Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boston marathon terrorist attack? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#375 : August 01, 2013, 12:17:07 PM

"The way to combat bigotry/hate is not with more bigotry and hate."

In a broader context, what is being proposed is that we meet an emotional affront with an emotional reaction. Basically, it is an appeal to abandon reason in favor of one's baser instincts. Similar to your gun control arguments.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#376 : August 01, 2013, 12:20:59 PM

In a broader context, what is being proposed is that we meet an emotional affront with an emotional reaction. Basically, it is an appeal to abandon reason in favor of one's baser instincts. Similar to your gun control arguments.

Not similar at all to my gun control arguments, but I agree with the rest

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#377 : August 01, 2013, 12:29:38 PM

#Oblivious

Runole

Hall of Famer
#378 : August 01, 2013, 12:31:54 PM

Emotional reaction?  An emotional reaction would be to exterminate all Muslims.   A very calculated a logical one would be to only single out those that have shown that they are clear threat to American citizenry by their actual actions of killing and maiming of American citizens.

Hey the whole Pork Fat thing was initially meant as a joke until I say such ignorance of eating such a tasty dish truly is held as a very real belief of abstinence.  From a scientific basis the only reason pork was not eaten was because of the parasite that cause trichinosis in the warmer climates. Once that was discovered any thoughts by rational and intelligent people was that it was a safe food to eat without getting sick..

Runole

Hall of Famer
#379 : August 01, 2013, 12:35:22 PM

I don't even own a gun but I am beginning to think with the way some are so fired up about Pork Fat I better get one.  ;) :D

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#380 : August 01, 2013, 12:35:50 PM

Emotional reaction?  An emotional reaction would be to exterminate all Muslims.   A very calculated a logical one would be to only single out those that have shown that they are clear threat to American citizenry by their actual actions of killing and maiming of American citizens.

???

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#381 : August 01, 2013, 12:36:52 PM

#Oblivious

#slugger -- lol

Runole

Hall of Famer
#382 : August 01, 2013, 12:53:35 PM

Hey all the personal attacking commentary proves my point 100%  PORK FAT RULES!  LOL

In fact I believe All REAL Americans should work towards making this a policy for the treatment of Muslim terrorists upon their death.     

If you actually had a Brain  you would enjoy a nice plate of BBQ Ribs MMMMM!  Tasty!  LOL  "OOOOH  NOOOOO!"   Says Mister Bill    ;D

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#383 : August 01, 2013, 12:55:43 PM

"You must abandon logic to be a REAL American!"

Seems we disagree. I'm still here, however, despite not meeting your standards.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#384 : August 01, 2013, 12:55:49 PM

Hey all the personal attacking commentary proves my point 100%  PORK FAT RULES!  LOL

In fact I believe All REAL Americans should work towards making this a policy for the treatment of Muslim terrorists upon their death.     

If you actually had a Brain  you would enjoy a nice plate of BBQ Ribs MMMMM!  Tasty!  LOL  "OOOOH  NOOOOO!"   Says Mister Bill    ;D

what is that saying? something about opening your mouth  . .  dispelling doubt . .  wow . . .  Twain wasn't it?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#385 : August 01, 2013, 12:57:01 PM

"And if it offends ignorant Muslim "Nut bags".... we need all the desecration possible for these senseless bombings of US citizens."

No, it offends all Muslims. Or are you saying that all Muslims are "ignorant nut bags"? It seems reasonable to me to consider the consequences before pissing off a quarter of the world's population. Disagreeing with them is substancially different than deliberately provoking them.

You hit on the problem --  it may very well be that the problem is that Runole thinks of all Muslims as "ignorant nut bags."  If you look back at his initial comment in the thread you may get that impression

Who said anything about ALL Muslims? 

Muslims are forbidden by God to eat the meat of the pig or pork.

Just like they are also told by God to kill all infidels that do not follow the Muslim faith and by doing that they get 40 virgins in the after life.

:-[

according to Runole, if it is the Koran it applies to all Muslims.  Like saying that all Christians believe in unicorns or drinking venom because both are in the Bible

Simple question Do YOU EAT PORK?     Why are you so afraid to answer this question?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#386 : August 01, 2013, 12:58:25 PM

what is that saying? something about opening your mouth  . .  dispelling doubt . .  wow . . .  Twain wasn't it?

What is that saying when you won't even tell us if you eat pork or not?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#387 : August 01, 2013, 01:07:21 PM

"And if it offends ignorant Muslim "Nut bags".... we need all the desecration possible for these senseless bombings of US citizens."

No, it offends all Muslims. Or are you saying that all Muslims are "ignorant nut bags"? It seems reasonable to me to consider the consequences before pissing off a quarter of the world's population. Disagreeing with them is substancially different than deliberately provoking them.

You hit on the problem --  it may very well be that the problem is that Runole thinks of all Muslims as "ignorant nut bags."  If you look back at his initial comment in the thread you may get that impression

Who said anything about ALL Muslims? 

Muslims are forbidden by God to eat the meat of the pig or pork.

Just like they are also told by God to kill all infidels that do not follow the Muslim faith and by doing that they get 40 virgins in the after life.

:-[

according to Runole, if it is the Koran it applies to all Muslims.  Like saying that all Christians believe in unicorns or drinking venom because both are in the Bible

Simple question Do YOU EAT PORK?     Why are you so afraid to answer this question?

Archie, not play along with your bigotry does not equal "afraid." Lol

Runole

Hall of Famer
#388 : August 01, 2013, 09:06:02 PM

Proves my point... Muslim or Muslim apologist.   Deathly afraid of Pork fat.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#389 : August 01, 2013, 09:13:15 PM

Proves my point... Muslim or Muslim apologist.   Deathly afraid of Pork fat.

omg, the irony. that is a funny retort to my calling you a bigot.

Page: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boston marathon terrorist attack? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools