Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Palmer wanted to go to Tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#30 : April 01, 2013, 02:42:28 PM

i think that Palmer is not much better then Freeman... i saw some games last year and was not imppresed

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 01, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Be it college or pro, Freeman has never had a decent QB behind him.  since joining the Bucs he's had Josh Johnson, Rudy Carpenter, and Dan Orlovsky as his backups.  Not a single one with any kind of quality experience or success at this level.  I'd love to see Palmer come in take Freeman under his wing, the same as VJ did for MW last year.  With Ron Turner gone, and not really knowing what we have in John McNulty.  I really feel Palmer would be a great asset to JF not only from a competitive standpoint, but also as a mentor, further helping him with his mechanics and film study and breakdown.

i think this is a myth.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 01, 2013, 03:29:56 PM

Be it college or pro, Freeman has never had a decent QB behind him.  since joining the Bucs he's had Josh Johnson, Rudy Carpenter, and Dan Orlovsky as his backups.  Not a single one with any kind of quality experience or success at this level.  I'd love to see Palmer come in take Freeman under his wing, the same as VJ did for MW last year.  With Ron Turner gone, and not really knowing what we have in John McNulty.  I really feel Palmer would be a great asset to JF not only from a competitive standpoint, but also as a mentor, further helping him with his mechanics and film study and breakdown.

i think this is a myth.

Besides which, Leftwich wasn't listed...

My logo is bigger than your logo

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 01, 2013, 03:34:35 PM

I didn't see that much of Carson Palmer last season - some highlights and the game against the bucs.  The Carson Palmer I remember is better than what Freeman has shown to date.  And the weapons at his disposal would be better than those he had in Oakland.  The price at 13 mil a year is out of the question.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 01, 2013, 03:42:06 PM

I think the Bucs would have to pay him the 13 million of they traded for him.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

pljlsplltt

Second String

#35 : April 01, 2013, 03:54:06 PM

Palmer has not been the same since his knee injury, which is a shame cause he looked very promising at one time.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 01, 2013, 04:01:35 PM

I watched some film on the guy after he signed with the raiders (I was thinking it was good for them that they had signed Palmer).

Something happened with his mechanics after he left cinci. Idk if it was the lack of wr talent compared to what he had with housh and CJ, or if the line wasn't nearly as good, or if something happed to him physically. Regardless, the guy will probably never be much more than a backup ever again.

Personally, I would rather the bucs draft a QB in the latter rounds and see if sully and Co can develop.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 01, 2013, 04:10:49 PM

Palmer much like Kolb is dismissed but on a team with worse support structures than Freeman had was statistically better.  Plus, Palmer was a 4000 yard passer with bad cornerbacks and that makes him money around here right?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 01, 2013, 05:30:21 PM

I think that it's a backup QBs dream to play in Tampa. You have 2 great WRs, Doug Martin, a good oline, and a QB that could play himself out of a starting position.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 01, 2013, 05:36:37 PM

Timothy Tebow is coming as part of the Revis deal.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 01, 2013, 05:58:00 PM

Palmer gets his azz handed to him by Tampa.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 01, 2013, 06:16:11 PM

That's good, right? He lost it in Oakland...

My logo is bigger than your logo

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 01, 2013, 06:17:37 PM

Yup.

Palmer lost it after the knee injury.  Probably rattled his cage.  It happens.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 01, 2013, 06:27:54 PM

Palmer had a pretty bad shoulder injury which probably has more to do with his problems currently than his knee injury.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 01, 2013, 06:33:46 PM

This flies in the face of the "Schiano Effect"   I do not understand...

;)

Actually a washed up desperate QB who is about to be cut and lose his fat contract is exactly the type of player I would expect to want to come here.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Palmer wanted to go to Tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools