Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The best CBs from this upcoming draft are... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 17, 2013, 08:29:57 PM

Trufant, Milliner, Matheiu

-------------------------------------------------------

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#31 : April 17, 2013, 08:34:36 PM

Sorry, J Dub, I see where you did pick earlier.

Missed it.

All coments were in good fun though

Tough choice for me between Taylor and McFadden
: April 17, 2013, 08:36:34 PM ISLAND BUCS

Soul Bro

Pro Bowler
#32 : April 17, 2013, 08:36:08 PM

I went with Millner, Trufant and Banks.

Soul Bro

Pro Bowler
#33 : April 17, 2013, 08:41:23 PM

Good read on CBs in the draft/NFL...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/cosell-cornering-market-152214975--nfl.html

I'll have to do that... sometime.

After reading this I need a revote  ;D

Give me Mills, Tru and Hayden

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 17, 2013, 08:44:33 PM

I'm surprised that Trufant has so many votes. I get that he is rated well on many sites, but when I watch his games on youtube, I don't see anything that jumps out at me and makes me say "he is really great at that" There is no aspect of his game that seems great. I wonder how many people vote for him just because he is rated well on sites. I'd love to hear from the people that voted Trufant, why exactly do you think he will be great? Not trying to hate. I'm just curious. Maybe I can rewatch him and see something I am missing.

Draft Aaron Donald

tmac87

Starter
#35 : April 17, 2013, 09:11:19 PM

Milliner, Trufant, Rhodes ...almost went with Taylor for the last spot over Rhodes.

Even if you get off my island, Goldson and Barron are right there. You want to go across the middle and get tattooed, it is what it is. - Revis Isle

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#36 : April 17, 2013, 09:22:14 PM

Taylor, Milliner, and McFadden.  I think Taylor will be the best CB in the draft, and is also the most pro-ready.  Milliner has the size, speed, and experience playing against top competition.  The only question is his backpedal, which he wasn't asked to do often.  McFadden is smaller, but is still very physical, competitive, and has quick change of direction skills.  I also like Ryan, but his slow 40 time worries me a bit.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#37 : April 17, 2013, 09:27:32 PM

I'm surprised that Trufant has so many votes. I get that he is rated well on many sites, but when I watch his games on youtube, I don't see anything that jumps out at me and makes me say "he is really great at that" There is no aspect of his game that seems great. I wonder how many people vote for him just because he is rated well on sites. I'd love to hear from the people that voted Trufant, why exactly do you think he will be great? Not trying to hate. I'm just curious. Maybe I can rewatch him and see something I am missing.
I think a lot of people fell in love with him during Senior bowl practices because of his competitiveness and swagger.  I like CB's with attitude, but I agree his gametape is not as impressive.  He's overly aggresive and gets burnt because of it.  Before the senior bowl he was considered a 3rd round pick, maybe 2nd at best.  We'll see soon if NFL teams buy into the hype, too.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 17, 2013, 09:36:38 PM

Just to keep things clear when we look back at this thread in the future, at this point, one week before the draft, this is how the experts see it. This is how they are ranked on average by looking at NFP, CBSsports, Draft Countdown, Draft Nasty, Mayock, Kiper, and McShay.

Top 10

Milliner

1st round

Trufant
Rhodes

Early 2nd round

Banks
Taylor
Hayden

Late 2nd/Early 3rd

Amerson
Wreh-wilson
Slay
Ryan

3rd Round

Poyer
Webb
Mathieu
McFadden

Late 3rd/4th Round

Commings
McGee

Draft Aaron Donald

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#39 : April 17, 2013, 09:37:51 PM

Darius Slay
Xavier Rhodes
Desmond Trufant

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 17, 2013, 09:45:13 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3Rpnxjf7SE

Watch the play at 4:07. This is one of the main reasons I really like Hayden. That is heart. That is the type of player I want.

Draft Aaron Donald

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 17, 2013, 09:48:48 PM

I like Hayden... but the heart thing?  Scary.

Hoist the Battleflag

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#42 : April 17, 2013, 09:51:36 PM

Milliner, Poyer, Ryan - Top Dog and a couple of longshots with spunk.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 17, 2013, 09:59:00 PM

I like Hayden... but the heart thing?  Scary.

Meh. It was a freak thing. He's been medically cleared and it should never effect him in again in anyway. I guess the one valid concern would be if he developes some sort of mental issue with fear of contact. Don't think it'll be an issue though. He's become my favorite CB in the entire draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llLcuVvBZ1M

Draft Aaron Donald

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 18, 2013, 12:25:26 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3Rpnxjf7SE

Watch the play at 4:07. This is one of the main reasons I really like Hayden. That is heart. That is the type of player I want.

Did you mean a different time in the video? 4:07 is the end of what looks like a pretty standard play.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The best CBs from this upcoming draft are... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools