Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons release Clabo - Ryan extension coming soon? « previous next »
Page: 1

Snook

Hall of Famer

: April 04, 2013, 02:19:18 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/04/thomas-dimitroff-somethings-around-the-corner-with-matt-ryan/#comment-2446436

Couple of things on this.  It must be noted that's 2 starting O-lineman gone from the Falcons this season.  Clabo is an interesting option at RT for the Bucs, in my opinion. 

As for the rest of the Falcons, this team clearly knows their window is closing.  The signings of 30+ old Osi and Jackson are last ditch attempts to win a Super Bowl and have something to show for the last 5 winning seasons.

The Falcons are already in cap trouble - and like the Bucs, have no CBs (other than aging Samuel).  The contract extension of Ryan will be huge and will most likely tie up their cap for years to come.

This is one team the Bucs must bring down in 2013.  And I say sign Clabo at a reasonable price.  He's a better option than Dotson. 

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 04, 2013, 02:43:54 PM

Clabo would be an interesting option. Dotson was signed at a swing tackle price so no need to worry aboht what hes getting paid. Clabo seems to be declining some though so im not sure what all he has left. Hes in his 30s so it could go either way.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#2 : April 04, 2013, 02:54:52 PM

Was wondering when we would see "sign Clabo" threads.

Is he really an upgrade at RT...his best year was in 2010.  Since then his play has gone downhill.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 04, 2013, 03:01:22 PM

Better in the run game, which fits our needs and despite his age would be an upgrade. If they can make the $ work he would a good fit at a position that needs help.

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#4 : April 04, 2013, 03:15:22 PM

only 31 i'd take him at RT for sure

Go Bucs

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 04, 2013, 03:20:12 PM

Wonder if the falcons are regretting trading the farm Julio Jones.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 04, 2013, 04:44:28 PM

Was wondering when we would see "sign Clabo" threads.

Is he really an upgrade at RT...his best year was in 2010.  Since then his play has gone downhill.
He's still very good.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 04, 2013, 05:00:42 PM

Not sure how high Dom values drafting OL but if they don't upgrade RT in FA they can snatch Fluker in first round that would be a great move.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons release Clabo - Ryan extension coming soon? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools