Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The long term is approaching for Dominik. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#90 : April 16, 2013, 07:24:48 PM

Let me guess, hardcore Gruden/Allen fan?

I do like Allen. Better than the bozo GM we have now.
Not sure if serious.

He GM'd the Raiders, Bucs and Redskins to the playoffs. Pretty good resume. He's not perfect but he knows what he's doing.
Knew what he was doing? Did you see his drafts?.. Train wreck after train wreck.. All of those years and we have to show from it is a guard and a back up linebacker.

Like I said, not perfect. But he put together fairly good teams that won games. Just like he's doing in Washington now while we're pissing in the wind.

How long has he been in Washington?
How did they do pre-RG3?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#91 : April 16, 2013, 08:00:23 PM

Not sure if serious.

He GM'd the Raiders, Bucs and Redskins to the playoffs. Pretty good resume. He's not perfect but he knows what he's doing.
Knew what he was doing? Did you see his drafts?.. Train wreck after train wreck.. All of those years and we have to show from it is a guard and a back up linebacker.

Like I said, not perfect. But he put together fairly good teams that won games. Just like he's doing in Washington now while we're pissing in the wind.

Suuuure. Bruce Allen. University of Richmond, STAR PUNTER!  He's the guy building that team. Not coaching superstar Shanahan. No way he's picking the players. With all of his on field experience, coaching since the 70's, actual QB experience, SUPER BOWL WINNING COACH

Yeah, they're letting the star punter, drafted in the 12th round decide who is on that team.
you do know who is father was doncha?

danlowe748

Starter

#92 : April 16, 2013, 08:04:48 PM

Allen is following in his father's footsteps.   Dude is one of the best GMs out there.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#93 : April 16, 2013, 08:12:33 PM

Just like he's doing in Washington now while we're pissing in the wind.

we are pissing in the wind?  ha.  i think we finish better than wash this coming season.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

danlowe748

Starter

#94 : April 16, 2013, 08:13:22 PM

Just like he's doing in Washington now while we're pissing in the wind.

we are pissing in the wind?  ha.  i think we finish better than wash this coming season.

Didn't you say the same thing last season?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#95 : April 16, 2013, 08:14:51 PM

Allen is following in his father's footsteps.   Dude is one of the best GMs out there.

just to be clear, what are some of his crowning achievements in acquiring players during his15 years as a GM?

and while we really dont know, do you believe he had final draft say in oakland?  do you believe he had final draft say in tampa?  and how about in washington?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#96 : April 16, 2013, 09:58:58 PM

Wrong.

Seahawks John Schneider

Ravens Ozzie Newsome.

Niners Trent Baalke

Green Bay....Ted Thompson.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#97 : April 16, 2013, 10:07:21 PM

Seahawks John Schneider

Niners Trent Baalke

i question these guys a bit.  cant always trust wikipedia but it says that schneider was handpicked by carroll and carroll controls all decisions.
baalke took over a season ago, the previous GM set that table.  i also think harbaugh makes more decisions than baalke.
thompson sure, why not.  seems the packers sure cant put it all together though.  might be coaching rather than talent level?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#98 : April 16, 2013, 10:22:34 PM

Seahawks John Schneider

Niners Trent Baalke

i question these guys a bit.  cant always trust wikipedia but it says that schneider was handpicked by carroll and carroll controls all decisions.
baalke took over a season ago, the previous GM set that table.  i also think harbaugh makes more decisions than baalke.
thompson sure, why not.  seems the packers sure cant put it all together though.  might be coaching rather than talent level?

Thompson was a scout back in the day. He has a good eye.  And they always seem to be in the running year after year.

Baalke has been there awhile, since 2005,  he was a scout then director of player personal. and then GM in 2011. Harbough is great, but Baalke handed him a pretty good roster.

Schneider has been in the league since 1993.  Scouted for different teams over the years. Your right about the Carroll influence though, Pete may be calling the shots.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#99 : April 16, 2013, 10:32:06 PM

Baalke has been there awhile, since 2005,  he was a scout then director of player personal. and then GM in 2011. Harbough is great, but Baalke handed him a pretty good roster.

baalke has been there a while, sure.  but he's been the GM for 2 seasons.  so while he scouted, and had a hand in things...he didnt make that team.  the guy before baalke handed him a pretty good roster.  ill give him credit for aldon smith...but what about aj jenkins?  we all know that kaep was harbaugh all the way.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#100 : April 16, 2013, 10:39:07 PM

baalke has been there a while, sure.  but he's been the GM for 2 seasons.  so while he scouted, and had a hand in things...he didnt make that team.  the guy before baalke handed him a pretty good roster.  ill give him credit for aldon smith...but what about aj jenkins?  we all know that kaep was harbaugh all the way.

Well...you could say ....scouts DO make a team.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#101 : April 16, 2013, 10:48:31 PM

Well...you could say ....scouts DO make a team.

sure, if you want to weaken the stance of the GM.  i agree scouts are important...but i think credit needs to go to the top.  baalke didnt make that roster and i have a hard time believing he was the driving force in the harbaugh hire. 

he could be a great GM, i just am not ready to crown him for  "scot mccloughans" deeds.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#102 : April 16, 2013, 10:59:40 PM

Are we a better team than we were 5 years ago?  No.  The 2008 team had two more wins and our defense wasnt the laughingstock of the NFL. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#103 : April 16, 2013, 11:13:47 PM

Are we a better team than we were 5 years ago?  No.  The 2008 team had two more wins and our defense wasnt the laughingstock of the NFL.

refresh me, who were the cornerstones of that 2008 team?

id say im much happier with this coming season, and we still have a draft and trade season.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#104 : April 16, 2013, 11:43:47 PM

Not sure if serious.

Suuuure. Bruce Allen. University of Richmond, STAR PUNTER!  He's the guy building that team. Not coaching superstar Shanahan. No way he's picking the players. With all of his on field experience, coaching since the 70's, actual QB experience, SUPER BOWL WINNING COACH

Yeah, they're letting the star punter, drafted in the 12th round decide who is on that team.
you do know who is father was doncha?

LOL because genetics determines GM skills?

Come on S&B, stop trollin!

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The long term is approaching for Dominik. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools