Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Derek Landri a Buc « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #30 : March 30, 2013, 07:08:08 PM »

You seem to forget that the Eagles got Benn (and rights to the patented Benn'd around)........oh, wait.....on second thought....I guess you are right.

Oy, this deal is getting complicated. Okay, Eagles get Benn & Bucs 7th, Jacksonville gets Roy Miller and Bucs get Landri & Eagles 6th & Conditional 2014 pick.

lol, that did tie-up into a nice little bow.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #31 : March 30, 2013, 07:12:10 PM »

More from Steve White from various tweets...

Q: Think he can step in and take Miller's place?

SW: Yes. Different kind of player but should be able to step right in. Let me google to make sure he's healthy. He fills a need for us and has a good motor.

Q: You think he'll be more of a back-up to McCoy than Miller's replacement?

SW: Nah. I think he will be in the mix to start at nose. I keep forgetting about Gibson.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #32 : March 30, 2013, 07:20:39 PM »

SW: Yes. Different kind of player but should be able to step right in. Let me google to make sure he's healthy. He fills a need for us and has a good motor.

SW: Nah. I think he will be in the mix to start at nose. I keep forgetting about Gibson.

Let me google? I like Steve White and his analysis normally.  But dude, don't admit you're googling.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #33 : March 30, 2013, 07:22:02 PM »

Let me google? I like Steve White and his analysis normally.  But dude, don't admit you're googling.

Why? He's supposed to know the health/injury situation of every player in the league?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #34 : March 30, 2013, 07:34:34 PM »

This kinda shows the importance this team puts on NT. You guys who still think we are going to waste our 1sr round pick on one....stop smoking that crack.

Weren't you for Suh in 2010?

He is a nose tackle.  If you can get an elite DL at any position in the 1st round,  you do it.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #35 : March 30, 2013, 07:42:44 PM »

Not a bad under the radar signing. Should be able to do what Miller did while bringing a fraction more pass rush. He also plays the game the way it is meant to be played, never takes a play off, and is like a coach on the field.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #36 : March 30, 2013, 07:51:04 PM »

He also plays the game the way it is meant to be played, never takes a play off, and is like a coach on the field.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #37 : March 30, 2013, 07:57:10 PM »

Steve, let me help you out there, buddy....

http://bit.ly/Ynrj7U

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #38 : March 30, 2013, 08:30:22 PM »

Landri and Miller equal a push. Only thing is Miller already knew the system. Landri has to learn the system.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

« #39 : March 30, 2013, 08:35:17 PM »

Landri and Miller equal a push. Only thing is Miller already knew the system. Landri has to learn the system.

He's a DT, it isn't rocket science.  You either fit it or you don't.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #40 : March 30, 2013, 08:51:51 PM »

Sounds like he has more of a Chris Hovan disposition than a Roy Miller....

Derek Landri, Camp Bully

Sweat was pouring down the face of a reddened Derek Landri as reporters gathered around to hear about the fight. His teammates were passing by and giving him a hard time for the small fit of rage they just witnessed.

“Angry,” they bellowed. “UFC 151!”

People are learning, a reporter started in with, that you don’t mess with Derek Landri.

“Dude I don’t know. I don’t know what type of answer you want,” he responded. “Just playing hard.”

Actually it’s a little more than that.

As practice was winding down Sunday afternoon, Clay Harbor caught a shovel pass in the red zone and rumbled in for the touchdown as Landri tried to strip the ball late. The outcome of the play already determined, Harbor took umbrage with the defensive tackle’s aggression and started what he thought would be a typical shove-and-separate training camp tussle. But Landri had other ideas.

The 6-2, 290-pounder threw what looked like an uppercut punch before proceeding to rip the helmet off Harbor’s head. With the situation escalating Harbor zipped out of the lion’s den before chucking the ball at Landri.

“It’s competition. I’m just trying to finish the play, trying to strip him. Sometimes you can’t tell where you’re at on the field,” said Landri. “He didn’t like it, turned around and tried to swing. I didn’t like that, so I retaliated.”

This is not the Notre Dame product’s first dust-up at Lehigh this summer. He has been front-and-center for a few skirmishes, most notably one in the beginning of camp that escalated to a point where Michael Vick and Juan Castillo felt compelled to jump in and try to break it up. Vick got his hand stuck in a group of battling linemen, but made it out fine. It was here that Vick vowed never to play peacemaker again.

“Guys are a little upset from last year, and they’re taking it out now,” said Landri at the time.

“Shoot, it’s now or never; take no prisoners.”

Landri is not just being noticed for his temper alone. With Mike Patterson still sidelined after offseason brain surgery, he grabbed the starting tackle spot and has not let go. Against the Steelers, he forced one Eagles sack and added two tackles for a loss. It was the same type of disruptive play that we have seen in camp. Jason Kelce called him the team’s best defensive tackle, or at least the hardest for him to block.

As Harbor was exiting the Varsity House late Sunday afternoon, LeSean McCoy called over to the tight end with some advice:

“Rule 1 of a fight: Leave your helmet on, dude,” he said.

But with Landri, you don’t always have a choice.

source: http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012/08/13/derek-landri-camp-bully/

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #41 : March 30, 2013, 09:11:07 PM »

He's not a great run player, he's got some pass rusher ability. Not sure if they want to use him as a backup for GMC or to beef up the NT spot with more pass rush. He's a solid signing at a nice price either way.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #42 : March 30, 2013, 09:34:50 PM »

Sounds like a UT backup who can take 10 snaps a game. Not a bad signing, but the salary does seem kind of high.

It seems as though they're overpaying on every signing this year by a couple hundred of thousand.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #43 : March 30, 2013, 09:54:01 PM »

Sounds like a UT backup who can take 10 snaps a game. Not a bad signing, but the salary does seem kind of high.

It seems as though they're overpaying on every signing this year by a couple hundred of thousand.

Blue font?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #44 : March 30, 2013, 09:54:59 PM »

Really?
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Derek Landri a Buc « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools