Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Charles Woodson: Iím considered ancient, teams arenít calling me « previous next »
Page: 1

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

ę : April 05, 2013, 06:58:00 PM Ľ

Free agent defensive back Charles Woodson says NFL teams think heís too old, and thatís why he remains unemployed six weeks after the Packers cut him.

ďIím 36, so of course Iím considered ancient in the game right now, and teams are looking for younger players and trying to make their rosters younger,Ē Woodson said on NFL AM. ďIf youíre an older guy they kind of push you to the side, and theyíll maybe look at you much later on down the road, when I guess they figure they can get you much cheaper.Ē

Woodson says his camp has put out word that heís interested in finding a new team, but so far that interest hasnít been reciprocated.

ďNothing right now, nothing substantial. Iím just waiting around. We put feelers out, just to see where everybodyís at, but thereís not much right now,Ē Woodson said.

The season is still five months away, and thereís still a good chance that some team will bring Woodson in this year. But right now, Woodson is right: 36-year-olds are low priorities for NFL teams

My favorite comment on this story: Bucs should call this guy up. Then Woodson and Barber can mix up each others pill organizers.

I lol'd

Call him, Dom.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

ę #1 : April 05, 2013, 07:06:50 PM Ľ

I remember when our fanbase didn't want Gruden to bring him in because he was another oakland guy...

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

ę #2 : April 05, 2013, 07:34:03 PM Ľ

I've always been a fan of his...let's pick him up...WhyTF not..?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

ę #3 : April 05, 2013, 07:47:27 PM Ľ

For a reasonable price, I'd be OK with it.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Jutt

Starter
ę #4 : April 05, 2013, 07:53:13 PM Ľ

Wheres he gonna play though?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

ę #5 : April 05, 2013, 08:06:48 PM Ľ

Philly maybe.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
ę #6 : April 05, 2013, 08:16:50 PM Ľ

I definitely think some team should get him, but not us. We don't 2 old CBs who can't keep up in man to man anymore.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

ę #7 : April 06, 2013, 09:40:58 AM Ľ

I remember when our fanbase didn't want Gruden to bring him in because he was another oakland guy...

See I remember it differently. Most were ecstatic at the prospect of adding Woodson to play FS(at the time). His signing was extremely close too, he had dinner with Allen and Gruden the night before he signed in Green Bay. We just didn't offer him enough cash. The fan had nothing to do with it, even of they did more people wanted to sign him than not.

This guy...

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

ę #8 : April 06, 2013, 10:27:00 AM Ľ

I definitely think some team should get him, but not us. We don't 2 old CBs who can't keep up in man to man anymore.

Arthritis.

Seriously, he's at the point he's wearing velcro strap shoes and sports a life-alert necklace in case he falls down.

Still, just to bring him in cheap, with the intention of having him teach the rooks about the game (on the field) would be a good thing.

youngone

Hall of Famer

ę #9 : April 06, 2013, 10:36:33 AM Ľ

I've always been a fan of his...let's pick him up...WhyTF not..?

I would bring him in for a cheap deal

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

ę #10 : April 06, 2013, 10:44:12 AM Ľ

See I remember it differently. Most were ecstatic at the prospect of adding Woodson to play FS(at the time). His signing was extremely close too, he had dinner with Allen and Gruden the night before he signed in Green Bay. We just didn't offer him enough cash. The fan had nothing to do with it, even of they did more people wanted to sign him than not.
That was 2006.  The fanbase I remember were calling Bruce Allen Gruden's puppet.  Charley Garner and Tim Brown set the tone for former raiders here in Tampa as unwanted.  I remember wondering why there was such opposition...

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Charles Woodson: Iím considered ancient, teams arenít calling me « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools