Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Mentioned as a Likely Landing Spot for Tavon Austin « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 31, 2013, 02:38:26 PM

Tavon isn't Calvin Johnson or Randy Moss. No thanks. Top of the second round is where he belongs. This WR class is exceptionally weak right now.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 31, 2013, 02:44:36 PM

Tavon isn't Calvin Johnson or Randy Moss. No thanks. Top of the second round is where he belongs. This WR class is exceptionally weak right now.

He could be wes welker or Victor Cruz. Nobody is like Calvin and won't be for years to come.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 31, 2013, 02:54:45 PM

He could be wes welker or Victor Cruz. Nobody is like Calvin and won't be for years to come.

Exactly. So let's improve the defense and give Freeman some fish oil supplements and we'll be good to go.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#33 : March 31, 2013, 02:55:48 PM

if we go wideout in the first, it needs to be a number 1 not a trick player in the first

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 31, 2013, 03:03:44 PM

That kind of thinking is one of the reasons why the Bucs went so many years without any returns for TDs. The difference between 4,000 and 5,000 yards for Freeman would not just be from Austin. Everybody benefits from having him as an option. They sustain drives longer and each potential receiver gets more opportunities. The defense gets to watch from the sideline more. Who do you double cover when Austin is on the field? VJax has allowed MW to get open more easily. Austin would make it even more difficult for defenders. The Bucs need a dependable speed receiver who can play at any position, even RB. That's what Austin brings to the table. VJax had personal bests last year in ypc, total yardage, and number of receptions. Imagine what he could do if he wasn't double covered most of the time. One of the reasons Drew Brees is so efficient is because he's not depending on just two receivers. He has options he can depend on. Austin has proven to be both prolific and dependable. If you're satisfied with just 4,068 yards and 27 TDs, great, but I'm not. I know the Bucs can and will do better, but I want to see an offense that is feared around the league. We've had great defenses that have ranked among the best in league history. It is time for a great offense in Tampa. Tavon Austin is a special talent, and a step in that direction.

Brees throws to a bunch of guys named "Fred" really other than Graham - and yes I think Colston paired with Freeman is JAG. The problem in our offense isn't a lack of pass catchers, it is on the end of the distributor.  VJax and MW19 work well because their skill set melds with our QB's lack of skill set to produce result. Adding another player won't make Freeman a 5000 yard passer.

Adding another player might not. Adding Tavon Austin would definitely help, and that's not even talking about field position. Freeman won 10 games with worse protection and fewer weapons than he will have in 2013. People like you conveniently forget to credit him for that. K2 is gone and it's not likely his production will be matched by any free agent or draftee. Austin would do what K2 did and more, and without all of the related BS. Freeman can and will have double digit wins this year, with or without Austin. It would be a lot easier with him.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 31, 2013, 03:17:26 PM

Exactly. So let's improve the defense and give Freeman some fish oil supplements and we'll be good to go.

I agree. If Tampa can't get Revis then they should go DB in the 1st.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 31, 2013, 03:19:58 PM

if we go wideout in the first, it needs to be a number 1 not a trick player in the first

Good thing Austin can do several things. I know the Packers love Cobb.

danlowe748

Starter

#37 : March 31, 2013, 03:33:04 PM

It would be awesome to have Tavon at WR and Manziel at QB.    If Freeman is QB, why waste a pick on Tavon?   Free won't be able to get the ball to him.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#38 : March 31, 2013, 03:35:04 PM

Quote from: PassThePigSkin link=topic=1304350.msg1898843#msg1898843 date=1.364757598

yea but he wasn't pick.ed at 13 was he? he was picked in the 2nd round.

danlowe748

Starter

#39 : March 31, 2013, 03:40:24 PM

Quote from: PassThePigSkin link=topic=1304350.msg1898843#msg1898843 date=1.364757598

This is the weakest draft class in years.   A 2nd round pick the year Cobb came out is equal to a 1st round pick this year.   Julio Jones and AJ Green came out the same year as Cobb.   I don't see anything near Jones or Green in this crap draft.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 31, 2013, 03:43:47 PM

It would be awesome to have Tavon at WR and Manziel at QB.    If Freeman is QB, why waste a pick on Tavon?   Free won't be able to get the ball to him.

How are you going to have Austin at WR for Manziel if we don't draft him? Freeman accuracy is not that bad. Middle of the road yes, Preston Parker had 40 rec and almost 600 yards working the slot.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 31, 2013, 03:44:25 PM

He looks Devine.

Dominik specialized in acquiring talented players who were bad fits for his coaches. - FootballOutsiders

danlowe748

Starter

#42 : March 31, 2013, 03:45:51 PM

How are you going to have Austin at WR for Manziel if we don't draft him?

I would like to see the Bucs draft him, but trade Freeman now for whatever draft pick they can get in next year's draft.   Also trade whatever picks they can in this draft for picks next year.   Start Orlavsky this year and pick Manziel next year.   

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#43 : March 31, 2013, 03:47:39 PM

This is the weakest draft class in years.   A 2nd round pick the year Cobb came out is equal to a 1st round pick this year.   Julio Jones and AJ Green came out the same year as Cobb.   I don't see anything near Jones or Green in this crap draft.
if its the weakest as you say why do you guy want austin if his production came against this so called weak draft class? I have no problem with getting Austin, its kind of frustrating the we have fan that want to replace mike with a 5'8 unkown.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 31, 2013, 03:48:40 PM

Cobb didn't have the same productive college career that Austin had. I bet teams regret not taking Cobb in the 1st RD now.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Mentioned as a Likely Landing Spot for Tavon Austin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools