Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vladimir Lenin meets MSNBC & your local University « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#45 : April 11, 2013, 08:22:31 PM

No rationalization needed ....anyone who has objectively studied either will tell you there is nothing fascist about Mises or Hayek's philosophies.  But it's not surprising this is what you'd attempt to do. These are the same sort of connections Rush tries to make , like when he ties Obama to the crazy Reverend Wright's beliefs - beacuse he once attended the church .

Starting the see the similiaraties yet ? LOL

Now carry on , Comrade Rush.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#46 : April 11, 2013, 08:26:07 PM

"you have a bone to pick with my ideals. Tough Shlt , princess. Save it for the next time I'm actually attempting some sort of political or philosophical commentary ...at which point I will take your whiny ass to the woodshed."

No, not next time. This time. Let's hear it.

Despite your bluster you haven't even come close to taking me to any woodshed and I doubt you ever will. But in the event that you do, then I will be happy to have learned something. In fact I can tell that since the time I've even bothered to notice you on this forum nearly every assumption you've made about my political opinions has been entirely wrong. But, no matter. Feel free to take me to the woodshed.

Now all you have to do is figure out where to start. Good luck w/ that. I can see you're going to need it.

LOL , why would I waste my time ? You are the one with the issue, remember ? ...... so , come at me bro .

But remember , contrary to what you seem to believe , you can't hide your stupidity behind pointlessly verbose non sequiturs . Good Luck.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#47 : April 11, 2013, 08:42:18 PM

No - these are not OUR children.  They are the children of their parents who are influenced by others.  The family unit is a  subset of an overall society that has rules and mores - hopefully

No - whole communities do not own the family's children.  The children are members of a family, and again the family unit is a subset of an overall society.

Breaking up the family unit to create ownership of a child via a communal setting is inconsistent with the family unit. 

As for what Ms. Clinton offered - I believe she was establishing contributions a "village" makes toward the development of a family's children - rather than ownership. jmvho

so was the professor. It's highlighted in green.  I think your comments above are right on, but they have little or nothing to do with the point the professor was making, even if not well made.

The scary thing is Vin that she was talking in terms of the collective and not the community. Again, it could all be a poor choice of words as CBW says, but it demonstrates a mind set and we have already seen how this Govt will behave for the "common good."

All a "collective" is is a group of entities that are motivated by a common issue or interest, or work together on a specific project to achieve a common goal. When referring to a specific project, i.e. public education, the use of the word collective is more accurate than "community", because a community is simply a group of people living in close proximity to one another or share a common culture or heritage. A community of people may not necessarily be working towards a common goal, but a collective denotes a group of individuals working towards a common goal. You guys sure do scare easily. The cold war is over, fellas.

If you are talking about the adjective I agree 100%, but this is a Political Science Professor, so what chances do you think she is using the word as an adjective? She was using it as a noun, hence the inclusion of the word "the".

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#48 : April 11, 2013, 08:50:40 PM

No rationalization needed ....anyone who has objectively studied either will tell you there is nothing fascist about Mises or Hayek's philosophies. 

So von Mises wasn't a member of a fascist government that applauded the notion that fascism had saved Western Europe? Hayek didn't express his support of a fascist dictator and state that he preferred a fascist dictatorship to a democracy that did not support economic liberalism?

You've now graduated from shameless rationalization to outright denial. Rush would be proud.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#49 : April 11, 2013, 08:55:43 PM

"..... so , come at me bro ."

The ideologue lays splayed on the canvas, attempting a few last words of supple defiance .

gone

Hall of Famer
#50 : April 11, 2013, 09:01:05 PM

It's amazing that anyone is trying to characterize her comments as benign.  What she's talking about isn't primarily about education, that is secondary.  She's talking about a conceptual transfer of "ownership" of children.  The statement "we need to invest more in education" can be, and often has been made, without involving her use of the property concept.  Responsibility doesn't exist in a vacuum.  It is inevitably paired with authority.  If you are going to take the responsibility of raising kids away from parents (and hand it to the government and well meaning "experts" like herself presumably) you also need to take the authority needed to meet that responsibility.  An authority that she and her friends will undoutably be more than happy to exercise on behalf of the children, "for their own good".  This is the minset she is advocating, and deliberately so.  The biggest hurdle the liberal/progressive movement faces in the future is the nuclear and extended family structures.

That is why it is creepy and Orwellian, and has bugged people for a long time.  It's a mindset that has been held by every modern dictatiorship, whether communist or fascist. And Vin, as someone who I've heard is allegedly a lawyer, you should know better than to ignore the importance of the rationale behind laws and decisions.  Just like the fact that we spend money on cancer patients is often used as justification for laws banning smoking (and other behaviors), so too will the "investments" (nice newspeak there from both the professor and CBW there) and the 'responsibility" be used to justify ever more intrusion and co-opting of parental authority.   

And CBW, nice quoting job, but totally irrelevant to what she was talking about.  Spending on education isn't something that is being debated.  And here's a little newsflash -- we already spend more per student on education than any other country, and nobody begrudges spending it -- although many are pretty pissed off about the craptastic results we've been getting lately. 

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#51 : April 11, 2013, 09:34:58 PM

"She's talking about a conceptual transfer of "ownership" of children. "

Well if she is then she's doing a crappy job of it.

If your concern is about the far reaching effects of government into our daily lives I wouldn't spend much time trying to put this argument forth as an example.

** Nor would I bother dividing it along political lines. As I've said before that's a fools errand. A diversion. A ruse. Divide and conquer.
: April 11, 2013, 09:39:39 PM Durango 95

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#52 : April 12, 2013, 07:21:48 AM

"..... so , come at me bro ."

The ideologue lays splayed on the canvas, attempting a few last words of supple defiance .

The psuedo-intellect , laid bare and exposed , once again resorts to empty verbosity in a desperate attempt to hide his ineptitude.

: April 12, 2013, 03:20:52 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#53 : April 12, 2013, 11:16:45 AM

Deloris is like the PeanutButterBoy is a lot of ways.  Usually neither has any idea they are getting massacred.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#54 : April 12, 2013, 01:40:49 PM

"what does my admittance that CBW really does sound a lot like Rush Limbaugh have to do AT ALL with my level of libertarianism ?"

CBW sounds 100% antithetical to Limbaugh so why you keep trying to make that connection is only something you can answer. Why the hell are you asking me to explain why you keep saying the same stupid crap over and over again, I have no idea. The whole subject of Limbaugh would be alien to any clear thinking libertarian person as they would recognize him for what he is, a business man & entertainer that plays to a niche audience. Wake up and wipe the sleep out of your eyes, Dorothy.

The comparison was made because of CBW's penchant for rationalizing everything his side does from a ridiculously obvious partisan bias .  In other words , I DO recognize Limbaugh for exactly what he is . 

I know you are slow , but try and follow , Non Sequitur Boy :  My libertarianism had absolutely nothing to do with my simple agreement with Vinny's Limbaugh comparison . Yet once again you brought it up for no apparent reason , using your lame little , " Ohhhh Mr. Freethinker " sarcasm . The problem here is clear , and has nothing to with Rush Limbaugh ; you have a bone to pick with my ideals. Tough Shlt , princess. Save it for the next time I'm actually attempting some sort of political or philosophical commentary ...at which point I will take your whiny ass to the woodshed.

CBW brings up the Libertarian stuff because he wants to take the focus of him
Durango brings it up because ... well ... he's Durango and that's his "thang" down here in the Dungeon

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#55 : April 12, 2013, 01:47:39 PM

Deloris is like the PeanutButterBoy is a lot of ways.  Usually neither has any idea they are getting massacred.

Trying to figure out if you are delusional or just slow? I cant think of a poster other than you who more regularly steps on himself, often calling people some variation if stupid while proving yourself to be just that.

Even stranger is your notion that a message board is a competition of some kind with your childish "getting massacred" and "owned" stuff. It's just weird but if you want to define yourself by a football message board, have at it ...but maybe ask someone to check your work before you run off calling others stupid. Maybe that would help you build some confidence.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#56 : April 12, 2013, 02:39:57 PM

"Trying to figure out if you are delusional or just slow?"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#57 : April 12, 2013, 02:45:45 PM

"Trying to figure out if you are delusional or just slow?"

lolz, but the PeanutButterBoy will be oblivious as usual.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#58 : April 12, 2013, 03:14:15 PM

Trying to figure out if you are delusional or just slow? I cant think of a poster other than you who more regularly steps on himself, often calling people some variation if stupid while proving yourself to be just that.

Even stranger is your notion that a message board is a competition of some kind with your childish "getting massacred" and "owned" stuff. It's just weird but if you want to define yourself by a football message board, have at it ...but maybe ask someone to check your work before you run off calling others stupid. Maybe that would help you build some confidence.

LOL , so true.

The fact is , I don't think anyone even pays attention to Biggs anymore . I know I tend to ignore him at this point because , really , he's just a sad lifeless little turd carrying on with petty online vendettas like a 13 year old girl . He  never adds anything to the conversation, but loves to interject if he sees someone he doesn't like and declare they are "getting pwned", or a "simpleton" , etc . Rinse and Repeat . Everyone knows his schtick . He sways no one , and no one really cares .

If ever there was a poster boy for Butthurt , Biggs is the guy....and he seems to have no idea.... oblivious as usual.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#59 : April 12, 2013, 03:45:17 PM

Friggin' Vinnie and Delores?

WTF has happened w/ Delores, he's canoodling w/ psycho-boy?

Haha. You gotta be kidding me.

Now I've seen it all. ... :o

That's hilarious...I pulled a few strings and he went straight to crazy town..lol

What a rube.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vladimir Lenin meets MSNBC & your local University « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools