Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This only needs folks to be aware of the crime... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 30, 2013, 02:54:36 PM

Election fraud seems pretty much identical to voter fraud - and a photo id would not have prevented this one. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

gone

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 30, 2013, 03:41:41 PM

A distinction without a difference. 

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 30, 2013, 03:57:07 PM

There's no such thing as voter fraud . .  I know that because I read it right here in The Cove.

Um.....in order for it to be voter fraud, the VOTER would have to be the one committing the fraud, smart ones. I mean, if your purpose is to justify putting an additional onus on the VOTER to prove that they are who they say they are in order to VOTE in elections, wouldn't you need to show widespread evidence of VOTERS actually VOTING as people that they are not? Of course not. Who needs logic when you have right wing talking points to support your positions?

What you have here is ELECTION fraud. Fraud committed by election officials. How do you suppose forcing voters to provide picture ID at the polls would have prevented this, prey tell?

Is there anyone here that didnt see CBW taking this bait?  lol

He cant resist making preposterous arguments like the one above . .. .

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 04, 2013, 09:34:23 AM

Since partisan reports are all we are going to roll with here...
Okay
Explain this
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/17/liberal-commentator-admits-left-avoiding-kermit-go/

The MSM, for the most part, avoided it, and we all know why. There isn't an honest person with half a brain the would believe otherwise.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 05, 2013, 11:05:14 AM

More partisan reporting from New Hampshire
http://www.nationaljournal.com/domesticpolicy/forget-the-unemployment-rate-the-alarming-stat-is-the-number-of-missing-workers-20130503

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 06, 2013, 03:18:59 PM

Election fraud seems pretty much identical to voter fraud

Voter fraud is fraud committed by a voter. Voter fraud laws are designed to prevent fraud committed by the voter. In what bizzaro freaking world do you, caradoc, and Vinny Peanuts live in where this story you've presented is in any way identical to that? Please explain the tie in, any of you three. And don't shy away from being as meticulous as you would like to be.

- and a photo id would not have prevented this one.

Awesome. Now how about we go one step further. What law presented by anyone, anywhere in regards to elections would have prevented this?

BTW, what these guys did was likely just the result of laziness more so than anything else. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have been able to get enough signatures to get Obama on the ballot in Indiana when Obama won the state in the general election. All smoke, no fire. Just like every other shred of "proof" that you all have presented in this argument.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 06, 2013, 03:32:01 PM

http://definitions.uslegal.com/e/electoral-fraud/

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 06, 2013, 04:36:57 PM

Interesting,,,

Even though technically the term 'electoral fraud' covers only illegal acts, the term is also used to describe acts morally unacceptable, outside the spirit of electoral laws or in violation of the principles of democracy.

Kinda like pushing for additional voter requirements at the polls to combat a non-existent problem...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : May 06, 2013, 04:55:56 PM

Interesting,,,

Even though technically the term 'electoral fraud' covers only illegal acts, the term is also used to describe acts morally unacceptable, outside the spirit of electoral laws or in violation of the principles of democracy.

Kinda like pushing for additional voter requirements at the polls to combat a non-existent problem...
LOL - I don't write them - and didn't include some other sites which declared the terms synonymous

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 06, 2013, 05:39:05 PM

Interesting,,,

LOL - I don't write them - and didn't include some other sites which declared the terms synonymous

dbuc, I will gladly cede that voter fraud and electoral fraud are synonymous. I won't even bring up the fact that I said "election fraud", not "electoral fraud", because it's not even worth getting into.

I will gladly cede it, because you still haven't disproven my argument. When I stated that voter fraud was non-existent, I was specifically referring to in-person voter fraud, as in fraud committed by a voter at the poll, i.e., a person voting as someone that they are not. Feel free to reference the thread if you like. That is the type of fraud that the ID laws you support are designed to combat, not this nonsense that you posted here. Where is the evidence that that kind of fraud is rampant, and that action is required to combat it?

You don't have any, which is why you continuously muddy the waters with these oranges amongst a bushel full of apples.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 06, 2013, 05:51:30 PM

It might nutty - but if you google voted twice you can see folks who admit voting multiple times.  I have tired of trying to show you anything. 

I think going with the definition and ceding that as a point is wise. 

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 06, 2013, 06:01:24 PM

It might nutty - but if you google voted twice you can see folks who admit voting multiple times.  I have tired of trying to show you anything. 

And voter ID laws would prevent this how?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 06, 2013, 06:06:54 PM

Did you just agree it exists, one step at a time

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 06, 2013, 06:13:51 PM

Did you just agree it exists, one step at a time

I've never denied that it happens. You've just tried to claim I did in order to continue your straw man revolution. We could argue about how prevalent (or not prevalent), this type of fraud is, but that's besides the point. You are claiming we need to ID voters. Why, if you are now openly admitting that every case of fraud you've presented wouldn't have been prevented by it?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : May 06, 2013, 08:05:43 PM

Going to take a while to come to grips with a conversation that might go some place.  So you acknowledge and agree voter fraud exists. A verifiable voter registration program with a photo id is just beyond Mt. Everest. 
: May 06, 2013, 10:23:05 PM dbucfan

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This only needs folks to be aware of the crime... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools