Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Assessing Bucs at running back « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 18, 2013, 05:36:29 PM

J-Dub's guy Dennis Johnson. I think he can be a good backup to Doug and the guy can play on special teams.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 18, 2013, 05:48:30 PM

Ball is a baller. I'd love to grab him in the 3rd or 4th (I doubt he's still there though).

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 18, 2013, 06:07:51 PM

Ball is a baller. I'd love to grab him in the 3rd or 4th (I doubt he's still there though).

I think so to and it helps that we have the O-line coach from Wisconsin.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 18, 2013, 06:28:17 PM

If Martin is gonna continue to be a 300+ carry per year guy like it looks there's not much reason to spend any pick especially a 2 or 3 on his backup. That guy is gonna get ~ 50 carries or less so really as long as he's breathing that is ok.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 18, 2013, 06:40:47 PM

If Martin is gonna continue to be a 300+ carry per year guy like it looks there's not much reason to spend any pick especially a 2 or 3 on his backup. That guy is gonna get ~ 50 carries or less so really as long as he's breathing that is ok.

With the way martin plays the game he won't make through 300+ a year.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 18, 2013, 09:50:19 PM

Overkill IMO.  Just pick up an undrafted free agent RB. 

It wouldn't be a bad thing if the Bucs went totally defense in the entire draft.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 18, 2013, 10:06:48 PM

Christine Michael in the 2nd round? Wow. That would be awful! I haven't seen him ranked any higher than a 4th round prospect anywhere.

2nd round is just too early for the Bucs to take any RB. Top of the 3rd at the earliest, and then only if Monte Ball somehow fell that far. Otherwise we should be looking for a RB in the 5th or later. Guys like Dennis Johnson, Zac Stacey, Ray Graham, Robbie Rouse, ect.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 18, 2013, 10:19:24 PM

Stepfan Taylor is another guy I really like. I'm surprised we don't hear more about him. I thought he would go way too early for us to be interested, but most sites have him as a 4th round guy. That dude is a 2nd round pick imo. To be honest, I think he is a Cadillac Williams clone....and while I hated Caddy at #5, I'd say he's a good value in the middle of the draft. No? Maybe not for us right now, but some team will get a helluva player in the middle of the draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_00ziPxn0Os

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSguCSmL1nM

Also, Christine Michael has great speed, but he is not a great running back. I know we visited with him, but I pray we stay away. We basically already have him on our roster. His name is Michael Smith.
: April 18, 2013, 10:32:03 PM JDouble

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#23 : April 18, 2013, 11:13:18 PM

J-Dub's guy Dennis Johnson. I think he can be a good backup to Doug and the guy can play on special teams.

Dennis Johnson is growing on me. Of course, this probably means we won't get him.

The Freeman

Starter

#24 : April 18, 2013, 11:31:35 PM

there is only 2-3 RB's worth a 2nd day pick: Giovani Bernard & Johnathan Franklin (+ Eddie Lacy?)
unless we trade Blount i don't want to see any RB until the 5th or 6th round...
Montee Ball, Le'Veon Bell, Zac Stacy, Latavius Murray, Jawan Jamison, Joseph Randle or Marcus Lattimore...
udfa's: Miguel Maysonet, Cameron Marshall, Theo Riddik, George Winn, Spencer Ware or Michael Ford + would like a Kerwynn Williams or Orwin Smith
: April 19, 2013, 12:59:52 AM The Freeman

Mic

Starter

#25 : April 18, 2013, 11:51:46 PM

Not saying i would endorse picking him in the second cause it is a reach but hes the typical Schiano back short stocky powerful downhill runner with moves and can see him falling in love with this guy.

Michael isn't making it out of round 3 and Smith is not a good comparison to Michael, he is head and shoulders above Smith as a runner, bigger, stronger, better balance,better vision

: April 19, 2013, 12:47:32 AM Mic

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 19, 2013, 12:00:34 AM

Lattimore

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 19, 2013, 12:10:09 AM

Lattimore

Use one of the 4ths, I say.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 19, 2013, 07:31:42 AM

Not saying i would endorse picking him in the second cause it is a reach but hes the typical Schiano back short stocky powerful downhill runner with moves and can see him falling in love with this guy.

Michael isn't making it out of round 3 and Smith is not a good comparison to Michael, he is head and shoulders above Smith as a runner, bigger, stronger, better balance,better vision

According to all the experts, there will likely be no RB taken in the 1st round this year. According the experts, Christine is ranked as the 7th best RB. So if you go by the "experts" on the internet, he'll go late 3rd or 4th.

Personally I think he is a guy that tests well at track meets and runs fast in a straight line....but he has no vision, balance, or moves to be a great running back. I've been tricked by big & fast before, many folks fall for it....but big & fast doesn't = good running back. In his case, size doesn't matter because he doesn't play big. He gets solo tackled constantly. And is speed is negated by the fact that he has no vision or moves. He is the type of guy that needs big gaping holes to run through or else he'll just run into the line and go down. He will not make things happen on his own. Everyone gets their own opinion and if you like the guy, then so be it....but I feel 100% sure that he will not be a good NFL running back. Hell, he wasn't even impressive at the collegiate level!

Now Stepfan Taylor, who is ranked very similarly and is the same exact size, is an impressive cat who shows vision, moves, balance, and receiving ability. That dude is 100x the running back.
: April 19, 2013, 07:33:53 AM JDouble

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 19, 2013, 08:43:08 AM

Both him and C. Michael seem to be climbing. Rotoworld ranked the RBs and have Michael at 5 Johnson at 6.  Both these guys were 5th round or later guys before the combine.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Assessing Bucs at running back « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools