Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ziggy Ansah thought he played basketball like LeBron James. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 12, 2013, 08:56:59 PM

This is the perfect guy for S.

Raw, and completely coachable. Unlike an older vet.

True.  But maybe a little TOO raw.  He is defitnitly a project, might be better suited to a team like the Niners or Patriots.  Where they can afford to bring him along slowly.

Bucs need another good draft, and land some players ready to contribute on a high level from day one.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 13, 2013, 11:43:27 AM

Saw some of his pro day workout on NFLN. Guy was totally out of shape. Looks like Tarzan though. No way I'd risk him at 13.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 13, 2013, 01:06:29 PM

Saw some of his pro day workout on NFLN. Guy was totally out of shape. Looks like Tarzan though. No way I'd risk him at 13.

You guy's crack me up. Don't worry. Bucs aren't going to take him at #13, because he is going top 5.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 13, 2013, 01:49:52 PM

You guy's crack me up. Don't worry. Bucs aren't going to take him at #13, because he is going top 5.

I will laugh out loud if somone picks a guy from Ghana with 4 1/2 sacks last year in the top 5.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 13, 2013, 02:00:14 PM

The problem with players like this is that I question their motivation. Guys who grew up with football want to be the best, they want the fame associated with it. The only motivation Ansah would have is money. He seems like he would be happy just making a few easy million and going onto another career.

wow, I hope that was sarcasm . .

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 13, 2013, 02:01:59 PM

A little bit of racism with your ego?
What?

He worries about "white" people being around him and he thinks he's just as good at b-ball as the "Phenom?"

If I walk into detroit and say, "gee, there are a lot of black guys here," is that seen as wrong? ..Maybe, maybe not, but why even bring it up in the first place?

..but hey, at least he didn't say something like, "all white people love crepes."  ;)

Lol, my guess is youve never been to Ghana . .  or Provo

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 13, 2013, 11:00:54 PM

A little bit of racism with your ego?
What?

He worries about "white" people being around him and he thinks he's just as good at b-ball as the "Phenom?"

If I walk into detroit and say, "gee, there are a lot of black guys here," is that seen as wrong? ..Maybe, maybe not, but why even bring it up in the first place?

..but hey, at least he didn't say something like, "all white people love crepes."  ;)

Lol, my guess is youve never been to Ghana . .  or Provo

Agree, I suspect it was a very innocent comment on his part.  A guy from Ghana doesn't come with built in racism like some Americans.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 13, 2013, 11:28:53 PM

The problem with players like this is that I question their motivation. Guys who grew up with football want to be the best, they want the fame associated with it. The only motivation Ansah would have is money. He seems like he would be happy just making a few easy million and going onto another career.

Why would that be sarcasm? If it turned out that I had potential to be an elite soccer player, I wouldn't give two craps about it other than the money. I didn't grow up with the sport and it means nothing to me. I don't care how much fame I would have in England.

I would work hard to sucker some team into giving me a big contract, then I would half*** my performance and just take the money and run.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 14, 2013, 01:50:12 PM

I guess its a question that would make more sense if Ansah was american.

I'd challenge the statement if only because most non-american's do not have our over-active sense of entitlement with $$$.

I'd hazard a guess that he sees things very different from the average american.   Thus , disagree with your assumptions entirely.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 14, 2013, 03:34:20 PM

Why would that be sarcasm? If it turned out that I had potential to be an elite soccer player, I wouldn't give two craps about it other than the money. I didn't grow up with the sport and it means nothing to me. I don't care how much fame I would have in England.

I would work hard to sucker some team into giving me a big contract, then I would half*** my performance and just take the money and run.

I doubt that would be his line of thinking. I would guess it would be more along the lines of.....lets see, I can play this game for millions of dollars.   Or.....go back to my country and live in poverty.  Not a tough decision for most.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 14, 2013, 03:51:06 PM

I doubt that would be his line of thinking. I would guess it would be more along the lines of.....lets see, I can play this game for millions of dollars.   Or.....go back to my country and live in poverty.  Not a tough decision for most.

He's not poor, he's upper/upper middle class in Ghana. His parents are successful (his father was in upper management of an oil company) and he had enough money to attend an American school without a scholarship. He also majored in actuarial sciences, and could have a comfortable life if he ever moved back to Ghana.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 14, 2013, 08:14:47 PM

He's not poor, he's upper/upper middle class in Ghana. His parents are successful (his father was in upper management of an oil company) and he had enough money to attend an American school without a scholarship. He also majored in actuarial sciences, and could have a comfortable life if he ever moved back to Ghana.

With all that American influence you would think he would of known more about football before coming to the States. Hell, he thought he was Lebron.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 14, 2013, 09:06:06 PM

A little too risky of a pick for my blood.  But wish him well.  I would start thinking about after the 2nd or 3rd round, but from what I understand, he is being mocked, like top 5 or top 10.     Crazy.

This is what I've been saying since early on. The guy is a feel good story but much to Raw.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 14, 2013, 11:46:56 PM

Well that speaks TONS about YOUR work ethic which sounds like you show up to work, do the bare minimum and go home.

SOME of us like to excel and garner the admiration of our peers.

Ansah is going to have the whole nation watching him. You can't tell me he doesn't want to be the best DE and go down in the history books.

Plus if you knew HALF of what goes into college football for the player. Practice. Film. And this guy was singled out during practice and had no technique? And he doesn't enjoy this sport?

Gtfo dude.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 15, 2013, 12:12:48 AM

Well that speaks TONS about YOUR work ethic which sounds like you show up to work, do the bare minimum and go home.

SOME of us like to excel and garner the admiration of our peers.

Ansah is going to have the whole nation watching him. You can't tell me he doesn't want to be the best DE and go down in the history books.

Plus if you knew HALF of what goes into college football for the player. Practice. Film. And this guy was singled out during practice and had no technique? And he doesn't enjoy this sport?

Gtfo dude.

No, I actually chose something that I wanted to do as my job. If I were magically great at something that had no relevance to me other than money, why would I have motivation towards it?

Like I said, if the English premiere league was giving you a buttload of money (assuming you're not a soccer fan), would you really have any motivation other than money? Would you really care to be the best? Probably not, you would just be doing it because it's bigger money than your current job. I would try hard to get paid, but deep down inside, success wouldn't matter at all.

How could he realistically enjoy the sport? He grew up in Ghana and only came to the US to play basketball. He failed at that and went into track. He only went to football because he's a good athlete. Where in that time did he gain a passion for the sport?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ziggy Ansah thought he played basketball like LeBron James. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools