Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clay Matthews Extension « previous next »
Page: 1

yungbull

Starter
: April 17, 2013, 04:19:20 PM

Wow!

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
In the next calendar year, Clay Matthews will make more than $28M thanks to his new extension, I'm told. It's $66M over 5 years ext

I thought one of the benefits of moving to a 3-4 was to not have to pay pass rushers premium salary.  There goes that philosophy...

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 17, 2013, 04:24:04 PM

I guess the plan for GB is...Rodgers on O, Matthews on D....and 51 scrubs and rookies.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 17, 2013, 04:28:06 PM

$13.2m per year. Pass rushers get paid. Does make the Revis demands reported of $15m per look downright silly.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 17, 2013, 04:39:22 PM

That's pretty good money in his family!!!

I wonder how much money Pebbles and BamBam made?

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 17, 2013, 07:02:56 PM

$13.2m per year. Pass rushers get paid. Does make the Revis demands reported of $15m per look downright silly.

Why ? Shut down corners get paid too.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 17, 2013, 07:11:29 PM

damn rite!! Imagine what a 28 yr old Prime would me making in today's NFL.

-------------------------------------------------------

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 17, 2013, 07:51:01 PM

They do but not several million more than the pass rushers of the league. If he is $13m Revis ceiling is the same.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 17, 2013, 07:56:25 PM

There are a lot less shut down corners in the league than there are good pass rushers  ( only about 3 by my count ) , so his making a little more money makes sense to me.

Supply and Demand...

yungbull

Starter
#8 : April 17, 2013, 08:32:28 PM

Agreed, the value of a top corner is much higher than a pass rushing 3-4 OLB. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 17, 2013, 10:13:39 PM

Franchise tag disagrees with you about the value of pass rushers vs CBs. Revis wants $5m OVER the tag figure.

Pass rushers threaten QBs who are the highest value asset on the field. CB at best threaten one of many WRs on the field.  As the league moves towards more and more 3+ WR set I think you see tht franchise figure on CBs go down. The old saw of a CB erasing half the field isn't true. He might now control 33% or less of the options on the field.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 18, 2013, 07:10:46 AM

Franchise Tag goes by what the top 3 are already getting paid. As I said,  there might be only 3 shut down corners in the whole league,  and none of them have new contracts yet. Wait until you see what Richard Sherman is about to get paid,  then come back to me.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#11 : April 18, 2013, 01:23:37 PM

I thought it was top 5 at the position for the franchise tag?

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clay Matthews Extension « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools