Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Palmer wanted to go to Tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 01, 2013, 12:24:47 PM

It would be interesting having 13 million into a backup after not bringing in any CBs this offseason. I think some Bucs fans would have a heart attack. :)

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 01, 2013, 12:36:53 PM

This flies in the face of the "Schiano Effect"   I do not understand...

;)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 01, 2013, 12:38:29 PM

Yes, he might.  But if it causes Josh to mature and improve his game,  then mission accomplished.

Improve his TD/INT ratio while in playoff contention and before EVERYTHING broke down around him from 26/9 to what, 35/5?

Pressure to lose his starting job should be motivation to improve in the much needed area of leadership.  In addition, he could reduce the number of back-foot throws, the pick 6's, the stare-downs, all the while increasing the number of completions to wide open receivers in the end zone.  We can still win with Josh if he'll just improve those areas,  we run the ball more, and we improve the defense.    But his short-intermediate passing game is poor and I don't think that will ever improve.   And whether he'll ever be able to process info quickly enough, I don't know.   The offense is so talented it's a shame to see it go to waste, while the window is open.

I guess some "Freeman or bust" fans feel like the pressure from "boos" or  "we want Palmer" chants would cause Freeman to collapse?   I guess he might.  But if so, that's one fragile QB.

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 01, 2013, 12:43:20 PM

I don't care about whether Freeman feels pressure from a backup or gets booed by the fan. I don't think a QB is ever going to be worth a damn if he needs a backup to motivate him to improve. I just don't think Palmer makes sense. If the team decides to move on, I'd rather they do it with someone not on the back end of their career.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

swamp_bats

Starter
#19 : April 01, 2013, 12:46:14 PM

I've always been a Palmer fan, he was good in Cinci before that offense fell apart. I don't wanna trade any picks for him, but if he refused to take less and Oakland has to cut him then scoop him up and draft Tyler Wilson in 4-5 round of draft. I would love that Q.B. stable. If Freeman turns it around, awesome. If he fails Palmer could get job done until Wilson is ready.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 01, 2013, 12:48:40 PM

If the Bucs signed Palmer, and they went into training camp with Freeman and Palmer on equal footing, Palmer would beat out Freeman for the starting job.

No Java, just no.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 01, 2013, 12:57:37 PM

Only Eli Manning threw for more yards against the Bucs last year.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 01, 2013, 01:03:06 PM

If the Bucs signed Palmer, and they went into training camp with Freeman and Palmer on equal footing, Palmer would beat out Freeman for the starting job.

Can I get this weeks lottery numbers too, oh great swami?

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 01, 2013, 01:03:24 PM

Only Eli Manning threw for more yards against the Bucs last year.

To be fair, Doug Martin kept giving them the ball back :P

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 01, 2013, 01:06:02 PM

I don't think a QB is ever going to be worth a damn if he needs a backup to motivate him to improve. I just don't think Palmer makes sense. If the team decides to move on, I'd rather they do it with someone not on the back end of their career.

^^This^^

Codmons

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 01, 2013, 01:10:53 PM

No thanks, I want no part of Carson Palmer choking a season for us. Give Josh his final chance to show if he's the guy, as he's only improved... or move on to a new QB... Not a washed up, hasbeen of a QB...

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 01, 2013, 01:12:22 PM

Carson palmer just sucks, thats all.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

moose40

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 01, 2013, 01:33:27 PM

Carson palmer just sucks, thats all.

But Palmer also threw for 4000+ yards last year, and I'm not sure I'd say Heyward Bey, Moore and the rest of the Raider receivers are as good as VJax, and MWill.

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#28 : April 01, 2013, 01:51:46 PM

Favre wanted to be a Buc too.

bucshot420

Starter

#29 : April 01, 2013, 01:58:26 PM

Be it college or pro, Freeman has never had a decent QB behind him.  since joining the Bucs he's had Josh Johnson, Rudy Carpenter, and Dan Orlovsky as his backups.  Not a single one with any kind of quality experience or success at this level.  I'd love to see Palmer come in take Freeman under his wing, the same as VJ did for MW last year.  With Ron Turner gone, and not really knowing what we have in John McNulty.  I really feel Palmer would be a great asset to JF not only from a competitive standpoint, but also as a mentor, further helping him with his mechanics and film study and breakdown.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Palmer wanted to go to Tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools