Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which teams seem to have the best drafting skills ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 07, 2013, 11:50:31 AM

Based on last year draft. The Bucs. 3 immediate starters with 1st 3 picks. That's some good drafting IMO.
when a 4-12 team drafts two first rounders and a second rounder they are expected to be instant starters. 

danlowe748

Starter

#16 : April 07, 2013, 11:56:58 AM

Based on last year draft. The Bucs. 3 immediate starters with 1st 3 picks. That's some good drafting IMO.
when a 4-12 team drafts two first rounders and a second rounder they are expected to be instant starters.

They damn sure better start on that pathetic roster.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 07, 2013, 11:56:59 AM

Hopefully Dom can do a repeat performance on the years draft, that he did last year.

Yes, it's interesting how having new people in the building suddenly improved his drafting skills.

I hear ya.  I have had my su**CENSORED**ions Butch Davis does more than scout opponents.
his Browns drafts were horrible.  You are giving him way too much credit.  The guy did a good job recruiting talent at UNC but considering all the players that got drafted from that program they never really accomplished much as a football team.  He was basically a 8-5 coach. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 07, 2013, 03:20:40 PM

Hopefully Dom can do a repeat performance on the years draft, that he did last year.

Yes, it's interesting how having new people in the building suddenly improved his drafting skills.

I hear ya.  I have had my su**CENSORED**ions Butch Davis does more than scout opponents.
his Browns drafts were horrible.  You are giving him way too much credit.  The guy did a good job recruiting talent at UNC but considering all the players that got drafted from that program they never really accomplished much as a football team.  He was basically a 8-5 coach.

And I think you undervalue him. Who had success with the Browns in the modern era? Butch had them in the playoffs his first year there.  He had Dwight Clark as GM, and he was horrible.

He was D-line coach at Miami........Hurricanes win national championship.

He was DC for the Cowboys.......2 Super Bowl wins

Back to the Hurricanes as head coach.....   

A 51-20 record overall, with the Canes being rated as high as #2 in the country. But because of sanctions against his predecessor, Dennis Erickson,  he lost  31 scholarships     and  no postseason play despite a 11-1 record one year.

If his settlement with NC didn't prevent him from having a coaching position, I think he would be high up in the Bucs coaching ranks.
: April 07, 2013, 03:22:22 PM The Anti-Java

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which teams seem to have the best drafting skills ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools