Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boston marathon terrorist attack? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 28

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #270 : July 17, 2013, 04:50:51 PM »

"However, just consider what the fast-spreading social media comments today have done.

They have given Rolling Stone and its issue a ton more attention than the story ever would have received just by coming out on a normal publication schedule.

In other words, Rolling Stone couldn’t buy this kind of publicity for its product.

Oh, yes, it’s negative reaction, to be sure.

But much of it is from people who would never buy the alternative publication anyway. Let’s face it: A poll on FoxNews right now slamming the cover isn’t exactly tapping into the base of Rolling Stone’s potential readers.

As for people saying Rolling Stone should feature the victims of the Boston bombing, that wasn’t what the magazine thought the real story was in this case. It wanted to shed light on who this guy is.

Here is the magazine’s official comment late Wednesday.

Plus, The New York Times and countless other publications have featured hundreds of stories in recent weeks about the victims of the Boston bombings.

Just last week The Times had a sensitive, lengthy story about Jeff Bauman, who lost his legs in the tragedy.

The national protests over the Rolling Stone cover just give even more publicity to Tsarnaev.

Ironically, that’s exactly what the magazine’s critics don’t want to see happen.

Finally, check out the headline that says the story inside tells of how “a popular, promising student was failed by his family, fell into radical Islam and became a monster.”

That’s right: The magazine calls him a monster. Hardly a glamorizing headline.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/17/4350083/stop-protesting-rolling-stones.html#storylink=cpy

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #271 : July 17, 2013, 04:58:06 PM »

Not glamorizing? Then why did he buy five copies for his mother?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #272 : July 17, 2013, 05:08:31 PM »

Of course they are glamorizing him, at least on the cover. That's the point, they CHOSE a picture that fits with the magazine's "counter culture" "rock star" motif because they knew it would be controversial (read: publicity). If the cover included a picture of him on the stretcher it hardly gets any play no matter how good the journalism inside.  They may trash him inside and, in fact, they call him a "monster" on the cover BUT its the picture that is the key, that is why the cover image was released as opposed to a new release on the artcle inside.

THOUGHT OUT, INTENTIONAL MARKETING PLOY

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #273 : July 17, 2013, 05:13:12 PM »

Not too sure about glamorizing being the appropriate term, using the picture to get attention and sell their product was the purpose.  Could cost them in the short and long term

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #274 : July 17, 2013, 05:13:14 PM »

Intentional? You mean it's all designed to blow our minds?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #275 : July 17, 2013, 05:38:37 PM »

Intentional? You mean it's all designed to blow our minds?

made me think of that "infinity x infinity" commercial

Yes, I mean that people sat down in a room and went through the calculation in DBuc's comment and said that the positive (publicity/exposure) othweighs the negative (reduced sales), particularly when most objecting are not purchasers or even prospective purchasers and when considering the flagging RS brand.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #276 : July 17, 2013, 06:46:28 PM »

I say they photo shop him draped with bacon!  and the quote Pork Fat Rules! 

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #277 : July 17, 2013, 07:47:02 PM »

way to bring a little bigotry to the thread

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
« #278 : July 17, 2013, 07:52:19 PM »

Not glamorizing? Then why did he buy five copies for his mother?

LMFAO!

« : July 17, 2013, 08:25:14 PM Durango 95 »

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #279 : July 17, 2013, 08:50:43 PM »

"Oh, yes, it’s negative reaction, to be sure."

You think this is a negative reaction? Wait until Muslims hear 'fell into Islam and became a monster.'

Sshhhh... everybody be quiet and they'll never know.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #280 : July 18, 2013, 08:28:36 AM »

bigotry?   strange choice of word....

No,  I just don't think a religion whose mission statement is"kill all infidels and you get 40 virgins when you die" deserves any respect at all.

Until you understand the very  :"nature" of this religion does not respect any  concessions,appeasement , or being PC there will continue to be problems.

Where do you get the best pork products in the world?. Answer:   Northern Italy and Spain.... Now why do you suppose that is? 

Apparently, the only thing Muslims fear is desecration that takes away those 40 virgins... They certainly care little about dying if it means taking some infidels with them.

Has any US policy stopped the Muslim terrorism?    If it is a "war" you must put total fear in them of what will happen with them at death.   If there is no "reward" for dying  JMO but i believe  you will stifle or maybe stop some of this mindless slaughter of innocent American citizens and others in this country by these Muslim religious fanatics.

« : July 18, 2013, 08:31:54 AM Runole »

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #281 : July 18, 2013, 08:31:12 AM »

I'm sure Walgreens and CVS boycotted this one as well. When will Rolling Stone learn not to post advertisements for these monsters?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #282 : July 18, 2013, 10:20:18 AM »

No,  I just don't think a religion whose mission statement is"kill all infidels and you get 40 virgins when you die" deserves any respect at all.

Until you understand the very  :"nature" of this religion does not respect any  concessions,appeasement , or being PC there will continue to be problems.

Where do you get the best pork products in the world?. Answer:   Northern Italy and Spain.... Now why do you suppose that is? 

Apparently, the only thing Muslims fear is desecration that takes away those 40 virgins... They certainly care little about dying if it means taking some infidels with them.

Has any US policy stopped the Muslim terrorism?    If it is a "war" you must put total fear in them of what will happen with them at death.   If there is no "reward" for dying  JMO but i believe  you will stifle or maybe stop some of this mindless slaughter of innocent American citizens and others in this country by these Muslim religious fanatics.

yeah . . strange choice of word  ::)

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #283 : July 18, 2013, 12:34:11 PM »

Well if I am a bigot because I fail to agree with a religion that celebrates or participates in the death of anyone that is not a part of their religion than I guess the label fits and I wear it proudly.

So I assume since you don't approve of having that label am I to assume you agree with  the bolded statement being completely acceptable and not worthy of any criticism or reprisal?

Oh and for the record, I also feel the same way about the KKK though I don't consider that a religion.    I guess you could refer to me as bigoted against them as well.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #284 : July 18, 2013, 12:41:42 PM »

Well if I am a bigot because I fail to agree with a religion that celebrates or participates in the death of anyone that is not a part of their religion than I guess the label fits and I wear it proudly.

So I assume since you don't approve of having that label am I to assume you agree with  the bolded statement being completely acceptable and not worthy of any criticism or reprisal?

Oh and for the record, I also feel the same way about the KKK though I don't consider that a religion.    I guess you could refer to me as bigoted against them as well.

Page: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 28
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boston marathon terrorist attack? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools