Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm starting to Warm Up to "THE PLAN". « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Madman

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 02, 2013, 01:16:43 PM

Clowney will be at the top of next year's draft class. I like it already.

THE PLAN better include some major help at CB.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 02, 2013, 01:17:53 PM

Bucko40,

Did someone hack your account?

I agree, I really like what we've been doing recently. We got our star we wanted in Gholdson and in the last week we've been adding nice pieces for competition. Recently with Steve Smith signing. As of now Smith is our best slot, this is not just a depth move but he has a shot to be the starter week 1.

What we're doing is making our 55 man roster better. In years past we had a large gap between the top and bottom of our 55 man roster, that is changing.  I'm liking what we're doing.

I think you're right Bucko, expect some kind of action on Penn's contract after this year.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 02, 2013, 01:24:02 PM

Bucko40,

Did someone hack your account?

I agree, I really like what we've been doing recently. We got our star we wanted in Goldson and in the last week we've been adding nice pieces for competition. Recently with Steve Smith signing. As of now Smith is our best slot, this is not just a depth move but he has a shot to be the starter week 1.

What we're doing is making our 55 man roster better. In years past we had a large gap between the top and bottom of our 55 man roster, that is changing.  I'm liking what we're doing.

I think you're right Bucko, expect some kind of action on Penn's contract after this year.

LOL. NO. Guess I just had my expectation set a bit high. I guess I could have blamed it on the Smog out here in LaLa land.

Bucs have been adding some good depth recently so that is a good sign. So that makes me happy.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 02, 2013, 01:27:01 PM

I think within the next 4-5 weeks that will be answered. I sure hope we aren't in a position to get Clowney. That would mean we'd also be looking for another QB and I don't even want to think about that.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 02, 2013, 01:30:55 PM

Welcome back to the fun side, my man! :)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 02, 2013, 01:36:42 PM

Welcome back to the fun side, my man! :)

Thanks. It help to take the red pill and not the blue ones.  j/k.  :o

Madman

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 02, 2013, 04:53:36 PM

I think within the next 4-5 weeks that will be answered. I sure hope we aren't in a position to get Clowney. That would mean we'd also be looking for another QB and I don't even want to think about that.

Yeah, Bucs would have to be 1 or 2 to get Clowney. Sure hope not! Just saying I expect next year's class to be stronger than this one. There isn't even concensus on the Top 5 this draft. I'd rather give up 13 this year.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 02, 2013, 05:09:35 PM

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

danlowe748

Starter

#23 : April 02, 2013, 05:40:53 PM

Too late.   The Bucs already should be looking for another QB.    The problem is this isn't the draft class to do it.   I seriously think the Bucs should try to trade all of their draft picks this year for picks next year.   Get rid of Freeman now for whatever draft picks possible in next year's draft.   Take full advantage of that rich draft coming next year that includes guys like Clowney and Johnny Football.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 02, 2013, 11:57:49 PM

I'm pretty sure that this was not the plan. Selvie Smith and co. aren't going to make this team better.

I'm looking forward to the draft.  We may be able to get a few good players. It's not happening in free agency.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

spurzo

Second String

#25 : April 03, 2013, 12:32:39 AM

Yeah, Bucs would have to be 1 or 2 to get Clowney. Sure hope not! Just saying I expect next year's class to be stronger than this one. There isn't even concensus on the Top 5 this draft. I'd rather give up 13 this year.

What does having a consensus top 5 have to do with a strong draft class?  This year's draft is so deep, I think you can get starting calibre players pretty much all through the second round, which is quite rare for a draft class.  The reason ppl say this is a weak class is because there's no quarterback for the media to build up. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 03, 2013, 12:42:18 AM

This draft appears to have average depth of good players that project as starters, but lacks elite talent at the top....which is why it is considered a weak draft.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 03, 2013, 12:48:02 AM

Not buying their plan, because they are signing mediocre players at so many positions with the exception being CB.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 03, 2013, 02:12:21 AM

Not buying their plan, because they are signing mediocre players at so many positions with the exception being CB.

I honestly believe that this is the least desirable place for a CB to come play. Just
the design of the defense puts too much pressure on the CB's. If Schiano makes it past this year
Tampa will be known as the place where CB's go to end their careers...prematurely........
........and not by choice.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

spurzo

Second String

#29 : April 03, 2013, 05:47:43 AM

This draft appears to have average depth of good players that project as starters, but lacks elite talent at the top....which is why it is considered a weak draft.

That is your opinion, most of what I've heard is that this draft has very good depth.  I'm not entirely sure that I agree with the lack of elite talent but you're not the first to say it, I'd call it lack of elite talent at the glamour positions/valuable positions.  But, at o tackle, d tackle, safety, tight end and receiver this is a very deep draft.  At O tackle, d tackle, guard there are elite prospects.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm starting to Warm Up to "THE PLAN". « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools