Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu works out for Buccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9

youngone

Hall of Famer
#90 : April 24, 2013, 09:52:07 PM

Apparently he thinks he's getting drafted in the 1st round, or else it will be some kind of 72 hour rave.
Lol Probably ditched the weed for the molly..

72 hour rave? I'm in. Now, where did I put my LED rave gloves...

Lets roll

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#91 : April 24, 2013, 10:14:39 PM

Apparently he thinks he's getting drafted in the 1st round, or else it will be some kind of 72 hour rave.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#92 : April 24, 2013, 10:20:36 PM

I'd have no problem using a 3rd on this kid.  If we can waste a 3rd on Myron Lewis, I'm willing to risk a 3rd on that this kid has the tools, and the people surrounding him, to keep headed in the right direction.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#93 : April 24, 2013, 10:35:46 PM

I'd have no problem using a 3rd on this kid.  If we can waste a 3rd on Myron Lewis, I'm willing to risk a 3rd on that this kid has the tools, and the people surrounding him, to keep headed in the right direction.
I'll take Honeybadger over Myron Lewis any day, at least he can do more than just sit on the bench for 16/weeks out of the year.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#94 : April 24, 2013, 10:41:46 PM

The needs to be re-titled "Jason Vorhees attacks Kegger".

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#95 : April 25, 2013, 08:10:11 AM

Mathieu is a guy who might be a tad undersized but is someone...MUCH LIKE AHMAD BLACK...who plays larger than his size. Mathieu seems to been in a place all the time where big turnovers happen.

These type of guys are worth the risk

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#96 : April 25, 2013, 09:22:29 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000162915/article/tyrann-mathieu-backpedals-on-party-poster-invitation

Mathieu is apparently having himself a nice little draft party tomorrow. No, not like some pizza and wings for family and close friends, apparently a party he is advertising at some sort of club or restaurant.

I'm good with this kid. He seemed to be doing all the right things but the guy just doesn't get it. As I said in a previous post I got slammed for, he is who he is and there is no changing for him.

So dude wants to throw himself a party for overcoming the odds and getting drafted and thats a problem?

When you're trying to convince your potential boss that you have kicked your drug habbit, yes, it's a problem.

Exactly, you get it. Can a normal guy throw himself a party? Sure. Can a guy with a major drug problem and numerous failed drug tests throw himself a party? No. Especially consider Mathieu has been trying to convince the NFL that he's a changed man, he's matured and left that part of his life in the past. Not everyone gets treated the same and because of previous actions, this young man does not have the ability to be given the benefit of the doubt anymore.

To those of you who think this means nothing, get your head out of the sand. What do you think he's going to be doing here? Drinking diet soda and eating popcorn?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

flaitguy

Starter
#97 : April 25, 2013, 09:37:15 AM

Give that guy a big paycheck and he will be at strip joints every night. we dont need that kind on the team.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#98 : April 25, 2013, 10:36:33 AM

Give that guy a big paycheck and he will be at strip joints every night. we dont need that kind on the team.

This was what people said last year as a reason to not take Janoris Jenkins and so far the Rams are ELATED they got him....not everyone is cut and dry....some kids have a bad past but clean it up when they go pro

Not everyone turns into Pac Man Jones or  Tanard Jackson when they turn pro

Some players smoke dope in college and turn into MODEL NFL players....some players never touched the stuff in college and turn into a POT HEAD when they go pro (because they never experimented with it before) a la Ricky Williams

So this logic is flawed....draft him in the third if you think he will help the team

I know your comment wasnt about drugs...but that is his rap...and Honstly I can imagine a high % of the Bucs active roster NOW go to Mons Venus....

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#99 : April 25, 2013, 10:39:48 AM

Its not against NFL policy for a player to go to strip joints

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#100 : April 25, 2013, 10:45:08 AM

You take a problem kid that has proven to be immature and irresponsible, and/or has a substance abuse problem....and you give him a few hundred thousand dollars....odds are he will fuqup. That is reality. If Jenkins stays out of trouble then that is awesome for him, but that makes him the exception, not the rule.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#101 : April 25, 2013, 10:48:58 AM

Its not against NFL policy for a player to go to strip joints

It's not, but it's also not a smart idea for someone who is trying to clean himself up. In general you want to surround yourself with good people, I worry he isn't mature enough to tell the hangers on to take a hike. People will try to drag him down, he'll have enough trouble staying out of his own way.

- Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#102 : April 25, 2013, 10:50:15 AM

It's the reason we worked him out, to get to know him better. Do we feel he's really changed? Or do we think he's putting on an act to get paid. Same with Mike William's. We felt he had really changed, we drafted him and it paid off. Talib had not changed and it burned us.

- Everyone

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#103 : April 25, 2013, 10:56:18 AM

I think that Wilson, Banks, Ryan, or Amerson will be the corner we pick up in the draft.

Dom, Schiano, and Stokes love big DBs so I'll be surprised if they draft one of the smallest

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#104 : April 25, 2013, 10:57:39 AM

lol Jasons a beast.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu works out for Buccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools