Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: D.J. Hayden to the Bucs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#30 : April 18, 2013, 11:11:04 PM

trade 1st for revis, hayden in the 2nd... done

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 18, 2013, 11:40:52 PM

@BuckyBrooks: I keep hearing the buzz about DJ Hayden rising up the charts, but I talked to several scouts who can't imagine him going high w/med. history

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 19, 2013, 12:02:19 AM

SR wrote about Hayden back in November! Props to my boss.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8475:srs-fab-5-11-2

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 19, 2013, 08:09:58 AM

wow....just wow.

Its not a medical risk and he has no further risk of reinjuring anything other than his sternum. Even then, its only until its not fully healed. No different than any other broken bone and has less chance of being broken again because it wasnt an actual break or fracture...it was cut. Worse case scenario hes light duty during the offseason workouts. There is no injury issue or health issue. If his bone/cartilage is healed, hes 100% healthy end of story. No risk of a future injury due to this. Guys with joint/ligament injuries are a million times more of a risk than this kid.

Its like winning the lotto. Your odds of winning again don't go up just because it happened once.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 19, 2013, 11:06:01 AM

Bowers went from best prospect in the draft to 2nd round flier because he had a knee surgery. Now this guy flies up the boards knowing his IVC was almost torn in half less than one year ago, really? Bowers was labeled a one contract guy as he knee wouldn't hold up. He has had literally ZERO problem with his knee. Wow, seems like people just get it stuck their head and can't let it go.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

utbuc

Second String

#35 : April 19, 2013, 09:53:11 PM

I think if he is there in the 2nd we take him he is mayocks top ranked corner

JRbuc55

Rookie
#36 : April 19, 2013, 10:02:59 PM

Hope he's there in the 2nd! We know Dom won't be afraid to move up if he likes him enough.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 19, 2013, 10:36:36 PM

I doubt he last until the 2nd.  Some team will roll the dice on him early in the draft. I am not sure Dom is quite ready for another project like that, so soon after Bowers.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Sailing2smth

Starter

#38 : April 19, 2013, 10:47:37 PM

Can't wait for the draft to be over and minicamps/training camps to begin.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 20, 2013, 03:35:41 AM

Bowers went from best prospect in the draft to 2nd round flier because he had a knee surgery. Now this guy flies up the boards knowing his IVC was almost torn in half less than one year ago, really? Bowers was labeled a one contract guy as he knee wouldn't hold up. He has had literally ZERO problem with his knee. Wow, seems like people just get it stuck their head and can't let it go.

One was a f reak accident that would be the equivelent of being struck twice by lightning if it happened again. The other had an injury that has potential to to shorten his career.

Theres a big differnece there. A knee injury has a ridiculously higher chance of effecting a guys career over. A torn ivc has nothing to do with longterm health or athletic ability. Theres no genetic disorder making it more fragile than the next guy.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: D.J. Hayden to the Bucs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools