Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu works out for Buccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#60 : April 04, 2013, 09:23:37 PM

Well again....I'm not even a fan of the Honey Badger, but to write a kid off because he smoked a lot of pot when he was 18/19 years old, well it is pretty damn stupid.

Pot really isn't the issue here. The fact of the matter is priorities. There's no love for the game. There's no consideration of his team. No concern for his school or his family, forget about the educational opportunity wasted. The only thing he cared about was himself and getting high. That's pretty damn stupid. The only thing worse is seeing a roster spot wasted and repeating the stupidity by repeating the mistake. Smoking pot is one thing. Not caring is another.

We're not talking second chances here. He's had those and it didn't work. I'm not willing to piss away the Bucs' D on the chance that this punk has grown up enough to care.

So glad we didn't have this attitude when Mike Williams was still on the board in the 4th round about 3 years ago....

Two totally different situations. Mike Williams had a communication issue, and a problem with academics, but he always loved the game and his team/school. He has not been a repeat offender and he never had a bad or selfish attitude. His college coaches stood for him. You're not going to find any of Tyrann's coaches doing that for him. They gave him chances and he just pissed on them. That is his history. He needs a veteran team to keep him in line. The Bucs are too young to have to deal with the potential trouble this guy will surely bring.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#61 : April 04, 2013, 09:30:42 PM

wasn't Mike labeled as a guy that quit on his team?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#62 : April 04, 2013, 09:46:09 PM

Well again....I'm not even a fan of the Honey Badger, but to write a kid off because he smoked a lot of pot when he was 18/19 years old, well it is pretty damn stupid.

Pot really isn't the issue here. The fact of the matter is priorities. There's no love for the game. There's no consideration of his team. No concern for his school or his family, forget about the educational opportunity wasted. The only thing he cared about was himself and getting high. That's pretty damn stupid. The only thing worse is seeing a roster spot wasted and repeating the stupidity by repeating the mistake. Smoking pot is one thing. Not caring is another.

We're not talking second chances here. He's had those and it didn't work. I'm not willing to piss away the Bucs' D on the chance that this punk has grown up enough to care.

Pfft I did WAY dumber things at age 20 that could have landed me in prison. Young people have a hard time assessing risk (look up the studies) and think they can't get caught, because statistically speaking its hard to get caught (I didn't).

I don't know if TM is gonna be all pro, but to say all that about him when you've never even met the guy is ignorant.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#63 : April 04, 2013, 09:59:06 PM

He ABSOLUTELY was, but, he is currently a Buc....so the history cleared and we need to look at it from a completely different angle.

Can't bring that judgmental attitude to a current Buc, now can we?
: April 04, 2013, 10:01:45 PM chace1986

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#64 : April 04, 2013, 10:15:38 PM

Pfft I did WAY dumber things at age 20 that could have landed me in prison. Young people have a hard time assessing risk (look up the studies) and think they can't get caught, because statistically speaking its hard to get caught (I didn't).

I don't know if TM is gonna be all pro, but to say all that about him when you've never even met the guy is ignorant.

I believe you did way dumber things. What Tyrann has done is public record. I don't have to meet him to know him. I've known many others like him, and your defense of him doesn't say much for you. Tyrann is not a Buccaneer Man and odds are he never will be. I want players we can count on. That's not Tyrann. It was always just a matter of time with Talib. Just plain stupid. You knew he would find trouble someway, somehow, That's Tyrann, only he's no Talib.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#65 : April 04, 2013, 10:26:38 PM

He ABSOLUTELY was, but, he is currently a Buc....so the history cleared and we need to look at it from a completely different angle.

Can't bring that judgmental attitude to a current Buc, now can we?

Absolutely not.... well, unless it serves your agenda.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#66 : April 04, 2013, 10:43:23 PM

Agenda...ignorance...either works.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#67 : April 04, 2013, 11:17:36 PM

So glad we didn't have this attitude when Mike Williams was still on the board in the 4th round about 3 years ago....

Two totally different situations. Mike Williams had a communication issue, and a problem with academics, but he always loved the game and his team/school. He has not been a repeat offender and he never had a bad or selfish attitude. His college coaches stood for him. You're not going to find any of Tyrann's coaches doing that for him. They gave him chances and he just pissed on them. That is his history. He needs a veteran team to keep him in line. The Bucs are too young to have to deal with the potential trouble this guy will surely bring.

Barber? A vet team wouldn't matter. The Steelers had that and Big Ben well we all know about him.

spurzo

Second String

#68 : April 04, 2013, 11:55:38 PM

There's no way he's an outside CB, he got burned by taller receivers in college... BUT I think he could be quite a good slot corner, he has some of the most fluid hips of all the cb's in the draft and is extremely quick.  Also, he's a very good blitzer for a DB that could be a great weapon for d coordinators.  Considering the increasing value of the slot corner I'd be amazed if he made it out of the third round.  I don't think we can draft him though because we've gotta handle the first two corner spots before handling the slot.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#69 : April 20, 2013, 04:51:05 PM

Bump

You must be accountable for your actions!

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#70 : April 20, 2013, 04:54:11 PM

That's it? Just bump?

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#71 : April 20, 2013, 05:05:01 PM

Some poster just started another HB thread so I thought I would help a fellow poster out...

You must be accountable for your actions!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#72 : April 24, 2013, 03:46:24 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000162915/article/tyrann-mathieu-backpedals-on-party-poster-invitation

Mathieu is apparently having himself a nice little draft party tomorrow. No, not like some pizza and wings for family and close friends, apparently a party he is advertising at some sort of club or restaurant.

I'm good with this kid. He seemed to be doing all the right things but the guy just doesn't get it. As I said in a previous post I got slammed for, he is who he is and there is no changing for him.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#73 : April 24, 2013, 04:04:47 PM

I'm done with troubled corners.

I'm OK with greedy, but troubled(?), nope...done with that crap.

Wright can't kick rocks fast enough, and thank budda/Allah/god/baby Jesus that talib is gone (that was one hell of a party).

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#74 : April 24, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

"doing weed" lol

-Chase

Our fans suck!
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu works out for Buccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools