Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Derek Landri a Buc « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 30, 2013, 05:56:10 PM

Gibson is the starter. When Roy miller got hurt last season we saw zero drop off from that position....probably because not much is required of it. This is depth and now you wont see us address it again unless its more depth.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 30, 2013, 06:07:28 PM

Always liked Landri. Solid depth signing. He fits better as a backup 3tech than NT I think.

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#17 : March 30, 2013, 06:13:39 PM

He replaces a fan favorite; i don't know him; i/we will find out whether he becomes another fan favorite.

Kate Bush w/Jeff Beck on guitar - You\'re the one,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upQFn7sPfF4

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 30, 2013, 06:13:46 PM

A decent UT depth player. Still in search of a starting NT it seems.

Agreed.  Landri is more a pass-rusher, not a run-stuffing NT.  Still need to get one of those.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 30, 2013, 06:20:00 PM

Aggressive player but J.A.G.

Good to have players like that on the roster.

Turn the page.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 30, 2013, 06:34:27 PM

Well, the tweet said "Jax DT", so I assumed it was correct. We'll call it a three way trade where Jacksonville got Miller, the Bucs got Landri and the Eagles got what they deserve, a big pile of nothing.

You seem to forget that the Eagles got Benn (and rights to the patented Benn'd around)........oh, wait.....on second thought....I guess you are right.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 30, 2013, 06:35:02 PM

A decent UT depth player. Still in search of a starting NT it seems.

Agreed.  Landri is more a pass-rusher, not a run-stuffing NT.  Still need to get one of those.

I think your right.  After watching this draft video, he definitely looks like McCoy's back at 3 technique.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/nfl-draft/2007-NFL-Draft-Derek-Landri-2260

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 30, 2013, 06:39:19 PM

he definitely looks like McCoy's back at 3 technique.

Forget where I read this but Landri was described as a very high motor player who wears down as he tires.
Backup to McCoy might be exactly what the team is thinking.

UPDATE: I found the link on Landri.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/06/08/secret-superstar-derek-landri-dt-philadelphia-eagles/
: March 30, 2013, 06:41:35 PM bucinnj

Turn the page.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 30, 2013, 06:41:14 PM

Well, the tweet said "Jax DT", so I assumed it was correct. We'll call it a three way trade where Jacksonville got Miller, the Bucs got Landri and the Eagles got what they deserve, a big pile of nothing.

You seem to forget that the Eagles got Benn (and rights to the patented Benn'd around)........oh, wait.....on second thought....I guess you are right.

Be prepared for a double benn'd around with Desean Jackson!

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 30, 2013, 06:43:48 PM

Weird.  Believe it or not, I'd rather have Roy Miller. 

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#25 : March 30, 2013, 06:45:43 PM

I actually see him as a rotational guy with Gibson.  Gibson starts and provides more runstuffing; then, on third down comes in Landri.  Shoot, Landri can back up McCoy also.  McCoy can switch roles in a pinch as well.

Kate Bush w/Jeff Beck on guitar - You\'re the one,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upQFn7sPfF4

CanadianBuc

Starter
#26 : March 30, 2013, 06:51:22 PM

The point is dont throw away your money when you can replace them this easily. Miller was an important part of the team run stuffing wise. But the Bucs are probably thinking that they want more pressure from the 2nd DT and with the emergence of Lavonte David, Gerald Mccoy, Mason Foster, Mark Barron, Dashon Goldson, Adrian Clayborn and Daquan Bowers I think we can stop the run...

They didnt want to pay Miller because they can replace him with someone this easily

They didnt want to pay Bennett because he wasnt going to start anyway

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 30, 2013, 06:56:59 PM

The point is dont throw away your money when you can replace them this easily. Miller was an important part of the team run stuffing wise. But the Bucs are probably thinking that they want more pressure from the 2nd DT and with the emergence of Lavonte David, Gerald Mccoy, Mason Foster, Mark Barron, Dashon Goldson, Adrian Clayborn and Daquan Bowers I think we can stop the run...

They didnt want to pay Miller because they can replace him with someone this easily

They didnt want to pay Bennett because he wasnt going to start anyway

Says who?  You?  The Bucs?  And how's their track record so far?  Fourth year defense was historically bad.  Sorry, times running out on these fools.  How many bozos on here claimed "number one run defense"????  A ton.  But two of the guys were stiffs...sure, I get it.  It's been a steady diet of rotate in and rotate out.  I'm tired of this endless turnstile.  Again sorry, but this front office has failed us too many times.  They better be a top ten defense or you guys will hate me that much more.

PS And who's money are you talking about.  We have the most or second most.  Keeping a unit together is important(cue our old defense).

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 30, 2013, 06:59:52 PM

Oy, this deal is getting complicated. Okay, Eagles get Benn & Bucs 7th, Jacksonville gets Roy Miller and Bucs get Landri & Eagles 6th & Conditional 2014 pick.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 30, 2013, 07:00:56 PM

He'll make a nice rotation guy; don't see him starting. At 290, don't see him at NT unless it's 3rd and 20; he'll give McCoy a breather now and then, I suspect...
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Derek Landri a Buc « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools