Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ziggy Ansah thought he played basketball like LeBron James. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 15, 2013, 12:34:36 AM

The problem with players like this is that I question their motivation. Guys who grew up with football want to be the best, they want the fame associated with it. The only motivation Ansah would have is money. He seems like he would be happy just making a few easy million and going onto another career.

wow, I hope that was sarcasm . .

Why would that be sarcasm? If it turned out that I had potential to be an elite soccer player, I wouldn't give two craps about it other than the money. I didn't grow up with the sport and it means nothing to me. I don't care how much fame I would have in England.

I would work hard to sucker some team into giving me a big contract, then I would half*** my performance and just take the money and run.

wow, with all due respect, you sure do misunderstand people and cultures.  Just because the guy didn't play the sport before (not an option in Ghana -lol) doesn't mean he is dishonest.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 24, 2013, 04:32:11 PM

So I finally got around to watching some Ansah footage and am seriously underwhelmed. His get-off the ball is so friggin' slow and when he finally does get up, he has no explosiveness. After previously watching tape of Barkevious Mingo, Cornelius Washington, and Tank Carradine, it's night and day how much more explosive they are. At one point Ansah tried a spin move and it seemed like it took 5 seconds for him to do it. When you watch Mingo spin, he's lightning quick. I don't understand what people are supposedly seeing in him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ziggy Ansah thought he played basketball like LeBron James. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools