Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu works out for Buccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 04, 2013, 01:43:03 PM

"He's undersized. His ceiling might be a nickel corner. I don't care if he's scrappy in run support and has good football instincts. If he's there in round 3, I won't take him." - said the guy who passed on Ronde Barber 17 years ago.

that about sums it up

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Freeman

Starter

#31 : April 04, 2013, 01:44:03 PM

Totally agree. You're still a kid at 23.

Listening to Mathieu's interviews, he doesn't come across as completely genuine to me. I hope that he does fix his problems, though.

That's my problem, doesn't seem to have learned from his mistakes, also at 23 you should be smart enough to learn from your mistakes. 23 is a full grown inexperienced man, period.
he's 20
Born: 05/13/1992

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 04, 2013, 01:47:06 PM

Well, Hell - that changes things.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 04, 2013, 01:51:13 PM

23 is a full grown inexperienced man, period.

Speak for yourself. Some folks are forced to grow up faster than others, but most 23 year olds are inexperienced, immature, naive, irresponsible and have no clue about life. If you don't buy that, watch MTV for like 5 minutes.

Also, this kid in question isn't 23. He is 20. Not even old enough to legally have a beer. I'm not even a fan of the guy, but it's ridiculous to act all high and mighty shouting from your soap box how he should know better. Most folks, including myself, spend their early 20s making bad decision after bad decision....partying too much...and basically enjoying their youth and freedom. Sorry if you didn't, but it is completely normal.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 04, 2013, 01:51:51 PM

Totally agree. You're still a kid at 23.

Listening to Mathieu's interviews, he doesn't come across as completely genuine to me. I hope that he does fix his problems, though.

That's my problem, doesn't seem to have learned from his mistakes, also at 23 you should be smart enough to learn from your mistakes. 23 is a full grown inexperienced man, period.
he's 20

Well that shoots my theory to hell. Draft him!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 04, 2013, 01:58:34 PM

I was married with a kid and a career at 20. Can I throw the first stone?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 04, 2013, 02:00:05 PM

23 is a full grown inexperienced man, period.

Speak for yourself. Some folks are forced to grow up faster than others, but most 23 year olds are inexperienced, immature, naive, irresponsible and have no clue about life. If you don't buy that, watch MTV for like 5 minutes.

Also, this kid in question isn't 23. He is 20. Not even old enough to legally have a beer. I'm not even a fan of the guy, but it's ridiculous to act all high and mighty shouting from your soap box how he should know better. Most folks, including myself, spend their early 20s making bad decision after bad decision....partying too much...and basically enjoying their youth and freedom. Sorry if you didn't, but it is completely normal.

No, believe me I did. My bad decisions were doing that extra shot or the blonde at the bar. A bad decision maker is a bad decision maker regardless of his age. Maybe you're right and he will grow out of it. You grew out of it, why? You were likely forced to get a job and start being responsible. He life won't change majorly from college. He'll wake up in the morning and workout, watch tape. go to practice and go home. Oh and he'll now have a lot more money. That doesn't really force you to become more responsible. Like I said, that routine isn't all that different from what it was before he got thrown off the team.

Why do you think teams look into these young players so much? Because they still have a ton of free time and now much more money and being a professional athlete doesn't demand more responsibility like grinding a 9-5.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 04, 2013, 02:01:01 PM

Me too... but I'm pretty sure I still haven't matured 28 years later.  lol

I didn't feel like an 'full grown adult' until I was 26 or 27...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 04, 2013, 02:04:04 PM

Me too... but I'm pretty sure I still haven't matured 28 years later.  lol

I didn't feel like an 'full grown adult' until I was 26 or 27...

I feel ya. Im pretty sure my career, wife, and 1st kid were al lthe result of being young and dumb. Not that I regret any of them. BUt ya, you do dumb **CENSORED** well into your 20s.

I got it.

Lets only draft guys approaching 30. That way were sure to get mature individuals!

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 04, 2013, 02:13:06 PM

Quote from: BucNY
Quote from: The Freeman
Well that shoots my theory to hell. Draft him!

Lmao.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 04, 2013, 02:13:16 PM

After all the crap from Talib, you would think all of the "mature" members of this board would have learned a lesson. He can't defend against tall receivers and he has character issues. Why would anybody want him at any price?

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 04, 2013, 02:37:36 PM

Quote from: 1sparkybuc
After all the crap from Talib, you would think all of the "mature" members of this board would have learned a lesson. He can't defend against tall receivers and he has character issues. Why would anybody want him at any price?

If Mathieu didn't have these character concerns, he would never had been kicked off the team and he'd be drafted in the first round a few weeks from now. The talent is there for us to draft him, I don't care about his height. He [Tyrann Mathieu] himself has said he has a support system in Florida and feels comfortable here. He could be a bonehead, but I'd be happy to see Mark taking some chances. With a first rounder, not a fan of that, probably not a second rounder either, but a 3rd or later... that's when you take your shots. Sometimes they pay off (Mike Williams), sometimes they don't.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#42 : April 04, 2013, 02:37:59 PM

All philosophical debate aside, I'm beginning to think he's worth a 3rd.

He shows good technique in the drills, willing to support the run D and if I remember correctly was effective rushing the passer as a slot blitzer.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#43 : April 04, 2013, 02:38:15 PM

Greg Reid >  Mathieu.  Both have off the field issues.  Both have great return ability.  Both are about the same size.  Reid is a better cover corner and is tough in run support.  Plus Reid can be had later in the draft.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#44 : April 04, 2013, 03:05:31 PM

I think he's gonna a Buccaneer, 3rd round is a perfect spot.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu works out for Buccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools