Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The OTHER option at Cornerback « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 06, 2013, 08:47:18 PM

True.  Stopping the run is great, but not if it's because everyone is throwing for 350 ypg.

Just like the defense under Raheem was good at stopping the pass but only because teams could run at will.

Either way, both of those defenses are equally useless.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 07, 2013, 02:58:57 PM

I hope you seriously don't think drafting several day 2-3 CBs to be our starters is a sound plan.

I didn't back us into this corner, but now we are here and the only options are rookies in this draft. Is it ideal? Hell no. But there are no more FA options, so what else can you do?

Since I feel the guys I listed are every bit as good as Milliner, Rhodes, Banks, Ryan, Poyer, and Trufant....I don't think drafting a CB in the 1st and/or 2nd is necessary. I think we might be better off getting a great pass rusher early, and taking multiple CBs in the mid rounds. People are so emotionally scared by our horrible secondary last year that they think we have to over compensate and pay Revis a king's ransom now, like that is the only way we will be better...but the truth is, if QBs weren't sitting comfortably in the pocket all day with all the time in the world to make multiple reads and accurate throws.....then we could be MUCH better by simply adding two GOOD corners instead of overpaying one GREAT corner. (and nobody even knows if he is great anymore) I guess my point is, if we can get consistent pressure on the QB, a good secondary can look great.

Draft Aaron Donald

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 07, 2013, 06:37:09 PM

That's how the Bucs defenses that were great used to work. If you pressure the QB he has to make a quick decision and your zone corners jump on the early routes.

Without the pressure on the QB the corners can't be aggressive and that's fatal.

Even the best corners can only cover for 3 seconds, which was obvious last year is a disaster with Schiano's defense.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 07, 2013, 06:53:13 PM

That's how the Bucs defenses that were great used to work.

great, so we just need to find the best ever UT, the best ever WLB, and a HOF caliber DE to go with our HOF caliber S and our HOF caliber CB.  no problem.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 07, 2013, 06:59:18 PM

great, so we just need to find the best ever UT, the best ever WLB, and a HOF caliber DE to go with our HOF caliber S and our HOF caliber CB.  no problem.

Piece of cake !!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 07, 2013, 07:04:45 PM

I'm glad we're all in agreement!

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 07, 2013, 07:43:28 PM

They have already drafted them Gmac and David. If they just draft one great CB this year and don't piss away draft picks on a 30 year old man the future will be bright.

If they trade for Revis it is a sign of desperation.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 07, 2013, 07:51:01 PM

They have already drafted them Gmac and David. If they just draft one great CB this year and don't piss away draft picks on a 30 year old man the future will be bright.

"The future is so bright .....I gotta wear shades, man " - Jon Gruden

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 07, 2013, 07:52:38 PM

How is trading for the best DB in the nfl desperation?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 07, 2013, 07:58:16 PM

He is going to be a free agent in 12 months. And he can't even run right now and nobody knows if he will ever be good again let alone great.

I firmly stand by my comment. This could be a home run and it could be Bo Jackson.

Why do you think ZERO other teams are considering this trade?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 07, 2013, 08:43:31 PM

We have McCoy and David. We just an elite pass rusher like Simeon Rice.

I love Barber, Lynch, and Brian Kelly....but none of them have ever been elite. Just good solid dependable football players....which is all we need now in our secondary....as long as we fix that pass rush.

Also, Goldson and Barron might end up being the best safety duo we've ever had. That helps our corners even more.
: April 07, 2013, 08:45:24 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The OTHER option at Cornerback « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools