Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Xavier Rhodes not in top 32 list of Scouts, inc. top players « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 02, 2013, 09:36:26 AM

you do realize that Scouts Inc is ranked by Todd mcshay right? hes absolutely awful. once he decides someone is in his 32 they stay that way no matter what. he plays the favorite game to a fault. and FWIW he had rhodes going in the 1st round in his mock draft

blidi wreh wilson is not better than rhodes and is not a 1st rounder. desmond trufant should also be ranked much higher. hell hes got manti teo in there as well. jamar taylor is a 2nd rounder, not a first. montgomery is a bum and will be a 3rd rounder because hes lazy and slow, his coaches even made a sign and left it for scouts to see. Bjoern werner dropped because hes not a combine king, turn on the tape and you see that hes a baller. ansah rose for being a combine king

its pretty dumb to use scouts inc as a baseline for who we should and shouldnt take in the 1st. its a flawed line of thinking. the best way to do it is look at where lpayers rank on multiple sites. rhodes is in the 1st round in many areas while blidi wreh wilson is a 2nd/3rd  pick just about everywhere

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 02, 2013, 10:16:51 AM

He is overrated on this board...We are so desperate for corners that fans want to make a ridiculous reach for the guy at #13...  I hope Dom is a lot smarter than that...
First off, he's been mocked in the top 20 in nearly every mock draft, and on numerous occasions mocked to the Dolphins at 12. None of that has anything to do with this board,

Second, if you go watch game tape on Rhodes and every other corner you can find game tapes on, what exactly makes you think Rhodes is overrated? He's clearly a very good corner prospect and good enough to warrant pick 13 for the Bucs.

Buc45

Starter
#17 : April 02, 2013, 10:55:58 AM

I could careless who is drafted so long as that player actually helps the team get back to legitimate contender status and in to the playoffs...Sure I have players I would like to see drafted. But ultimately who ever is drafted I will cheer on until its no longer warranted. It would seem that every prospect this year has questions abound. And one of the reasons there is no clear cut franchise types and why this draft could be like no other with players being over drafted and under drafted...As the grades for each prospect differ so widely from team to team.

I agree with this...  To me, Rhodes is a good player but not top 15...but then again, the top 15 is pretty weak.  My argument is that because of need, fans tend to want to reach more.  For example, I argued last year that Claiborne was not the 5th best player in the draft and argued for Luke K.  The argument against it was that we needed a corner and that inside linebackers were of little value... Well, one was rookie of the year and the other struggled quite a bit even though he was paired with Carr (Dallas actually got worse in pass defense).  Claiborne may have a bright future, same with Rhodes but I honestly think need clouds the judgement of many on this board.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 02, 2013, 11:10:13 AM

I've seen a lot of "experts" grade him top 15. I've seen as many experts grade him over Milliner as I've now seen that say he's not top 32 - one in both cases.

The question isn't if he's a top tier prospect. He's not. Then again, no one we would be able to get is going to be. Those players will run out long before we pick-- most likely.  Is he part of that second tier of players? Based on everything we've seen he is. Heck, even using Scouts say he is ranked 34 doesn't mean we should take him. Say that the draft is lined up like this: 7 blue chippers and 40 red chip players. If Rhodes is one of the top 47 players then he's worthy of our pick. This need to parse players at top 15 or top 30 or top 45 is meaningless because we do not know how deep the talent pool a each tier runs.  Trying to. Sort guys within each tier is meaningless and mostly pointless

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 02, 2013, 01:08:16 PM

Bucs should pick one of these guys at 13. Millner will be gone.

10. Lane Johnson    OT    Oklahoma    94
11. Barkevious Mingo*    DE    LSU    94
12. Alec Ogletree*    ILB    Georgia    94

14. Jarvis Jones*    OLB    Georgia    93
15. Sheldon Richardson    DT    Missouri    93

17. Tavon Austin*

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#20 : April 02, 2013, 01:44:28 PM

Unless Star falls down the board, I believe we will pick between Austin/Jones/Richardson. One of those will be a Buc.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 02, 2013, 02:08:49 PM

Rhodes strikes me as a average NFL talent.  Which is a vast improvement in the Bucs cornerback situation.  I would not mind the pick, he is rangy, and fills a need.  But I am all about Tavon Austin.

That kid might be an elite playmaker.  I doubt that Rhodes will be Elite anything.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 02, 2013, 02:10:56 PM

Rhodes strikes me as a average NFL talent.  Which is a vast improvement in the Bucs cornerback situation.  I would not mind the pick, he is rangy, and fills a need.  But I am all about Tavon Austin.

That kid might be an elite playmaker.  I doubt that Rhodes will be Elite anything.

Rhodes is boom or bust in my opinion. He will either be a shutdown corner, or just be one of the worst starting CBs in the league.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 02, 2013, 02:43:38 PM

Mingo anyone?

acacius

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 02, 2013, 02:53:35 PM

Mingo anyone?
His lack of production scares me.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 02, 2013, 03:00:13 PM

Mingo anyone?
His lack of production scares me.

the same thing bothered me about Aldon Smith, but I couldn't have been more wrong

there's no way that he could be a full time 4-3 DE though, so there's no chance of him coming here
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Xavier Rhodes not in top 32 list of Scouts, inc. top players « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools