Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Demon? Cholesterol « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 09, 2013, 02:17:12 PM

So what's the big attraction in trying to scratch a couple of extra years out of life?
all the hot chicks that will fall at me feet offering their vaginas. It may not happen today but one day it will and I'll be damned if I'm going to ruin it by eating bacon and drinking beer. If it happened to David in the bible then it can happen to me right?

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 11, 2013, 03:46:34 PM

"I know of some 30-yr olds who died of heart attack."

I know of one poster I'd like to see join them.

lolz - just one?

I have to be careful, Morgana might report me to the Lollipop Guild, again.
: April 11, 2013, 03:51:31 PM Durango 95

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 11, 2013, 03:50:48 PM

So what's the big attraction in trying to scratch a couple of extra years out of life?
all the hot chicks that will fall at me feet offering their vaginas. It may not happen today but one day it will and I'll be damned if I'm going to ruin it by eating bacon and drinking beer. If it happened to David in the bible then it can happen to me right?

;)

Runole

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 11, 2013, 10:32:51 PM

Proper diet, exercise, and taking certain medications can extend a life 30-50 yrs.

Define proper diet?   

Exercise- definitely agree.

taking medications- Disagree.   All medications do is mask symptoms. They don't cure anything. All have side effects.   30 to 50 years?  TOTAL BS!

I ask again if you are over 60 are you pharmaceutical free?    If you asked that question about 40 or 50 years ago the answer given would be astounding.

As others have mentioned. The average American is totally brainwashed by the Big Pharma , the AMA and the food industry.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#19 : April 12, 2013, 07:09:26 AM

Proper diet, exercise, and taking certain medications can extend a life 30-50 yrs.

taking medications- Disagree.   All medications do is mask symptoms. They don't cure anything. All have side effects.   30 to 50 years?  TOTAL BS!

Yeah - tell that to someone w/ diabetes, clueless-one.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#20 : April 12, 2013, 09:16:23 AM

Tell that to my heartburn......I love you, omeprazole.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 12, 2013, 03:49:43 PM

So if I take some drug like insulin one time I never have to worry about diabetes again.  Correct ?   talk about clueless.    LOL   Like I said carrying insulin may keep you from keep you from going into diabetic shock but again it doesn't cure the disease.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 12, 2013, 03:56:23 PM

What is your background because you are very misguided.

If someone with adult onset diabetes takes an oral antihypoglycemic agent like metformin or glyburide, they possibly can live decades longer than if they didn't take anything for their adult onset diabetes.

I sure hope you're not in a position to influence people around you because you're definitely dangerous.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 12, 2013, 07:02:52 PM

What is your background because you are very misguided.

If someone with adult onset diabetes takes an oral antihypoglycemic agent like metformin or glyburide, they possibly can live decades longer than if they didn't take anything for their adult onset diabetes.

I sure hope you're not in a position to influence people around you because you're definitely dangerous.

The point that seems to escape you is that insulin or those drugs don't cure Diabetes.   Not dangerous at all. you just have this mistaken idea that taking drugs cure diseases. They don't.

What is the cause of onset diabetes?     Perhaps you need to research this a bit?  Hint: it is consuming too much of some white stuff that makes things sweet and eventually your pancreas can't handle the overload.

Understand, I am not stating that when one has diabetes that they need to stop taking those drugs. I am just stating the fact that they don't cure the disease.

So how many pharmaceuticals are you taking?
: April 12, 2013, 07:04:23 PM Runole

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 12, 2013, 07:32:01 PM

Find one post where I used the word "cure".  I said they extend the life up to 30-50 yrs and you dismissed it.

Clueless one.

You're a sadist. You'd have people go without their medications to watch them suffer for your own pleasure.
: April 12, 2013, 07:34:46 PM Morgan

Runole

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 12, 2013, 11:19:15 PM

Find one post where I used the word "cure".  I said they extend the life up to 30-50 yrs and you dismissed it.

Clueless one.

You're a sadist. You'd have people go without their medications to watch them suffer for your own pleasure.
'"

Sadist?   Good lord!  Just because I think there are better ways to dealing with health issues than popping a pill or getting a shot?  I ask again if you are over 60 are you pharmaceutical free? I have a feeling I already know the answer to that question. ;)

I have never stated that people should go without medications but at the same time I don't think the evidence is overwhelming that many medications aren't worse than the symptoms they are hiding.

So are you declaring that everyone with diabetes will extend their live 30 -50 years?   I would love to see that research that you obviously made up.

I think people in general need to quit being such hypochondriacs.   I think it is amazing of the amount of people over 60 years that have been put on some pharmaceutical for the rest of their life compared to those 30  or 40 years ago. Life expectancy has not changed that much but being miserable for the last 20 years of one's life due to side effects of these pharmaceuticals doesn't seem like the greatest trade off.  I don't believe in the adage better living through taking Pharmaceuticals.   Hey, I readily admit I am a minority due the immense machine promoting this solution.   That doesn't mean I am wrong or dangerous.  I just don't put the medical profession on the pedestal you seem to.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 12, 2013, 11:24:31 PM

Wasting away in a nursing home, staving off death on a daily basis, that's isn't a life, it's just an existence. No thanks.

Well put.  I recently had a close friend with an inoperable cancer that was given less than 6 months to live. JMO but I would have just asked to be put on morphine for the pain instead they made the guys remaining days a living hell ( chemo and radiation) since last September. He died a few weeks ago.   Horrible! All about the Benjamin's!

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 13, 2013, 08:32:10 AM

I know of some 30-yr olds who died of heart attack. Bet their families care. I also have hit the tennis courts w 80 yo athletes who are 4.0 USTA. You seem to have a narrow point of reference.

Someone dies that young with a heart attack, they are either on drugs/steroids, have an underlying problem, a birth defect, or some very very bad genetics.

Yes it happens. People have even died from a heart attack in their teens. But it's rare.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 13, 2013, 08:48:48 AM

Arteriosclerosis from poor diet, genetics, hypertension, and tobacco use can cause heart attacks as early as 20-30 yrs of age. People with hypercholeterolemia because of genetics can benefit from lipid-reducing agents and antihypertensives, and prolong their life.  Happens every day in clinics and hospitals. Anyone that states that all these gov't, pharm, and commercial enterprises are scamming the public are suffering from a severe case of paranoia.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 13, 2013, 09:23:59 AM

Yeah that must be why those drugs cost many, many times more here than anywhere else in the world. Big Pharm ain't ripping no one off.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Demon? Cholesterol « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools