Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How many teams PAY their no. 2 WR??? (Mike Williams) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 31, 2013, 01:43:51 PM

OK, there's 1 team out of 32 that's intentionally doing it.

Only 1 out of every 32 teams wins the super bowl every year. True story bro.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#16 : March 31, 2013, 02:15:56 PM

so let get rid of a guy who is averaging 911yds and 7 touchdowns a year and replace him with a 5'8 rookie who hasn't played against real talent. you guys crack me up, why do you want get rid of productive players? save the Bennett comments he has only been productive one year out of the 4 he has been here.

geetech84

Starter

#17 : March 31, 2013, 02:21:40 PM

Put it like this.. Mike going get pay.."he deserves it" the hard catches he makes... and the body control he has"not a lot of Wrs can do that"

I don't think he is a number 2.. Not in today terms...you have a Wr 1A and Wr 1B.. "to have a great Wr group"

If Mike hit the FA market today, he will get pay top dollars..One team I could see wanting him bad, would be the Patriot.. and if he went there. "He will be in the pro bowl, and become one of the top names Wrs in the league"

I hope we lock up Mike, he is a great teammate, n great guy off the field. He works hard, loves football..a team 1st guy..and the man can flat out play..If we trade or let him go.. I believe,it will come back in bite the Bucs

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 31, 2013, 02:34:47 PM

ATL
DAL
NYG
PHI
SEA

If you count top 2 pass catchers then add NO, SF, NE as the TE is that second, or in some cases first, pass catcher.

Saints, Denver, Seattle and Atlanta.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 31, 2013, 02:41:12 PM

He will get a decent 4 year contract and re up when It's time for Vincent to leave.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 31, 2013, 02:43:37 PM

He will get a decent 4 year contract and re up when It's time for Vincent to leave.

Isn't MW's rookie contract up at the end of this season??

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 31, 2013, 02:57:53 PM

Isn't MW's rookie contract up at the end of this season??

Yup.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 31, 2013, 03:02:28 PM

so Vincent is gone after this year??

Like I said, if they draft Tavon Austin, Mike William's value drops a little, and if Austin proves to be a gamer, then MW becomes expendable because of the $$$$$$$.....
: March 31, 2013, 03:04:10 PM TheChronicHotAir

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#23 : March 31, 2013, 03:14:50 PM

Are you suggesting that the other teams are unintentionally doing it?
LOL

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#24 : March 31, 2013, 03:29:48 PM

Like I said, if they draft Tavon Austin, Mike William's value drops a little, and if Austin proves to be a gamer, then MW becomes expendable because of the $$$$$$$.....
What if austin is productive, he's goin to want qb money when he's a free agent, then he would leave, jackson would be old, mike williams would have left in free agency and we would have no wr then you would be complaining about how the bucs are cheap because they don't want to give qb money to a overhyped midget. he is no better than devon bess

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 31, 2013, 03:30:26 PM

Are you suggesting that the other teams are unintentionally doing it?
LOL

Yes.

Already mentioned Dallas.
Miles Austin got #1 money at the time, but now he's the no.2 behind Dez.   "Unintentional", in a way, that he's getting PAID in Dallas....

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 31, 2013, 03:30:28 PM

Mike's game is based around moving the chains, 3rd down, and the deep ball. Bringing in Austin won't affect what Mike will make because of the rookie wage scale. Austin is the big play speed and screen guy the Bucs don't have. I don't see the Bucs paying big for a TE. So why not have 3 legit WRs.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#27 : March 31, 2013, 04:06:32 PM

What if austin is productive, he's goin to want qb money when he's a free agent, then he would leave, jackson would be old, mike williams would have left in free agency and we would have no wr then you would be complaining about how the bucs are cheap because they don't want to give qb money to a overhyped midget. he is no better than devon bess
lolwut

He'd be a 1st round pick, so it would be 5 years until hes a FA, he wouldn't get close to QB money, and we would have at least 2+ years to draft/sign a #2 WR to replace Williams/Austin

But this hypothetical is so ridiculous that it doesn't matter

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 31, 2013, 04:25:38 PM

Selective reading much? AFTER MW fulfills this next contract, be it 4 or 5 years. Vjax will be too old to continue playing at a high level.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#29 : March 31, 2013, 04:29:07 PM

do you guys really think we should draft this kid and replace Mike with him? he is the same as jacoby ford and bess.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How many teams PAY their no. 2 WR??? (Mike Williams) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools