Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 - 4-19: STOCKER, THE INSIGNIFICANCE OF TEs IN BUCS OFFENSE, + DRAFT « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
« : April 19, 2013, 02:50:49 PM »

Is it time for Luke Stocker to step up and be the Bucs' starting TE? Why won't Tampa Bay use an early draft pick on a TE? What stands out about the Bucs' 2013 schedule? Should Tampa Bay consider drafting LB Jarvis Jones? Get the answers, plus some draft insight in this week's edition of SR's Fab 5.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8857:&Itemid=15

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

« #1 : April 19, 2013, 04:18:57 PM »

Dallas Clark came here and looked like a nobody. Stocker has been a serviceable TE for a 7th round pick. Until we start better using TEs there is no use picking one up in the early rounds.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #2 : April 19, 2013, 04:22:21 PM »

What?  We used two fourth round picks on Stocker.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #3 : April 19, 2013, 04:28:23 PM »

for the two 4ths we used on Stocker I hope he can do something this year.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #4 : April 19, 2013, 06:05:18 PM »

Fab 2 was excellent. We definitely are not taking a TE early....it would be such a waste.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #5 : April 19, 2013, 06:43:17 PM »

Dallas Clark had the 3rd most targets on the team. A lot of those were him playing from the slot, but it shows you the versatility of having an athletic TE. It's not only about number of targets either, it's about having a guy who can get open when it counts the most and make those tough catches. We don't have to spend a first round pick to get a good TE. This draft has many options, and it would be unwise to go into the season without picking one up. I think that Stocker can be productive if given the chance, but he still lacks athleticism and great hands. All we have are a bunch of #2 and #3 TEs.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #6 : April 19, 2013, 06:49:56 PM »

Dallas Clark had the 3rd most targets on the team. A lot of those were him playing from the slot, but it shows you the versatility of having an athletic TE. It's not only about number of targets either, it's about having a guy who can get open when it counts the most and make those tough catches. We don't have to spend a first round pick to get a good TE. This draft has many options, and it would be unwise to go into the season without picking one up. I think that Stocker can be productive if given the chance, but he still lacks athleticism and great hands. All we have are a bunch of #2 and #3 TEs.

I would trust a good 3rd WR in the slot to do this better than a good TE.

3rd WR > TE

This offense will work fine with Stocker and Crabtree.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #7 : April 19, 2013, 08:48:37 PM »

3rd WR > TE

The #3 WR should get more targets, but it would also be nice to have a 6'5" guy who can outmuscle anyone on the defensive back 7. I just want to pick up a TE because it's a strong TE draft. In rounds 3-4 the best remaining TE is probably going to be the BPA.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #8 : April 19, 2013, 09:03:31 PM »

3rd WR > TE

The #3 WR should get more targets, but it would also be nice to have a 6'5" guy who can outmuscle anyone on the defensive back 7. I just want to pick up a TE because it's a strong TE draft. In rounds 3-4 the best remaining TE is probably going to be the BPA.

I'm perfectly fine with that. I just don't think we should take one in the first 2 rounds because of the talent that will be available at positions of greater need.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #9 : April 19, 2013, 09:10:04 PM »

take that furstenberg cat late.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #10 : April 19, 2013, 10:02:07 PM »

3rd WR > TE

I'm perfectly fine with that. I just don't think we should take one in the first 2 rounds because of the talent that will be available at positions of greater need.

yeah definitely not, I doubt a TE would even be the BPA in the first 2 rounds

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #11 : April 19, 2013, 10:12:18 PM »

The whole “Freeman needs a good tight end to be a safety blanket” is a farce. Kellen Winslow produced as many penalties and interceptions as he did touchdowns, and was replaced by Clark, who will likely be replaced by third-year pro Luke Stocker.

The fact that K2 had penalties and caused INTs doesn't take away the fact that he was a great pass catching TE and
big target for Freeman. If the Bucs were able to get that type of talented TE without the baggage, I think Free would love it. Clark "replaced" K2 but was never the receiver or target that K2 was for Free. I'm glad K2's gone but would love for the Bucs to get somebody similar athletically.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #12 : April 20, 2013, 11:26:08 AM »

We had zilch in WR talent when we made the trade to get Winslow the younger. Since he rarely blocked, he was the equivalent of a big WR in what he did on the field. As that has changed greatly with Williams' development and Jackson, TE is kinda a low priority, IMO. But then, ya gotta take good players when they're available. Good TE's don't come along every year...
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 - 4-19: STOCKER, THE INSIGNIFICANCE OF TEs IN BUCS OFFENSE, + DRAFT « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools