Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman/Dom « previous next »
Page: 1 2

pljlsplltt

Second String

« : April 01, 2013, 01:13:23 PM »

I don't know how many people realize this but the NFC is stacked this year. Falcons,Saints,Panthers,Cowboys,Redskins,Giants,Lions,Vikings,Packers,Bears,Seahawks,49ers, and Rams could all be in the playoff hunt and it would not surprise anyone. What I'm wondering is what happens if Freeman has a more consistant year and the Bucs finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs, what do you do with Freeman and Dom. Both will have two 10 win seasons on their résumé, but no playoffs.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #1 : April 01, 2013, 01:14:55 PM »

If they can pull off a ten win season, let them stay I say.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #2 : April 01, 2013, 01:47:50 PM »

10 and in...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
« #3 : April 01, 2013, 01:54:29 PM »

If this team gets 10 wins but does not make the playoffs, I really do not see how anyone could hold Dominick responsible.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #4 : April 01, 2013, 01:59:14 PM »

If we have 10 wins and miss the playoffs again I say Dom stays (I think the Glazers keep him no matter what happens) but Freeman goes.
To get 10 wins and miss the playoffs you generally lose out on tie breakers which would mean yet another case of us beating up on lesser teams and losing to the good ones on an overall soft schedule.
Until we really compete with the best teams when the games still count it won't matter what our overall record is.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #5 : April 01, 2013, 02:03:19 PM »

I think if we have 4 wins, Dominik would probably still be GM. Not a lot of turnover at that position historically, but perhaps times are changing?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #6 : April 01, 2013, 02:11:47 PM »

I would be shocked if the Panthers, Rams, Cowboys, Vikings, Or Lions made the playoffs

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #7 : April 01, 2013, 02:20:27 PM »

Quote from: MUSCLE_HAMSTER
I would be shocked if the Panthers, Rams, Cowboys, Vikings, Or Lions made the playoffs

Likewise, except Detroit. Not going to count out Calvin Johnson.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #8 : April 01, 2013, 02:35:00 PM »

I wouldn't be shocked if any one of them made the playoffs.  There are teams that surprise every year.  But it's not a list of teams that has me quaking.

pljlsplltt

Second String

« #9 : April 01, 2013, 03:45:38 PM »

Vikings made it last year and added Jennings which will open things up for AP, Lions have the talent just need discipline, Rams beat the 49ers once and tied another and got another win against the Seahawks and will have one of the better defenses next year, Panthers ended strong and could be a good team of Cam plays good all year they could be scary, and cowboys always have the talent just need to put it together. Like I said NFC is stacked and gonna be fun to watch.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
« #10 : April 01, 2013, 04:21:19 PM »

I wouldn't be shocked if any one of them made the playoffs.  There are teams that surprise every year.  But it's not a list of teams that has me quaking.
>_>

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
« #11 : April 01, 2013, 04:23:43 PM »

Vikings made it last year and added Jennings which will open things up for AP, Lions have the talent just need discipline, Rams beat the 49ers once and tied another and got another win against the Seahawks and will have one of the better defenses next year, Panthers ended strong and could be a good team of Cam plays good all year they could be scary, and cowboys always have the talent just need to put it together. Like I said NFC is stacked and gonna be fun to watch.
Vikings rode a nearly historic year from AP and huge play from Harvin to squeak into the playoffs. Neither of those are likely to happen this year

Rams, Panthers, and Cowboys aren't close to making the playoffs for multiple reasons.

Lions have the best chance, but outside of Calvin Johnson, nothing about that team causes problems for other teams

beardtree

Practice Squad

« #12 : April 01, 2013, 04:39:51 PM »

we could have 11 wins and variably miss the playoffs in the case of a 3 way divison tie best record in division wins it I believe it happened in the AFC east a few years back and the pats missed the playoffs- the rams look to be on the rise  maybe not this year but next NFC east is still formidable too

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #13 : April 01, 2013, 04:52:43 PM »

>_>
There is space between expecting a team to make the playoffs and being shocked that a team makes the playoffs.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

« #14 : April 01, 2013, 06:21:21 PM »

Vikings rode a nearly historic year from AP and huge play from Harvin to squeak into the playoffs. Neither of those are likely to happen this year

Rams, Panthers, and Cowboys aren't close to making the playoffs for multiple reasons.

Lions have the best chance, but outside of Calvin Johnson, nothing about that team causes problems for other teams

Vikings won their last four straight (and five of seven) to get into the playoffs after Percy Harvin was done for the season with an "injury".

The Cowboys had a win and you're in game in week 17.

The Rams lost only one game in the NFC West and went 4-2 down the stretch.

The Panthers won four straight to end the season and five of the last six, including wins over the Falcons and the Saints.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman/Dom « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools