Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Robbie Rouse « previous next »
Page: 1

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: April 18, 2013, 08:42:46 AM

I'm always looking for late round gems, especially at running back. This year I've been real high on Dennis Johnson, and I still am....but there is a second guy that should be drafted late or even undrafted, that I really like. Robbie Rouse out of Fresno State. He is a compact type runner in the same mold as Dennis Johnson and Doug Martin. He is a hair under 5'7" and has weighed in consistently  at 190lbs. Little bigger than Darren Sproles, little smaller than MJD. The major difference is that Rouse ran a horrible 40 at the combine, while Sproles and MJD are speed demons. Rouse doesn't have that 5th gear like MJD and Sproles, but he is very similar when it comes to short area speed and cut back ability. He re ran his 40 at his pro day and matched Doug Martin's time, but you'd obviously like to see more top end speed from a guy his size.

If you can get past the 40 time, and look at his game play and production, you'll see a guy that can be a great value later in the draft, or even as an undrafted free agent. Didn't play much as a rookie, but still managed 4647 rushing yards during his college career, which is a Fresno State school record. He also had 110  catches for 784 yards. 42 total TDs.

If Rouse had the blazing top end speed, he'd probably be drafted on day two. Without it, he is a solid late round pick that can contribute in many ways. His 110 catches show his ability to catch which even makes him an option in the slot. He's very slippery and great on 3rd downs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxdeqyAp8dM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_0nQjfSw0A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLc45gf9unQ

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#1 : April 18, 2013, 11:45:34 AM

Its funny that your late round gems never pan out.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 18, 2013, 12:04:24 PM

Spannnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 18, 2013, 04:51:30 PM

Its funny that your late round gems never pan out.

Blount has done pretty well.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 18, 2013, 04:54:43 PM

It's funny that haters continue to hate.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#5 : April 18, 2013, 05:08:24 PM

It's funny that haters continue to hate.
if its true, how is it hating.

''Blount has done pretty well''.
Really?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 18, 2013, 05:23:57 PM

Hmm...I didn't quote anyone...

Guilty conscience??  ;)

Kidding aside, it seems like the popular thing to hop into one of j-dub's threads about draft prospects and give him sh*t for simply having interest in collegiate prospects.

So whether you have done so in the past(which I will admit that I have no idea), you have placed yourself in with the group who play the "you are always wrong"/"your prospects never pan out" card.

So the "hating" I am referring to, is done by the same group who has the purpose of just flaming the thread instead of conversing.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 18, 2013, 05:24:59 PM

Yeah really. Do I need to post his highlight reel?

Look bro, I share some info and video on players I like and assume some folks might be interested in. If you're not interested, you're not interested. It's all good....but posting just hate on me only makes you look bad. If you don't have an opinion on the thread topic, why post?

It is rhetorical. You don't need to answer.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#8 : April 18, 2013, 05:27:34 PM

Hmm...I didn't quote anyone...

Guilty conscience??  ;)

Kidding aside, it seems like the popular thing to hop into one of j-dub's threads about draft prospects and give him sh*t for simply having interest in collegiate prospects.

So whether you have done so in the past(which I will admit that I have no idea), you have placed yourself in with the group who play the "you are always wrong"/"your prospects never pan out" card.

So the "hating" I am referring to, is done by the same group who has the purpose of just flaming the thread instead of conversing.
like you inside a freeman or barron thread?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 18, 2013, 05:30:02 PM

I'm always looking for late round gems, especially at running back. This year I've been real high on Dennis Johnson, and I still am....but there is a second guy that should be drafted late or even undrafted, that I really like. Robbie Rouse out of Fresno State. He is a compact type runner in the same mold as Dennis Johnson and Doug Martin. He is a hair under 5'7" and has weighed in consistently  at 190lbs. Little bigger than Darren Sproles, little smaller than MJD. The major difference is that Rouse ran a horrible 40 at the combine, while Sproles and MJD are speed demons. Rouse doesn't have that 5th gear like MJD and Sproles, but he is very similar when it comes to short area speed and cut back ability. He re ran his 40 at his pro day and matched Doug Martin's time, but you'd obviously like to see more top end speed from a guy his size.

If you can get past the 40 time, and look at his game play and production, you'll see a guy that can be a great value later in the draft, or even as an undrafted free agent. Didn't play much as a rookie, but still managed 4647 rushing yards during his college career, which is a Fresno State school record. He also had 110  catches for 784 yards. 42 total TDs.

If Rouse had the blazing top end speed, he'd probably be drafted on day two. Without it, he is a solid late round pick that can contribute in many ways. His 110 catches show his ability to catch which even makes him an option in the slot. He's very slippery and great on 3rd downs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxdeqyAp8dM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_0nQjfSw0A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLc45gf9unQ

I'll just repost the OP so we can get back on topic.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Robbie Rouse « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools