?

Signs autographs!?  Child please. The NCAA is more jacked up than he is. Fact. NCAA are a bunch of greedy turds who make a killing off studs like Manziel.

Talks smack back to an opponent that is getting their azz handed to them BY HIM?!  He is twenty years old for chrissakes!  He is very very young.

Young can mean immature.

But the guy is a baller, and a winner.

Screw that his game doesn't translate. WTF does that even mean

He has amazing pocket mobility, he can make any throw, and despite his size he has enormous hands that can grip a ball in inclement weather. He is rather accurate. Has some zip on his passes. Can chuck it reasonably well. He is frenetic scrambler.

He has a big mouth. He has a good football IQ.

So he hated the manning camp. Big whoop. Those guys are set already, and used him to boost their camp. Those dudes are boring. He lost interest in listening to their monotone drone. He is **CENSORED**y, sure. But the dude plays football.

If he busts he busts. Teddy could bust as well. Hell, AJ MaC might be the best QB in that group. Never know.

But based on what I see, not what I hear, the guy is ridiculously good.
My thoughts exactly Boid. Woud welcome Johnny to Tampa in a heartbeat.

Formerly known as Revis Islander
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 243
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnny Manziel Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools