Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Geno Smith « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 31, 2013, 11:40:08 PM

From the little I know about Barkley, it doesn't seem like he's the type of strong-armed QB they'd like here.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#16 : April 01, 2013, 02:16:33 AM

i'm interested in knowing exactly in what scenario does he last till 13?

Scenario:
KC doesn't take him
Jax doesn't take him
Oak doesn't take him
Philly doesn't take him
DET doesn't take him
Cleveland doesn't take him
Ari doesn't take him
Buf doesn't take him
NYJ doesn't take him
Ten doesn't take him
SD doesn't take him
Miami doesn't take him
Geno available at 13

danlowe748

Starter

#17 : April 01, 2013, 05:27:42 AM

i'm interested in knowing exactly in what scenario does he last till 13?

Scenario:
KC doesn't take him
Jax doesn't take him
Oak doesn't take him
Philly doesn't take him
DET doesn't take him
Cleveland doesn't take him
Ari doesn't take him
Buf doesn't take him
NYJ doesn't take him
Ten doesn't take him
SD doesn't take him
Miami doesn't take him
Geno available at 13

Haha!   Usually your posts stink, but this one is great!   Very nice.

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#18 : April 01, 2013, 06:27:31 AM

The OP asked a simple question:

IF Geno falls to 13, do we take him? Not, WILL he fall to 13?

And, NO.

danlowe748

Starter

#19 : April 01, 2013, 06:32:28 AM

The OP asked a simple question:

IF Geno falls to 13, do we take him? Not, WILL he fall to 13?

And, NO.

Agreed.   They should go with Barkley instead.  You and I are on the same page.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 01, 2013, 08:50:53 AM

If Geno Smith drops to us at 13, would you take him?

Ask yourself a question. When was the last time a QB class in any draft failed to yield at least one QB in the top 13 picks.

1997 when the best QBs coming out were Jim Druckenmiller, Jake Plummer and Danny Wuerffel.   Druckenmiller was taken at #26 overall that year.   Bad pick by the 49ers even at 26.

1996 no QB was taken in the first round and Tony Banks was the first QB picked in the 2nd round that year. 

1988, no QB was taken until the 3rd round (Chris Chandler)

Some years, the QB's are not any good.   This draft is one of them.  Then again, this draft isn't much good for the other positions either.   Terrible, weak draft.   I think the Bucs should trade all of this year's picks for picks in next year's draft if they can.

One thing no one is taking into effect is the Read Option transformation in this league. Geno Smith fits that mold and outside of the Lions, Dolphins and Titans, every team in the top 12 could select Geno Smith. If some kind of miracle happens and Smith does drop to #13. Bucs should field trade offers, IF ANY or pass on him altogether.

danlowe748

Starter

#21 : April 01, 2013, 09:46:49 AM

If some kind of miracle happens and Smith does drop to #13. Bucs should field trade offers, IF ANY or pass on him altogether.

No doubt about that.   I do not want Geno Smith.   However, if they pick Barkley, I'm ok with it.   Not happy with it, but ok.   I'd be thrilled if they traded away Freeman in hopes to get Johnny Football next year.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 01, 2013, 10:01:23 AM

If some kind of miracle happens and Smith does drop to #13. Bucs should field trade offers, IF ANY or pass on him altogether.

No doubt about that.   I do not want Geno Smith.   However, if they pick Barkley, I'm ok with it.   Not happy with it, but ok.   I'd be thrilled if they traded away Freeman in hopes to get Johnny Football next year.
dude, you know football!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 01, 2013, 10:08:54 AM

Java usually does...

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 01, 2013, 10:21:40 AM

Not a huge Barkley fan either. He will be a good West Coast offense QB but he doesn't have the arm strength for the deep ball that Schiano/Sullivan want in their QB.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 01, 2013, 10:38:55 AM

barkley, smith and bray all had very high talent at WR and still found ways to lose.  that scares me.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

danlowe748

Starter

#26 : April 10, 2013, 10:26:07 PM

No way do I want Geno Smith.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 11, 2013, 07:08:30 AM

explain to me, from a technique standpoint, what you see on his tape?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 11, 2013, 07:37:40 AM

No way in hell I'd take him , but I'd sure as hell be sitting beside the phone waiting for it to ring with those trade offers....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Geno Smith « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools