Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you think Tavon Austin is most similar to? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 19, 2013, 07:44:03 AM

There was a guy that played in the preseason for the Bucs a few years ago. Small guy that could cut on a dime. Pretty much only used as a PR/KR in the preseason. Can't remember his name.

Jock Sanders. God that was bothering me. Just so happens he was also WVU.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 19, 2013, 08:32:06 AM

There was a guy that played in the preseason for the Bucs a few years ago. Small guy that could cut on a dime. Pretty much only used as a PR/KR in the preseason. Can't remember his name.

Jock Sanders. God that was bothering me. Just so happens he was also WVU.

Jock, Noel, Tavon....WVU produces the speedy multiple option players but none of them have done much in the NFL. Hes a big risk IMO. Your putting everything on playmaking ability when even the great ones only have maybe one big play a game on average if they are lucky. Betting a top pick on him being a game changer week in and week out is a tall order.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 19, 2013, 08:52:54 AM

Everyone except players on the Bucs. We sorely lack speed in our offense

we have very fast 40 times according to the nfl combine.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 19, 2013, 09:31:27 AM

Mayock has him as the number one wideout now...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 19, 2013, 09:44:07 AM

The way West Virginia used him i'd say he's a mix of DeSean Jackson and Darren Sproles.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 19, 2013, 09:57:04 AM

I think that is a good comparison.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 19, 2013, 09:57:43 AM

To be fair he has not ever had a good slot. I do tend to agree that a big TE would be more beneficial but we forced the ball to our outside WR last year because our slot wasn't real good.

Us throwing the ball to our outside WRs had more to do with their talent and less to do with Underwood's, IMO. If Sullivan is wanting to run an offense very close to what the Giants run, then a slot will be more important than a TE. I think in this system, Crabtree and Stocker will be sufficient. A good slot is what I would personally prefer.

All that said, I think it would be a better fir for Freeman if we got a slot who is a bigger bodied WR than Tavon. Maybe a guy slightly shorter than MW19, but with a bit more speed. Tavon may need to be with a QB who can fit throws into tight windows on a consistent basis, and I don't see Freeman as that guy. It would be scary if Austin went to a team like the Saints. Yikes.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 19, 2013, 04:34:07 PM

Desean Jackson is about the scrawniest little kid I've ever seen be successful in the NFL.....and Tavon is smaller. Just saying. Maybe in today's powder puff NFL he will be great, but I'm just not a huge fan of guys THAT small.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 19, 2013, 04:49:22 PM

Frankly, I think Dennard Robinson from Michigan can be as good as Austin and can be had much lower in the draft. Also, the guy has quarterback skills so could act as either a wildcat or emergency quarterback. Probably can pick him up in the 5th or 6th round.

Highlight video:

2012 Video that shows him as a quarterback, running back and receiver: http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=denard+robinson+highlight+2012+video&view=detail&mid=E282FFE17BA4B1BBCB4EE282FFE17BA4B1BBCB4E&first=0&FORM=NVPFVR
: April 19, 2013, 04:55:42 PM nitey

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 19, 2013, 10:22:21 PM

Desean Jackson is about the scrawniest little kid I've ever seen be successful in the NFL.....and Tavon is smaller. Just saying. Maybe in today's powder puff NFL he will be great, but I'm just not a huge fan of guys THAT small.

+ 1 million

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you think Tavon Austin is most similar to? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools