Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boston marathon terrorist attack? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#105 : April 20, 2013, 04:45:48 PM

Dear Leader Chairman Maobama will prevent future terrorist bombings of this nature if we just pass federal background checks at gun shows.

Fear not , Citizen.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

gone

Hall of Famer
#106 : April 20, 2013, 04:47:34 PM

Unfortunately, I think this attack is "The Big One".  Weve been seeing the morphing of terrorism from something done only by relatively large, well funded groups, to smaller, often individualized groups over the last few years.  The government and media have been downplaying this (to the point of absurdity calling Ft. Hood shooter Nidal Hassan a "white male").  This time they played it back up, and the floodgates are going to start opening.

They think they turned these guys into monsters, but they really turned them into heroes.  The legions of people who feel the way these clowns did have a personal role model, an easy copy.  No more needing to be recruited and traind halfway around the world, no need to figure out how to contact and join AQ, just build a bomb in mom's kitchen.  And people with other axes to grind are going to see how easy it was for these guys to do it.  I think we are likely to see these kind of things more and more from all areas, from more Islamics, to animal rights, to GMO nuts, to any other self-identified member of a "victim group", to more random nutbars. The media treatment of these things only encourages the growth of them.

What are GMO nuts?  Genetically modified organisms?

Not sure that animal rights and other self identified  "victim groups'" have a methodology to kill all Americans and Christians that these in Islamic terror groups  doctrine towards the Western world.

Think you might be jumping the gun on other groups unhappy with the way our current administration is being run.  I believe most Americans just want their country back from those that contribute nothing and just wish to suck the blood of the taxpaying public.

I do agree that there is a part of today's American culture that is obsessed with "LOOK AT ME" and they indeed could become a problem but not at the level of Muslim extremists.

GMO nuts are the anti-GMO nutbars.  They already engage in property destruction and intimidation, in addition to protests.  THere have already been many bad incidents from PETA-esque animal rights people, stalkings, etc.  Look at all the violence in the Occupy "movement" and all the anti-globalist movements.  They have all been hovering around the edge of significant violence.  Now they have these guys who they relate to as another "victimized" group, who they can relate to and look like them. 

And the media is lapping it up, but is constantly trying to push away any connection between them and the larger "group" (in this case Islam and particularly Islamic fundamentalism) -- they will be portrayed as lone wolves and outliers.  What this provides is both the ability to use terror to promote one's agenda, and a lack of accountability towards the larger group that fosters the mentality that drives the actors.  You can blow up a Bank and make the "statement" OWS wants without OWS being tarred by your actions.  You set a fire in a mall that seels furs to protest that, but animal rights groups won't be implicated.  You can be a radical leftwinger and kill several cops while writing fan letters to Obama, but there is no tie-in to the left.  The only groups left without this hall pass are the ones on the right.

This attack is a blueprint for every wannabe "hero" to any real or imagined cause, in addition to just encouraging more random nutbars. 

And it's not just the media.  A whole city was locked down (although after the mess in california with Dorner, this was probably more to protect people from the police than the terrorist).  You think that that won't motivate people?  That's a fricking HUGE statement, on a massive scale.  People who never thought they could "make a difference" before are going to believe thay can.  This is trouble, plain and simple.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#107 : April 20, 2013, 05:41:57 PM

Sadly, it seems that there will always be loonies who get through the cracks. Makes one wonder how many other potential threats are out there that have cleared the FBI's vetting process.

The myth that needs to die is that somehow :"BIG BROTHER" can protect you if only all your civil liberties and constitutional rights this country was founded upon are taken away.   This is the fundamental concept of Soviet, Korean, and Chinese communism and is the number one agenda of Obama and the Left.  We are now reaping the results of those foolish enough to elect the current clowns running the country.

gone

Hall of Famer
#108 : April 20, 2013, 05:46:06 PM

Sadly, it seems that there will always be loonies who get through the cracks. Makes one wonder how many other potential threats are out there that have cleared the FBI's vetting process.

The myth that needs to die is that somehow :"BIG BROTHER" can protect you if only all your civil liberties and constitutional rights this country was founded upon are taken away.   This is the fundamental concept of Soviet, Korean, and Chinese communism and is the number one agenda of Obama and the Left.  We are now reaping the results of those foolish enough to elect the current clowns running the country.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#109 : April 20, 2013, 05:48:21 PM

We are now reaping the results of those foolish enough to elect the current clowns running the country.

care to cite some examples?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#110 : April 20, 2013, 07:02:03 PM

I want to see the FBI report on Tamerlan from 2 years ago.  Someone cleared him.  At worst, he should have been on some watchlist or something.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#111 : April 20, 2013, 07:50:44 PM

We are now reaping the results of those foolish enough to elect the current clowns running the country.

Our foreign policy?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#112 : April 20, 2013, 07:52:12 PM

Our foreign policy?
You have an issue with the Arab Spring? 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#113 : April 20, 2013, 08:15:24 PM

AMEN ! Great Post.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#114 : April 20, 2013, 10:55:23 PM

Our foreign policy?
You have an issue with the Arab Spring?

As it happens yes.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#115 : April 21, 2013, 02:23:51 AM

Where do you want to start?    immigration?  health? public safety? economy?education? foreign policy? 

Runole

Hall of Famer
#116 : April 21, 2013, 02:29:36 AM

Unfortunately, I think this attack is "The Big One".  Weve been seeing the morphing of terrorism from something done only by relatively large, well funded groups, to smaller, often individualized groups over the last few years.  The government and media have been downplaying this (to the point of absurdity calling Ft. Hood shooter Nidal Hassan a "white male").  This time they played it back up, and the floodgates are going to start opening.

They think they turned these guys into monsters, but they really turned them into heroes.  The legions of people who feel the way these clowns did have a personal role model, an easy copy.  No more needing to be recruited and traind halfway around the world, no need to figure out how to contact and join AQ, just build a bomb in mom's kitchen.  And people with other axes to grind are going to see how easy it was for these guys to do it.  I think we are likely to see these kind of things more and more from all areas, from more Islamics, to animal rights, to GMO nuts, to any other self-identified member of a "victim group", to more random nutbars. The media treatment of these things only encourages the growth of them.

Not sure that animal rights and other self identified  "victim groups'" have a methodology to kill all Americans and Christians that these in Islamic terror groups  doctrine towards the Western world.

Think you might be jumping the gun on other groups unhappy with the way our current administration is being run.  I believe most Americans just want their country back from those that contribute nothing and just wish to suck the blood of the taxpaying public.

I do agree that there is a part of today's American culture that is obsessed with "LOOK AT ME" and they indeed could become a problem but not at the level of Muslim extremists.

GMO nuts are the anti-GMO nutbars.  They already engage in property destruction and intimidation, in addition to protests.  THere have already been many bad incidents from PETA-esque animal rights people, stalkings, etc.  Look at all the violence in the Occupy "movement" and all the anti-globalist movements.  They have all been hovering around the edge of significant violence.  Now they have these guys who they relate to as another "victimized" group, who they can relate to and look like them. 

And the media is lapping it up, but is constantly trying to push away any connection between them and the larger "group" (in this case Islam and particularly Islamic fundamentalism) -- they will be portrayed as lone wolves and outliers.  What this provides is both the ability to use terror to promote one's agenda, and a lack of accountability towards the larger group that fosters the mentality that drives the actors.  You can blow up a Bank and make the "statement" OWS wants without OWS being tarred by your actions.  You set a fire in a mall that seels furs to protest that, but animal rights groups won't be implicated.  You can be a radical leftwinger and kill several cops while writing fan letters to Obama, but there is no tie-in to the left.  The only groups left without this hall pass are the ones on the right.

This attack is a blueprint for every wannabe "hero" to any real or imagined cause, in addition to just encouraging more random nutbars. 

And it's not just the media.  A whole city was locked down (although after the mess in california with Dorner, this was probably more to protect people from the police than the terrorist).  You think that that won't motivate people?  That's a fricking HUGE statement, on a massive scale.  People who never thought they could "make a difference" before are going to believe thay can.  This is trouble, plain and simple.

Again pardon my ignorance but what does GMO stand for? 

gone

Hall of Famer
#117 : April 21, 2013, 06:48:49 AM

Again pardon my ignorance but what does GMO stand for?

*sigh*

Genetically Modified Organism.

"Frankenfood"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetically_modified_organism

http://www.ibtimes.com/monsanto-protection-act-shines-light-gmo-controversy-america-1159717

http://blog.skepticallibertarian.com/2013/03/28/monsanto-protection-act-anti-gmo-conspiracy-theorists-lose-it-over-minor-deregulation/

http://www.boulderweekly.com/article-6933-anti-gmo-activism-is-evil.html

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#118 : April 21, 2013, 07:50:51 AM

Where do you want to start?    immigration?  health? public safety? economy?education? foreign policy?

Civil and constitutional rights - which ones have the current clowns running the country taken away? That's what you posted earlier.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#119 : April 21, 2013, 08:28:34 AM

Civil and constitutional rights - which ones have the current clowns running the country taken away? That's what you posted earlier.

Well they did renew the Patriot Act , which is a clear violation of your civil rights . Obama also recently claimed he has the right to Drone your ass without due process. Meanwhile , they are diligently working to slowly strip away your 2nd amendment rights  . 

Those 3 just off the top of my head.

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boston marathon terrorist attack? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools